5.1 Surround Headphones (for consoles+) $80 at CompUSA

Surround Headphones.....that just sounds odd. I wonder how they work...thanks for the deal though....

I will pass as I already have a 6.1 setup ;)

I think I would rather spend $40 on the Logitech Surround sound speakers.....

Although $80 for heaphones is very reasonable. I was a DJ, and the headphones I had cost over $100. They were bad ass, until they broke....damn product.

you need to decoded to connect the headphone to game console. it won't work with the optical out directly, I guess.

Tycho at Penny Arcade has been using these for the past week or so. If you go back in the archives you will see that he mentions them in a few places. He seems to like them, but he's not in love with them.

I picked up a pair of Gainward's Theater @Home 5.1 surround sound headphones for 28.50. The probably aren't as rich sounding as the Zalman's but I think they are Awesome. Each earcup has 4 speakers. 1 for Center Channel, Front Channel, Rear Channel and Subwoofer.

All I have to say is for 28.50 you will not be dissappointed.. Doom 3 absolutely kicks ass with these headphones!! DVD's are pretty good too.

GS

double, actually I do use headphones with my live headset. Just like CheapyD, I too live in NYC and don't have a lot of space between me and my wife. So when she goes to bed, I can play games but I have to use headphones or else I'll keep her awake.

So what I do is have Live chat come through the speakers (headphones), and then just have the XBL headset around my neck and adjust the mic up so that I can talk into it. Works like a charm.

Jeremy

Wow, impressive...didn't realize, but you are STILL talking....is she trying to sleep while doing this?

Nothing against it at all....I guess I just prefer the normal way ;) but GOOD DEAL NONETHELESS!

Just a heads-up - I picked up mine today and I have to say this thing is a GIMMICK. In order to play games using the surround sound headphones, you have to have the following setup:

Game Console -> DD 5.1 Amp -> MM Gear pre-amp -> MM Gear 5.1 headphones.

For PCs, if you have a 5.1 sound card you can go PC -> MM Gear pre-amp (not necessary) -> MM Gear 5.1 headphones.

Now, I bought the MM Gear amp because I don't have a 5.1 amp, so I figured I could just go through that. But you can't - you have to go through a 5.1 amp anyway. So my question is, what's the point?

I'm taking these friggin things back. A disappointment.

Jeremy

bread's done
Back