$5 Amazon App Store Credit with Download and Free Games

amusedtoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
I see this was mentioned in the Android deals thread but I have a feeling that most people rarely check that thread and would probably miss this.

From 12/24 to 12/28 if you download any app from the Amazon App Store on your phone/tablet they're going to give you a free $5 credit for the App Store. That includes the free App of the Day. You do have to be running the latest version and it doesn't count purchases from a Kindle Fire.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=appstore_5promo_roto?ie=UTF8&node=8197990011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-right-2&pf_rd_r=1Q0JYZ5JRYYQ8662M0X0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1705631902&pf_rd_i=2350149011

Additionally:

In addition to this limited time offer, all Amazon Appstore customers will find a paid app for free every day, including Angry Birds Star Wars II and Where's My Perry?, as well as exclusive Free App of the Day bundles on December 25th and December 26th. Other top titles will be discounted by 50-90%

-- December 25 - Free App of the Day Welcome Pack, which includes My Alarm Clock, Handrite Notes Notepad Pro, Stellarium Mobile Sky Map, Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga, SPC Music Sketchpad 2, PrinterShare Mobile Print, and Moon Phase Pro

-- December 26th Office Suite Pro 7 - only $0.99 (originally $14.99)

-- December 26 - Free App of the Day Favorites, which includes Daily Ab Workout, The Lost City, Voxel Invaders, Chimpact, Osmos HD, Fraction Calculator Plus, Ultimate Hangman HD, From Cheese, and Business Calendar

-- Free App of the Day deals:
December 23 - Draw a Stickman: EPIC
December 24 - Piano Master Christmas Special
December 25 - Angry Birds Star Wars II
December 26 - Where's my Perry?
December 27 - Quell Memento
December 28 - Doodle Farm

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish this would work on my wife's kindle fire.... :/
According to the Slick Deals wiki on this deal,

Kindle Owners install http://www.bluestacks.com/ from PC or Mac download amazon appstore sign in and buy any free app

Looks like that is a PC based program to run android stuff and probably gives you the ability to buy a free app through it and earn the credit. (Not personally familiar with the app)

Downloaded a random app then picked up the $5 credit instantly...  Used the $5 to get Plex for Android for $4.99 (already had it for iOS but didnt want to get it again but thanks to this i got it now... thx op...

Guys, the fine print says that you have to buy the apps through the latest version, 7.5, of the appstore on your Android tablet to get the $5 credit. So make sure you have the updated version and don't buy the apps from amazon.com even though you can still buy through there.

FYI as soon as you go to download the free app of the day, or whatever you choose, it pops a message up saying you'll get the $5 when the "purchase" is complete.  No ambiguity or waiting is nice.

Got this last night. Still have no idea what I want. The Amazon App Store is too limited. I would only want PowerAmp which isn't on there. Might just get SwiftKey.

Yeah, OfficeSuite Pro should be $1 on Dec 26th, but beyond that, I'm stretching to find thing I want.  Might pick up Sonic All-Stars Racing on sale for $1 and maybe just wait to spend the rest.

idk what to get myself lol

edit: I got max payne, modern combat 4 (is $1 right now), and scribblenauts

Hmm did they change the free app of the day? A couple weeks ago I was able to get free apps without installing the amazon app, but not anymore

Everyone remember that Angry Birds Star Wars 2 as well as the "Welcome Pack" are free today only.  There's also Sonic 2, Photo Studio Pro and a Sesame Street picture book.  The Photo Studio and Sesame Street book appear to be Kindle only though.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nav_sap_mas_13_12_25?_encoding=UTF8&hidden-keywords=B00F8GYC1Y%7CB008RA3X5E%7CB004XNGKBS%7CB00H1MDH3W%7CB008IJT0CE%7CB004US3PVO%7CB00BD6EJRK%7CB00HAPRVWS%7CB0055S348W%7CB004EFYZ1C%7CB00B7S5FDG&rh=i%3Amobile-apps%2Cn%3A2350149011

Just found the E-mail on my Yahoo account. Now I have to figure out what I want to play on my Android... any suggestions? Note that my phone is old (an original Droid X) and it won't be able to handle anything too intense.

I have the latest version, i downloaded the free app of the day which was angry birds 2... and nothing. just the game, no credit, no email.

I opened the appstore just now.. it asks for an update, ugh i got nothing i wanna download

Edit: nevermind, I never downloaded angry birds Go! so i guess thats the winner! $5 message popped up instantly

bread's done
Back