4GB Xbox 360 Console $199 + $50 credit - Amazon

mtxbass1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Amazon has matched Target's price this week on the 4GB Xbox 360 console.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-4GB-Console/dp/B003O6JKLC/

$199, then you'll get a $50 credit.

Order the Xbox 360 4 GB Console, Receive a $50 Credit Order Bonus
Order the Xbox 360 4 GB Console and get a $50 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Is it worth getting rid of my Pro console with the HDMI port in it?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the new one have HDMI?

[quote name='Kaiser499']Is it worth getting rid of my Pro console with the HDMI port in it?[/QUOTE]

Are you having problems with it? If not...then no.

I have the e74 error on mine. Was going to send it in to Microsoft for repair since it's still under warranty but this deal is tempting.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Doesn't the new one have HDMI?[/QUOTE]

New ones have HDMI (only come with composite cables though), 5 USB ports (2 front, 3 back) 1 Kintect-specific port, and built in 802.11n wireless.

Wow, another X360 $50 gc deal for the 3rd week in a row. Yeah seems like price drop is imminent. That or retailers are simply trying to get rid of excess inventory.

[quote name='Blue Arcana']I was thinking about buying this hard drive with it, but I wasn't sure if it was a knockoff made to look like an official product because of the price.[/QUOTE]
I believe Amazon has a buyer protection program for those buying from 3rd party sellers, but I can't get the official page with the exact details to load up at the moment.

I was hoping Amazon would price match, otherwise I was going to get the Target deal. Just placed my order. I wonder how much I can get for the controller, I already have three and don't need another.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I have the e74 error on mine. Was going to send it in to Microsoft for repair since it's still under warranty but this deal is tempting.[/QUOTE]

Buy this and one of those knockoff hard drive enclosures for the slim for $10. When you get them crack open your old 360's hard drive enclosure, take out the drive, and put it in the new one. Send your old 360 in for repair. When you get it back sell it on eBay/craig's list. You'll already have a good box and packing materials to ship it to the buyer.

[quote name='Blue Arcana']I was thinking about buying this hard drive with it, but I wasn't sure if it was a knockoff made to look like an official product because of the price.[/QUOTE]

This looks like a legit Microsoft HDD . . . seller has great feedback (though not a ton of it), and it looks like they've sold other slim HDDs to other customers with no problems. Also at the top under the product title, it says "by Microsoft", which indicates it is legit. Not a bad price for a 250gb slim HDD.

Anyone else wonder if these $50 gift card inclusions are a sign of a new console similar to the way that Nintendo is dropping the price of the Wii and will be announcing theirs at E3?

[quote name='ZForce915']Anyone else wonder if these $50 gift card inclusions are a sign of a new console similar to the way that Nintendo is dropping the price of the Wii and will be announcing theirs at E3?[/QUOTE]

Kinect is their new console. If anything, the xbox is just getting cheaper to produce.

A little of topic, but on topic for me, are they going to release a White Slim?

I don't really need a new console as I have one in my BR and LR. But I would like a new one to reduce the disc noise in my BR.

At the risk of sounding OT, I think this might be the best place to ask something regarding the 4GB Slim I bought 2 weeks ago from Amazon during the same promotion:

I decided to buy a 250GB HDD to use with the 4GB, and I found what I believed was a really good deal--a "Like New" one sold by 5 STAR GAMING (profile at http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/selle...etplaceSeller=0&seller=ARJ9CR5IBXBH3&isPopup=). The description and seller reputation appeared reliable, so I didn't expect to receive a 3rd-party hard drive. I purchased it and (surprisingly) received it in the mail a few days later; the Microsoft-brand hard drive, while unpackaged, looked to be in great condition, so I was genuinely impressed.

I didn't actually open the 4GB until yesterday, and when I tried using the 250GB HDD, I encountered the E68 error (caused by hard drives). The system turns on just fine when the hard drive isn't inserted, but it always makes weird noises for a few seconds and then outputs the error screen if the hard drive is there (and I'm pretty sure it's connected properly). I find it hard to believe, but did I really receive a defective hard drive? Is it possible that I'm not inserting the hard drive the right way? Or does the problem lie with the system (which I find very hard to believe given its newness)?

Again, I know this is off-topic, and for that, I apologize, but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've contacted 5 STAR GAMING about this, but they've only offered to give me a refund...though I'd have to pay to ship the hard drive back. :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']At the risk of sounding OT, I think this might be the best place to ask something regarding the 4GB Slim I bought 2 weeks ago from Amazon during the same promotion:

I decided to buy a 250GB HDD to use with the 4GB, and I found what I believed was a really good deal--a "Like New" one sold by 5 STAR GAMING (profile at http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/selle...etplaceSeller=0&seller=ARJ9CR5IBXBH3&isPopup=). The description and seller reputation appeared reliable, so I didn't expect to receive a 3rd-party hard drive. I purchased it and (surprisingly) received it in the mail a few days later; the Microsoft-brand hard drive, while unpackaged, looked to be in great condition, so I was genuinely impressed.

I didn't actually open the 4GB until yesterday, and when I tried using the 250GB HDD, I encountered the E68 error (caused by hard drives). The system turns on just fine when the hard drive isn't inserted, but it always makes weird noises for a few seconds and then outputs the error screen if the hard drive is there (and I'm pretty sure it's connected properly). I find it hard to believe, but did I really receive a defective hard drive? Is it possible that I'm not inserting the hard drive the right way? Or does the problem lie with the system (which I find very hard to believe given its newness)?

Again, I know this is off-topic, and for that, I apologize, but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've contacted 5 STAR GAMING about this, but they've only offered to give me a refund...though I'd have to pay to ship the hard drive back. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

You got a defect. Return it, and next time buy a new one. You really can't trust used drives.

I bet they will announce a price drop at E3. Good lord, Xbox 360 debuted in 2005. It's time to get below $199 on this damn thing!

It would be nice to see them drop it. My system works fine (Jasper model with 250GB) but it looks like I'm going to need to get a wireless adapter when I move next week since I won't be able to plug directly into my network. The thought of spending any more money on the old unit seems like a waste so I'm trying to figure out if I should wait for an announcement or suck it up and buy a wireless adapter.

[quote name='ZForce915']It would be nice to see them drop it. My system works fine (Jasper model with 250GB) but it looks like I'm going to need to get a wireless adapter when I move next week since I won't be able to plug directly into my network. The thought of spending any more money on the old unit seems like a waste so I'm trying to figure out if I should wait for an announcement or suck it up and buy a wireless adapter.[/QUOTE]

I've got an older arcade, that I turned in to a 250gb. My issue was that I have this long cable running from my living room, in to the bedroom where the Xbox is (for the network). I was going to buy the wireless adapter also, but I ended up just buying a second 360. One for the bedroom, one for the living room. The wireless one will go in the bedroom and eliminate the huge cable. I spent a total of $44.67 out of pocket on this deal, and Amazon is giving me $50 back...so that's not too bad IMO.

bread's done
Back