4k TV Black Friday deals

TurkeyOnRye

CAGiversary!
Feedback
214 (100%)
So, my wife finally gave me permission to buy a 4k TV.  I have a 42 inch 1080p Sansui (don't judge, it was $38 dollars when we bought our ~$3000 bedroom suite).  We cut cable a few years ago and basically watch everything through the Xbox One and an OTA antenna.

I'm trying to stick to the $800-$900 range.  Also, I'd prefer 55" or bigger for the space we are putting it in.

I'd really like to get the Best Buy 60" Samsung for $799.

But is it a better deal than these???  I'm not sure...

At Best Buy: ($698) VIZIO - 55" LED Smart - 4K Ultra HDTV Model: D55U-D1

At Walmart: ($448) Hisense 55" LED Smart - 4K Ultra HDTV

At Sams: ($498) VIZIO - 50" LED Smart - 4K Ultra HDTV Model: D50U-D1

At Target: ($797) Samsung - 55" LED Smart - 4K Ultra HDTV Model: UN55JU6400FXZA

•  

Also... another quick question.  The 128gb SanDisk Cruzer Glide flash drive at Best Buy... can I use that as a hard drive for the 360 to save GWG games on? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, I am saying I think you will like the Samsung the best. From my experience Vizio was a pain after owning a plasma TV of theirs for about 6 months it had some problems, such as odd noises while in operation & taking forever to actually turn on. Hisense I have no experience with.

Everything I've read says that if you're going Vizio to get one of their M-Class TVs but none seem to be on sale that fits my needs.  And Hisense I don't know anything about either except that it's not one of the big brands.  I saw one in Walmart though and it had a very pretty 4k picture with those slow shots of Machu Picchu, but besides that I know nothing about it.

Any reason why I should pic the Target deal over the BB one?  I looked at the specs, I see nothing different except that the BB one is bigger.

Depends on the size of the TV and where you are sitting at. I like my curved tv!
Yeah, but that's what I read, that most people given the size and configuration of their rooms don't get any benefit out of it. It's mostly just marketing and the fact that the newer LCD technology allows curved screens when they couldn't before.

Hisense I know makes some decent tablets at decent prices. I have one I bought refurb and I had to return and the second one works fine, but the battery life could be better.

I used to have a big tube Sansui TV I bought at Best Buy when I was in college. That thing is still going strong and was dirt cheap considering.

I currently have a TCL brand TV from Amazon that we got after a storm killed our old 42'' Panasonic Plasma. I love it. Only 1080P, but looks great.

I don't think brand is a make it or break it thing, but you need to research the specific models on sale and read the reviews if you can (or find something similar) to see which one is the best purchase.

I really like Samsung only because I have a Samsung monitor I got for Christmas 9 years ago and it is still going strong despite multiple moves and being in a suitcase on a checked bag in a plane. Electronics rarely last that long for me. I think all things considered if the price and specs are similar just go with whatever your gut tells you.

There's a LG 60" 4K on sale for $999 this week that is a 120Hz model.  And I have a 10% coupon... so as long as I can use the coupon, I think this is the set I'm going with.  All of the BF sets advertised above are 60Hz I think.

bread's done
Back