$5.00 Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands

Deluxe Edition FS includes Sands of Time, two costumes for Prince (And he's kinda ugly in FS so I wouldn't sneeze at them), and a "survival arena", of which you already have two, counting the uPlay one in FS standard.

Forgotten Sands I think has the Ubi DRM but otherwise it's a great game. All of them are pretty good.

Even though I own all of these...
How does Ubi's game downloads work?

Do they give you installer files that you can back-up on disc(s)?
Or do they do archiving back-ups like Steam or Impulse do?

[quote name='MysterD']Even though I own all of these...
How does Ubi's game downloads work?

Do they give you installer files that you can back-up on disc(s)?
Or do they do archiving back-ups like Steam or Impulse do?[/QUOTE]

Its a installer file that you can back-up on disc. No archiving. Not a fan of the DRM for Forgotten Sands, but the rest are DRM free.

Hench, are you sure the rest are DRM free? I think WW used to have DRM but doesn't now on Steam. I just wonder if Ubi cared enough to give us DRM-free WW at their store too. It wouldn't be unheard of.

I may be a minority opinion here, but I thought SoT was the worst of the old trilogy. The art, plot, music, etc were all beautiful, but the combat was just awful. Still, totally worth playing. All of them are, even if WW makes you choke down the half-heavy metal, half-cheesy B-movie vibe until you puke.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Hench, are you sure the rest are DRM free? I think WW used to have DRM but doesn't now on Steam. I just wonder if Ubi cared enough to give us DRM-free WW at their store too. It wouldn't be unheard of.

I may be a minority opinion here, but I thought SoT was the worst of the old trilogy. The art, plot, music, etc were all beautiful, but the combat was just awful. Still, totally worth playing. All of them are, even if WW makes you choke down the half-heavy metal, half-cheesy B-movie vibe until you puke.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember a DRM on WW when I played it last year. Now i'm curious. I'll reinstall this weekend to see. I would think if its DRM free for WW on Steam. I would think they would do the same for Ubi. I think any PC gamer would agree with you on the DRM issue, but for the price and the fact most of the PC games I play now require internet connection it hasn't become an issue. But I do feel the pain for those with crappy ISP. I'm pointing at you Comcast!.

The sands of time is the worse, but was the first that started them off. Because of SoT I got to play the 4th POP with Nolan North and great art style. It reminds me of popping in Halo 1 and thought "wow, i played this for hours".

Nice find OP! But yes the trilogy has gotten a HD remake for the PS3. I picked up Forgotten Sands during the ubisoft glitch over the summer :)

bread's done
Back