5.6 Magnitude Eathquake Near Oklahoma City

Curious what the locals think about the notion that fracking near the rift is causing the tremors.

I've read stories where people say it could be felt as far away as WI, but I never noticed anything...

That video is hilarious.

I felt all three. The second one was definitely unnerving. It prompted me to read up on earthquake safety and all that good stuff. When the third one hit, I had my shoes on, cellphone and wallet in hand and was ready to move within a few seconds.

As for the fracking, I'm a transplant from Missouri with no plans on staying in Oklahoma long term. I have heard locals mention it on occasion and I know there's some controversy surrounding it - but I'm not really in touch with that scene.

I'm sure nothing short of a complete catastrophe will change the current practices considering all the money involved.

I felt it in KC. I was on my bed which just started vibrating. My wife was standing in the room, so I asked her if the whole house was shaking. She said it was probably the wind; which led me to ask if a tornado was coming down the street. It wasn't until well later on that I heard there was an earthquake in Oklahoma.

bread's done
Back