LegendK7ll3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
GoGamer.com

Universe at War: Earth Assault (PC)

$9.90 - Save 80%
Regular Price: $49.99

Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark Expansion Pack (PC)

$3.90 - Save 88%
Regular Price: $32.99

Neverwinter Nights 2: Gold (PC)

$29.90 - Save 40%

Sudden Strike 3: Arms for Victory (PC)

$19.90 - Save 60%

X3: Reunion (PC)

$4.90 - Save 84%
Regular Price: $29.90

Stranger (PC)

$14.90 - Save 50%
Regular Price: $29.99

ArmA: Queens Gambit (I) (PC)

$5.90 - Save 80%

Hour of Victory (PC)

$19.90 - Save 60%

History Channel: Battle For The Pacific (PC)

$9.90 - Save 75%
Regular Price: $39.99

Unreal Anthology (PC)

$9.90 - Save 67%

Elite Forces WWII Normandy (I) (PC)

$2.90 - Save 85%
Regular Price: $19.99

Brothers in Arms: Road To Hill 30 DVD Edition (PC)

$3.90 - Save 80%
Regular Price: $19.99

The best deal seems to be Universe at War for $9.90, not a fan of RTS games myself, but I bought one, figured I've got nothing to lose for that price - plus, it has achievements.

I'd be on Unreal if I knew it came in a DVD sized box instead, like the copy I see in stores, I don't like the original big box version.

[quote name='twen']I'd be on Unreal if I knew it came in a DVD sized box instead, like the copy I see in stores, I don't like the original big box version.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it last time this sale price was going on and it was the dvd sized box.

Does Universe at War require "activation"? If not, I'm on that. It looked awesome if it's the game I'm remembering (with the big huge walker tanks you could power up, etc.)

That's some nice deals...after reading up on reviews for it, I bit on Universe at War. Looks like a decent RTS. Just keep in mind that to play all the online options, you need to be a Live Gold subscriber.

BTW, did gogamer.com increase their shipping prices a bit? Before I thought it was $2.70 for the first two items, now it's $3 for one and $3.30 for two.

And yes Wolfpup, it's the game with the upgradable walker tanks. And I don't believe it requires activation, from what I can tell.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']They removed Starforce with the latest patches though, so it'd be safe if you patch before playing.[/QUOTE]

It still installs Starforce at installation regardless of whether the game is patched or even uninstalled, so you'd need to run the Starforce removal tool after you install it if you want to keep Starforce off your system.

[quote name='n64ra']Who is GoGamer.com? Are we sure all this stuff is new - not used?[/QUOTE]

Yes we're sure. GoGamer's been around for years and has always been a good store. The only "catch" is that some of their stuff is imported (if it has the (I) next to it), which in most is completely irrelevant and sometimes a good thing as often the U.S. version of a game is censored compared to the U.K. version.

[quote name='Edge']And yes Wolfpup, it's the game with the upgradable walker tanks. And I don't believe it requires activation, from what I can tell.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Well I may wait a bit to try to make sure, but it does look cool. Hope it has a decent story.

[quote name='n64ra']Who is GoGamer.com? Are we sure all this stuff is new - not used?[/QUOTE]

I order from them all the time, they have great deals on new games every week. The only difference as Wolfpup mentioned is sometimes they are import versions, but they are marked with an (I) if they are.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Does Universe at War require "activation"? If not, I'm on that. It looked awesome if it's the game I'm remembering (with the big huge walker tanks you could power up, etc.)[/quote]

Alright, now you are just taunting that Dirkbelig guy to go off on his love of 'activation' requirements and DRM. Aren't you?:lol:

I've been wanting to get neverwinter nights 2 but $30 is a bit steep for me to pay on a pc game.

You're crazy if you don't buy the Unreal anthology at that price. I picked it up at the last sale, and it was the standard oversized DVD case.

[quote name='rothgar24']Alright, now you are just taunting that Dirkbelig guy to go off on his love of 'activation' requirements and DRM. Aren't you?:lol:[/quote]

This guy LIKES activation?!? Well anyway, no, I just don't "buy" games with activation (since you don't really own them when you pay money for them).

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yes we're sure. GoGamer's been around for years and has always been a good store. The only "catch" is that some of their stuff is imported (if it has the (I) next to it), which in most is completely irrelevant and sometimes a good thing as often the U.S. version of a game is censored compared to the U.K. version.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up.

Universe at War no brainer at that price. And you can play against 360 players. Same guys that did Empire at War.

[quote name='turls']Universe at War no brainer at that price. And you can play against 360 players. Same guys that did Empire at War.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just read through IGN's review. They and PC Gamer gave it great scores, but...

...it's by the same guys who did Empire at War, which I ABHORRED. Absolute garbage I think, even though I guess most people loved it and it got great scores.

And also it not only has a weak story, it actually doesn't use the tech tree at all during the story mode! :hot: Though it also says it has a sort of "Risk" style mode you can play, which would kind of make up for that I guess.

The expansion pack to Empire at War really improves pretty much everything about the game. Made it a lot better I think.

Of course, it still isn't close to the awesomeness that Rebellion/Supremacy was.

[quote name='jalu6']You're crazy if you don't buy the Unreal anthology at that price. I picked it up at the last sale, and it was the standard oversized DVD case.[/quote]

I'm smacking my forehead over this one because I ordered Unreal Gold off Amazon just last week.

What sold me on Universe at War was an article I read in a gaming magazine, where two guys go head to head in a game. It was either PC Gamer or GFW Magazine. Actually my son is more into these Petroglyph games than I am, but I watch him play sometimes and they seem to be quality titles.

Also remember you may be able to find it cheaper than this at Target on clearance, but its doubtful.

[quote name='turls']What sold me on Universe at War was an article I read in a gaming magazine, where two guys go head to head in a game. It was either PC Gamer or GFW Magazine. Actually my son is more into these Petroglyph games than I am, but I watch him play sometimes and they seem to be quality titles.

Also remember you may be able to find it cheaper than this at Target on clearance, but its doubtful.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was in the sadly defunct GFW magazine. Target has been an awesome place for RTS games lately, as I got Universe at War, Supreme Commander and the Company of Heroes expansion for under $13 each in the last few weeks. It seems that they clearance out the regular games when the "gold" editions come out.

I've had the most fun with Universe at War so far, but to be honest I haven't played much of the others. If I try and play more than one RTS at a time, my head sort of turns to mush.

[quote name='rothgar24']Alright, now you are just taunting that Dirkbelig guy to go off on his love of 'activation' requirements and DRM. Aren't you?:lol:

I've been wanting to get neverwinter nights 2 but $30 is a bit steep for me to pay on a pc game.[/QUOTE]

That's the gold pack though, which has the MotB expansion, as well as (I'm fairly sure) a code to download the first DLC module when they release it. Not too terrible a price, though everything gets cheaper if you wait.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, I just read through IGN's review. They and PC Gamer gave it great scores, but...

...it's by the same guys who did Empire at War, which I ABHORRED. Absolute garbage I think, even though I guess most people loved it and it got great scores.

And also it not only has a weak story, it actually doesn't use the tech tree at all during the story mode! :hot: Though it also says it has a sort of "Risk" style mode you can play, which would kind of make up for that I guess.[/QUOTE]

Offhand, research was recently patched into the campaign.

[quote name='guyver2077']LOL is correct.....lmao[/quote]

Looks like we got some gogamer founders here or something. Nah, just dicks.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, I just read through IGN's review. They and PC Gamer gave it great scores, but...

And also it not only has a weak story, it actually doesn't use the tech tree at all during the story mode! :hot: Though it also says it has a sort of "Risk" style mode you can play, which would kind of make up for that I guess.[/quote]

I loved Empire at War's space battles, but I hated the ground battles, so I'm not sure if I'm going to buy Universe at War.
It's a great price though, I just might have to give in and hope they made the ground combat better.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']They removed Starforce with the latest patches though, so it'd be safe if you patch before playing.[/QUOTE]

If you buy that edition, yes.

Version 2.0 basically removes the SF disc-check.

There's also a re-released version at retail outlets X3: Reunion Version 2.0 (DVD Edition) which Enlight published that just comes w/out StarForce period.

I enjoyed Universe at War - the races were very distinct from each other.

However, having to pay for multiplayer? Bad bad idea.

MS Live is just going to fail on PC. (IMHO of course)

[quote name='caligamer74']Looks like we got some gogamer founders here or something. Nah, just dicks.[/QUOTE]

No, it is right and correct to make fun of NEWBS who don't have a clue about the #1 place to buy PC games via the net- 48 hour madness constantly is awesome and since it's online you don't have to go to the damned store. Those of us who are in our 30's now and older have less time to go to the damned store due to a lack of time (Job/Kids/Housework).

You are a NEWB, Gogamer is the best-

LOL

[quote name='friedram']Those of us who are in our 30's now and older have less time to go to the damned store due to a lack of time (Job/Kids/Housework).
[/quote]

You forgot gas prices, and the most common, laziness.

[quote name='twen']I'd be on Unreal if I knew it came in a DVD sized box instead, like the copy I see in stores, I don't like the original big box version.[/QUOTE]

The DVD sized box is inside of the larger box. You can just toss the big box if you don't want it.

I haven't ordered someone from GoGamer in a long time. Do they still give you free paperclip holders and other nifty crap with your orders?

bread's done
Back