$5.01 for Drawn to life?

Blackwolf687

CAGiversary!
Im not sure if BestBuy would really do this. But I saw Drawn to Life for sale in the Target ad today for 17.99. Then Best buy was selling it for 29.99 with a free $10 gift card. So if you took the ad to BestBuy they should do a price match plus an additional 10% off the difference. So here check my math:

______
* .10 (10% of difference price match)
______
1.29 (An extra 1.29 off 17.99)

______
16.70 (Price Bestbuy will charge you after price match)
* .10 (10% off BestBuy coupon)
______

_____
15.01 (Price after best buy 10% coupon)

-10.00 (Free $10 gift card with purchase)
______
5.01 final price

[quote name='utopianmachine']Hm, but can you apply the giftcard instantly? I would doubt it.[/quote]

I think YMMV on that part....Ive had them do it before. The ad does say future purchase.

BB policy is the better of the two deals- you can't get Target's deal AND BB's deal- so I'd say very YMMV, dependent on the ignorance of your employee.

[quote name='robdees']BB policy is the better of the two deals- you can't get Target's deal AND BB's deal- so I'd say very YMMV, dependent on the ignorance of your employee.[/quote]

Also, I'm almost positive BB doesn't do a -10% adjustment on pricematches.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Also, I'm almost positive BB doesn't do a -10% adjustment on pricematches.[/quote]

Your correct its only on price adjustments when you go back to match the price not when you get it done when you purchase it.

Still good luck trying it, its worth a shot, the worse they can say is no

Any price changes instantly prevent promotions from working, so the only way you could pull this off is to buy it at normal price with the promotion and then go to CS and get a rep that doesn't pay attention about the PM.

I can confirm this does not work. I PMed Cooking Mama at BB and I asked about the $10 GC. No dice.

EDIT: I'd recommend PMing any of those "FAMILY" games at Sears if you have one nearby. They will PM plus 10%.

This has a chance of working (excluding coupons) depending on how things ring up. If the receipt lists that game as $29.99 and the GC as $10-$10=$0, then the CSR may overlook the package deal and you might be able to do a post-purchase pricematch. I've had to use this tactic several to get promo plushies w/ DVD purchase and a PM against CC's ad, where they wouldn't let me get the freebie and PM upfront in a single transaction.

However, if it's $29.99-$10=$19.99 for the game and $10 for the GC, then you would have less luck as it is more obvious you got a promo package, though you might still be able to knock of $2.20.

Regardless of how it rings up, promotional packages are visually grouped together on a receipt at the top for easy identification and to ensure everything gets returned as a group. That said, despite all the very real and valid reasons you should not be able to get your freebie and lowest price, I have had success in doing so in the past. You just need to jump through hoops by purchasing for full price and then taking care of price-matching after the fact at the Customer Service counter.

When I bought Cooking Mama it did not automatically ring up the gift card. I was hoping it would and then when I asked to PM CC they would forget about it so I'd get both.

I just picked up Drawn to Life at BB for $17 (pricematched) + tax + $10 GC. The GC was automatic...there was a pop-up that asked the cashier to scan a gift card to apply the $10.

They wouldn't accept the 10% off UPS Mover's coupon, though. It scanned but didn't have any effect on the price and they weren't allowed to do manual overrides for coupons...although the BB I used the coupon at last week did allow a manual override. So YMMV on the coupon, but the pricematch + GC shouldn't be.

EDIT: Aw crap, just looked at the receipt. He pricematched at $17.99 instead of $17.00. Idiot. Oh well.

Addendum:
Went back after work to pricematch Cooking Mama to CC. This time the GC was not automatic...not pop-up. But they gave me the GC anyway after looking at the receipt proving I had pricematched Drawn to Life earlier and received the $10GC. I used the $10GC from the DtL PM to pay for Cooking Mama and ended up paying only $0.84 out-of-pocket.

I then went to the customer service desk to see if they would correct the pricematch snafu from earlier (yeah, it was only $0.99, but hey, I was already there...). Through some sort of cashier magic, I was refunded $1.93. I finally determined when I got home that I got the $0.99 + tax back...plus the sales tax on the $10GC I "used". I'm not sure what she did...but I got back more than I expected, so I'm not complaining.

So, at the end of the day, I spent $18.43 and got Drawn to Life, Cooking Mama, and a $10GC.

[quote name='eugaet']I just picked up Drawn to Life at BB for $17 (pricematched) + tax + $10 GC. The GC was automatic...there was a pop-up that asked the cashier to scan a gift card to apply the $10.

They wouldn't accept the 10% off UPS Mover's coupon, though. It scanned but didn't have any effect on the price and they weren't allowed to do manual overrides for coupons...although the BB I used the coupon at last week did allow a manual override. So YMMV on the coupon, but the pricematch + GC shouldn't be.

EDIT: Aw crap, just looked at the receipt. He pricematched at $17.99 instead of $17.00. Idiot. Oh well.

Addendum:
Went back after work to pricematch Cooking Mama to CC. This time the GC was not automatic...not pop-up. But they gave me the GC anyway after looking at the receipt proving I had pricematched Drawn to Life earlier and received the $10GC. I used the $10GC from the DtL PM to pay for Cooking Mama and ended up paying only $0.84 out-of-pocket.

I then went to the customer service desk to see if they would correct the pricematch snafu from earlier (yeah, it was only $0.99, but hey, I was already there...). Through some sort of cashier magic, I was refunded $1.93. I finally determined when I got home that I got the $0.99 + tax back...plus the sales tax on the $10GC I "used". I'm not sure what she did...but I got back more than I expected, so I'm not complaining.

So, at the end of the day, I spent $18.43 and got Drawn to Life, Cooking Mama, and a $10GC.[/quote]

Nice!

bread's done
Back