4K TV Under $2000??

Don't bother buying 4K TV's as the upcoming 4K Blu's are a scam. Some will be upconverted but all will not be full color, just like Blu-rays.
If you're selling me 4K I especially want a master print essentially.

[quote name='Sarang01']Don't bother buying 4K TV's as the upcoming 4K Blu's are a scam. Some will be upconverted but all will not be full color, just like Blu-rays.
If you're selling me 4K I especially want a master print essentially.[/QUOTE]
I had a feeling it was too good to be true.

[quote name='Blaster man']These TV's are too new to buy. Plus 8k is on the way which will relegate 4k to 720p status.[/QUOTE]

Saying 4K is 720P status is a gross exaggeration. If will be the next big thing for for some time to come. Not only will it be several years until any 8K televisions even get considered to be produced to consumers, the lack of content will make it pretty useless. Even 4K will have a hard time getting enough content for it to be that useful.

8K isn't even being developed by anyone. Red cameras are the only people even bringing up and pushing for 6K at the moment.

[quote name='Vinny']Wow... and here I was happy with 1080p.

Call me when they perfect VR and it's actually cheap.[/QUOTE]

You won't be when full color 1080p masters of movies like the SW prequel release. Once you see all that color added you won't want to go back.

[quote name='SEH']8K isn't even being developed by anyone. Red cameras are the only people even bringing up and pushing for 6K at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Eh...there was an 8k TV's at CES this year. Most people are considering 4k a stopgap on the way to 8k so if be careful about this.

[quote name='Blaster man']Eh...there was an 8k TV's at CES this year. Most people are considering 4k a stopgap on the way to 8k so if be careful about this.[/QUOTE]

There was a single 8K Prototype at CES. Most people consider 4K a stopgap to 8K? Stop making shit up.

Seriously, it will be YEARS (lots of them) before anything comes of 8K. They can't even figure out how to offer 4K at the moment thanks to our nations shit ISP's and their retarded caps and speeds. If anything, and even this is a major longshot, RED will get 6K out there and it will be 4K and 6K on the market.

[quote name='ssjmichael']There was a single 8K Prototype at CES. Most people consider 4K a stopgap to 8K? Stop making shit up.[/QUOTE]

You could have just googled 4k stop gap and found plenty of talk about it. I didnt make it up.

[quote name='Blaster man']You could have just googled 4k stop gap and found plenty of talk about it. I didnt make it up.[/QUOTE]

Are you actually capable of reading? The majority of articles that mention 4K being a stopgap are all referring to a single report from IHS iSuppli. And not only that, they're not saying it's a stopgap until 8K, they're saying it's one until OLED. OLED≠8K

So yes, either you can't read properly, or you're making stuff up. You choose, it's a fail either way for you.

This internet is such serious business!

[quote name='Vinny']Call me when they perfect VR and it's actually cheap.[/QUOTE]

This! Because otherwise, I'll be outside enjoying real life HD resolution.

bread's done
Back