5.1 Headphones & 5.1 Speakers into sound card?

Capn Stabby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Hello,
I bought tonight's woot - Razer HP1 5.1 Headphones and I'm wondering if there was a switch that would enable me to switch between my 5.1 computer speakers (three plugs) and the headphones (also three plugs).

I don't want to have to go down behind my computer and switch it everytime I don't want to cause too much of a ruckus, so I was hoping there was a better solution?

Would going to 2.1s help?

Thanks!

My speakers and headphones aren't 5.1, but I had a similar problem like you. My previous PC only had 2 audio out, front & rear channel, and I had to use some Y splitter audio cables so that I can get sound to both my speakers and my headphone. It worked, and it'll probably work for you too, but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Do you mean you plug a Y-splitter into each of the original audio outs, and then plug the headphones & speakers into them? Sound would come out of both at the same time then, right? I'm fine with that, as long as it works and there's no real big drop in quality.

My 5.1 headphones have an input AND a output, so I can connect my speakers to the headphone output. I don't know anything about the headphones that were on Woot but worth checking up on...

bread's done
Back