5 for 5 Indie Bundle. 5 Games for $5, Buy Games not Socks!

Steel Storm is great. Its an Indie top down shooter. Its got a multiplayer, co-op, and a scenario editor to go along with its single player.

[quote name='warreni']I'll beat everyone else who will ask this: are any of the games registerable on Steam?[/QUOTE]

From the FAQ:

Will this bundle be available on Steam? One of the games, Delve Deeper, can be redeemed on Steam. The remaining games will unfortunately not be available on Steam. However, we will be hopefully getting Desura keys shortly.

I purchased this bundle this morning and can confirm the following based on my receipt email:

Registers on Steam: Delve Deepers
Registers on Desura: Digitanks, Mactabilis, Spring Up Harmony, Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

Further, Steel Storm comes with installers for the PC, Mac, and Linux versions included.

Hope that helps!

My backlog is too extensive and all these bundles ain't helpin'. I'm gonna pass on this one but certainly not going to hesitate to let others know of it.

Good deal OP.

Thanks OP. Only game of those I'm at all familiar with is Delve Deeper, but Steel Storm and Mactabills look like they could be good.

Contacted them about OnLive support and they said it was not possible for this bundle, but they would investigate the option for upcoming bundles.

Are any of these good? I'm not quite hipster enough to buy indie games just because they label themselves indie.

Well, I was but I learned my lesson.

Multiple times.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Are any of these good? I'm not quite hipster enough to buy indie games just because they label themselves indie.

Well, I was but I learned my lesson.

Multiple times.[/QUOTE]

You gotta admit there are gems to be found in the "indie" scene... You just have to sift thru a lot of junk games.

I don't think I am going to purchase this bundle because the lack of steam keys. I already own Delve Deeper, and the only other game that appeals to me would be the side scrolling shmup.

[quote name='sp8001']You gotta admit there are gems to be found in the "indie" scene... You just have to sift thru a lot of junk games.[/QUOTE]
There are gems, yes, but the barely polished turds outweigh them considerably and the whole starving artist rockstar wannabe thing going on makes the entire culture hard to swallow. VVVVVV remains one of my all time favorites.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I purchased this bundle this morning and can confirm the following based on my receipt email:

Registers on Steam: Delve Deepers
Registers on Desura: Digitanks, Mactabilis, Spring Up Harmony, Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

Further, Steel Storm comes with installers for the PC, Mac, and Linux versions included.

Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

I see no mention of Desura in either the order confirmation e-mail or the subsequent one with the download links (the latter mentions that Delve Deeper registers on Steam and lists a key for Mactabilis, but doesn't mention Desura). I tried registering the Mactabilis key on Desura with no luck.

[quote name='Karyyk']I see no mention of Desura in either the order confirmation e-mail or the subsequent one with the download links (the latter mentions that Delve Deeper registers on Steam and lists a key for Mactabilis, but doesn't mention Desura). I tried registering the Mactabilis key on Desura with no luck.[/QUOTE]

That's weird. Here's a copy of my order, minus download links, of course. This is dated 6/22/2011:

Subject: Your 5 Games Bundle File Download‏

5 Games Bundle

Thanks for buying our bundle and supporting your favorite indie developers. You can download your new games here:

Delve Deeper:

Digitanks:

Mactabilis:

Spring Up Harmony:

Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

(Note: The download for Steel Storm contains binaries for Windows, Linux, and Mac. Unzip it anywhere, and run the executable for your system, no special installation required.)

This is your Mactabilis serial code:

This code can be used to register Delve Deeper on Steam. Open the "Games" menu and choose "Activate product"

This code can be used to register Digitanks, Mactabilis, Spring Up Harmony, and Steel Storm on Desura. Visit https://secure.desura.com/cart/gifts/activate to redeem your key.

If you like our bundle, please help us by sharing it on Twitter and Facebook.

Thanks, enjoy!​

bread's done
Back