4TB Seagate Portable HDD "USB Powered" - $119.99 (Amazon)

That I don't understand you get a tb more for a lot less am I missing something. Why is that??
The 5TB drive has a bulky seperate power supply that has to be plugged into the wall as well as a usb into the xbox. Alot of extra cables. The 4TB from the main post is a single USB all powered by the 1 usb that goes into the xbox. Some people prefer a drive that is powered by the USb cable ove having to have alot of other cables. If you dont care either way the 5tb one would be better. I prefer a usb powered drive. This 4TB one is the first ive seen thats USb powered.

The 5TB drive has a bulky seperate power supply that has to be plugged into the wall as well as a usb into the xbox. Alot of extra cables. The 4TB from the main post is a single USB all powered by the 1 usb that goes into the xbox. Some people prefer a drive that is powered by the USb cable ove having to have alot of other cables. If you dont care either way the 5tb one would be better. I prefer a usb powered drive. This 4TB one is the first ive seen thats USb powered.
I was getting ready to ask if the 5TB drive was fully USB powered because I don't see anything about that mentioned in the specs description.

Personally I'd rather take a 4TB unit if it saves me from having another outlet to plug into the wall. The area behind my entertainment center is already a mess of cables.

I was getting ready to ask if the 5TB drive was fully USB powered because I don't see anything about that mentioned in the specs description.

Personally I'd rather take a 4TB unit if it saves me from having another outlet to plug into the wall. The area behind my entertainment center is already a mess of cables.
As Xenokai mentioned, they are different types of drives. The Seagate is a 2.5" laptop drive and the WD 5TB is a 3.5" desktop drive. $110 is a typical sale price on 5TB drives. I've seen 5TB Seagates, Samsungs, and WD's over the past year for that price. Either drive is a good deal and either will take you quite a while to fill up with games.

bread's done
Back