5.1 Home Theater for under $300

Bill Mcdougal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (100%)
Hey guys, this is my first post to try to find a deal. The Samsung 5.1 Home Theater System I bought on Black Friday 07 has bit the bullet, and I need to replace him.

My previous system only had 1 optical input, which was pretty annoying. I'd like to have at least two, since it looks like it will now be quite affordable to upgrade to blu-ray when I get around to it.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions on a good system I can get for under $300 with multiple optical inputs. Thanks!

PS: I should mention that I'm willing to pay up to $400 if there happens to be a good system with built in Blu-Ray for that kind of price.

Last edited by a moderator:
If bluray is your concern why not just get a reciever with HDMI?
And those all-in-one sytems are bad news.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='klwillis45']If bluray is your concern why not just get a reciever with HDMI?
And those all-in-one sytems are bad news.[/QUOTE]

I'm not very familiar with audio through HDMI. How new does a receiver have to be for me to know if it can receive audio via HDMI? If this is a route I can go, then I suppose I really don't need one with multiple optical inputs.

Thanks for your help, guys. Though it sounds like pass-through is a bad thing. I'm not sure how i can tell looking at a system, whether or not it will be able to process audio via the HDMI input. If this system can do so, I might pick it up.

bread's done
Back