4Gb Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo 89.99AR @ outpost

is this a sign of universal price drops, or should I jump on this now before they aren't available at this price?

This seems extremely cheap, but I do know that these memory cards have a habit of dropping in price extremely fast.

EDIT: the reason I ask is that I currently have a PSP (which is getting no use right now. Which is okay because it was free, which is why I don't want to spend money on games), as well as a cell phone I am planning to buy in a couple of weeks that could make use of this. But I probably wouldn't use it until my cell phone got here (2-3weeks) and was wondering if the price would go back up, or if it would stay about this range (and maybe even lower through other retailers).

[quote name='Moose_Man']Will this work on the Wii?[/QUOTE]

Uhhhhh, the Wii will use SD cards not SONY Memory Sticks.....

there was a rumor the PSP remake will include a 8gig without much price increase.

I totally believe that now, considering 2 gig was $80 just a month ago.

Anything's possible, but last I heard Sony has denied that they're even thinking of a redesign. Of course, that's what you'd expect them to say, but still I'm not sure how much credibility a rumor like that has.

As for whether the price will go back up, yes it probably will in the immediate future, but only temporarily. The general trend is for these to go down in price, but there will sometimes be several weeks or more when there aren't any decent deals on the large capacity memory sticks. So if you think you would use it in 2-3 weeks, it sounds like you could go ahead and get it. After all, it'll probably take a week just to arrive. (What phone are you talking about, dpatel?)

Not even worth it for me considering it's not an Ultra II. I look forward to an Ultra II 8 or 12 gig. coming cheap pretty soon. Also it's nice to have a format available which offers large storage options you don't have to worry about eventually conking out like an iPod HDD.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Perfect for the future PS1 emulation.[/quote]

Going to 2nd that. and i payed that for my 1gb MS months ago. :roll:

[quote name='icruise']Anything's possible, but last I heard Sony has denied that they're even thinking of a redesign. Of course, that's what you'd expect them to say, but still I'm not sure how much credibility a rumor like that has.

As for whether the price will go back up, yes it probably will in the immediate future, but only temporarily. The general trend is for these to go down in price, but there will sometimes be several weeks or more when there aren't any decent deals on the large capacity memory sticks. So if you think you would use it in 2-3 weeks, it sounds like you could go ahead and get it. After all, it'll probably take a week just to arrive. (What phone are you talking about, dpatel?)[/QUOTE]

probably the sony ericsson w810i. I actually haven't checked if this memory stick is compatible with it yet. I'm waiting for the phone to be availble in cingular stores, so I can get discounts if I extend my phone contract,

[quote name='dpatel']probably the sony ericsson w810i. I actually haven't checked if this memory stick is compatible with it yet. I'm waiting for the phone to be availble in cingular stores, so I can get discounts if I extend my phone contract,[/QUOTE]
the w810 is compatible with the 4GB, I"m probably gonna wait, I"m sure it will go down eventually, I mean i waited for a bit and i got a 2GB for 40.

Heh, I got a 512 for around that price when the PSP first came out.

I'm going to wait until it hit's 50 or something (even with a rebate). Might take a big while, but the PSP isn't my priority to upgrade right now.

[quote name='chedderknight']the w810 is compatible with the 4GB, I"m probably gonna wait, I"m sure it will go down eventually, I mean i waited for a bit and i got a 2GB for 40.[/QUOTE]

well, the whole reason I am getting the phone is so I can have an MP3 player replacement, so ill probably want a mem stick shortly after I buy it. This price isn't that bad for a 4GB though. I may buy a cheap 2GB or 1GB to hold me off until 8GB is cheaper.

I'd bite but my w800i doesn't officially support 4gigs. Still waiting for a ridiculously good 2gig deal.

[quote name='yte']my order got back ordered. did anyone have their order shipped?[/quote]

mine tooo... i hope i still get it somehow

I'm an idiot. I recieved my card today but never printed the rebate form from the website. i click on the link and now it's gone. Did anyone happen to save it? I'm sure it was a pdf. Thank you really to anybody that can help.

I just stuffed my 1 GB card the other day with the introduction of the Atari 2600 EMU. I cant even fit a text file on that card with everything else on there.:cool:

bread's done
Back