$5 Activision coupons in Sunday paper; Call Of Duty, Guitar Hero, etc. (YMMV?)

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Found a sheet of $5 coupons for select Activision games in my paper today with the Sunday ads. Good until 4/30. Should work with all systems. I'll see if I can get a scan up later.

$5 off Guitar Hero 5, Van Halen, Metallica, or Band Hero
$5 off Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, World At War, or Modern Warfare 2
$5 off Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen, Bakugan, or Bakugan Battle Trainer
$5 off iCarly, Zhu Zhu Pets, Build A Bear Workshop: Welcome To Hugsville or Friendship Valley

Of course, it comes after I bought Modern Warfare yesterday. Them's the breaks I suppose.

EDIT: Not sure if it's regional or not. For reference, I'm from the Washington DC area.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Josh5890']Add this to Gamestop's sale and I get World at War for $15!!![/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

[quote name='smarkbran']Dude we need these scans! COD: WAW for 15 bucks is a steal.[/QUOTE]No, we don't. Go check your local newspaper.

Sometimes, coupons are regional and they don't appear in every market.

Go check SlickDeals.com, since they normally have coupon scans and don't care about getting them posted.

Go OP, Go OP, GO! Go OP, Go OP, GO! Thank you for the heads up. If i can get it for $15, I'll show my appreciation by whooping everyone's butt in COD WaW....:^o

I got them with my inserts today too. I immediately ran out to a few stores looking for 10-15 dollar games to combine them with. I didn't find any that cheap. They're good until the end of next month so that will give us plenty of time to get something really cheap.

[quote name='kidrocklive']You got the Sunday paper already?[/QUOTE]

I get the paper delivered. They give me the Sunday inserts on Saturday since I get delivery.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Does GS accept manufacturer's coupons?[/QUOTE]

i really hope they do, but i wouldnt be suprised if they come up with the "cannnot be combined with other promotions" excuse, im gonna try it tho

[quote name='typical guy']I get the paper delivered. They give me the Sunday inserts on Saturday since I get delivery.[/QUOTE]

I have a family member who delivers the paper. As part of their weekend duties, they need to bundle the ads on Saturday afternoon. In the mornings (3 a.m.) they just bundle that with the main news headlines and go on their route.

I wonder how regional these are.

yea it's already on sale YMMV on the coupon working, speaking of which I don't know if why there are so many low levels 20 and under on WAW, maybe because of the gamestop sale? Or people who have all the time in their life making new accounts pretending to be noobs

Wow, just today I've said that I have a hankerin' for some COD and Gamestop has those (WaW and modern warfare 1) on sale. I hope these will work at gamestop.

I think they will try to deny you with whatever bs reason they can and they might have a legit reason if you try it with the printed coupon instead of the original.

[quote name='polo14player']damn no prototype!!! (thats activision right?) any place have ultimate alliance 2 or transformers for 19.99???[/QUOTE]

I could swear I saw UA2 somewhere.

Heres the fix to GS if they wont accept coupons....

Just go to BB and get them to pricematch to GS price for COD ...... then present your Activision coupon to the register .....no reason why that shouldnt work.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Best Buy won't take both which is double-dipping.[/QUOTE]

These are manufacturer coupons so they might be acceptable. BB won't take their *own* coupons + PM. Might have to argue for it, though, as is the case with many BB policies that the cashiers treat like they take money out of their pockets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly doubt GS will take these and figure the best bet is to pm at BB. However, there were none in the Atlanta early edition paper.

[quote name='J7.']Were these on a single/double sided single sheet in the newspaper or part of another pamphlet?[/QUOTE]

Just a single sheet. The other side just had pictures of the games and text saying how much you could save with the coupons.

$20 BTW.

[quote name='J7.']Were these on a single/double sided single sheet in the newspaper or part of another pamphlet?[/QUOTE]

It's in the bag with the other Sunday inserts. It's a single glossy sheet. All the coupons are on it together. It will be mixed in (somewhat randomly) with the other Sunday inserts.

I wonder what the odds are of finding any of those games listed for 5 or 10 dollars?

Good to know, ty. It's strange that Activision is advertising this way, but it would be pretty cool to see more manufacturers coupons in the paper.

These should work on Target clearance for anyone still seeing GH Metallica/Greatest Hits around. I used the Guitar Hero 5 insert one a few months ago and it worked.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Best Buy won't take both which is double-dipping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they will take a pricematch and a mfg coupon ...done it a time or two before..... and they get money directly back from the MFG on those coupons..... as opposed to thier coupon where its just lost money to bring people in

and on a side note

During the COD:MW2 launch .... I got them to PM TRU ad where TRU offered $20 GC .... which BB takes directly off the price instead ....then I had thier $10 RZ MW2 coupon and manager was like "wont hurt to try it" ....and thier system allowed it ..... so on launch I got COD:MW2 for $29.99

bread's done
Back