$5 Nyko Zero Wireless controller (Amazon) - anybody else have problems?

chrisnsally

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
Got my three today - was quite psyched to try them out. Alas, not one of them will connect or stay connected for more than 10 seconds. Read the Nyko troubleshooting section online, and it basically said to contact them (possibly for a replacement USB fob).

Anybody else have any luck?

And please save the "you get what you pay for" comments, Mr. Wisenhymer!

: P

oh, yeah - it's charged. I've updated to the latest PS3 firmware...can't think of anything else at the moment...I just can't believe I got THREE bum controllers! I have the 60GB PS3...wonder if that has anything to do with it....

My guess is it's either interference, or a bad batch. I picked one up for $9 and it is my go-to controller. What other wireless devices do you have in your house? Any older cordless phones?

[quote name='chrisnsally']I have a 2.4ghz wireless mouse in the next room...you think that could be the culprit?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it since I have like 4 2.4Ghz phones, including one in this room, and a wireless dual-band router next to the PS3. I'm not sure what you can do sorry. Mines works perfectly with both a 40GB PS3 and a first gen 20GB PS3.

[quote name='chrisnsally']
And please save the "you get what you pay for" comments, Mr. Wisenhymer!

: P[/quote]

You take all the fun out of it!! :bomb:

[quote name='fuss']You take all the fun out of it!! :bomb:[/quote]

I know....here, I'll give you a freebie:

"I GET WHAT I PAY FOR, CHOWDERHEAD!!!"

There, now I feel equally stupid and vindicated.

Any other suggestions on a fix? Has anyone had to request a replacement USB dongle/fob?

I got one on that recent $5 deal, but I haven't even tried it out yet. The one I bought a few months ago tho has worked just fine.

What color(s) did you receive? The one I got recently has white handles, so if yours are white too, maybe I should check mine to see if it is a bad batch.

silver/black/red one works fine, sorry I know I really didn't add to the discussion or your problem.

With previous third party controllers I've owned. The dongle only works with the controller it came with. Even if they are the same brand/style/model etc. I had to label mine cause they would get mixed up alot.

I had the same problem out of the box, I thought $20 was a good deal. My PS3 is sitting up high on a dresser so I pulled it out to the front of the ledge so the dongle was exposed to the floor instead of the top of the dresser and it connected. Only thing i can figure is that the top ledge of the PS3 and whatever the PS3 is sitting on can restrict the signal at the dongle (usb receiver).

I have a Harmony One remote and am going to see if i can program it to learn commands from the controller , so i can turn the PS3 off with the remote control after watching movies.

I had the same problem out of the box, $5?!! I thought $20 was a good deal. My PS3 is sitting up high on a dresser so I pulled it out to the front of the ledge so the dongle was exposed to the floor instead of the top of the dresser and it connected. Only thing i can figure is that the top ledge of the PS3 and whatever the PS3 is sitting on can restrict the signal at the dongle (usb receiver).

I have a Harmony One remote and am going to see if i can program it to learn commands from the controller , so i can turn the PS3 off with the remote control after watching movies.

I got one for 5 bucks from amazon, they sent the white one. within a day the right trigger broke somehow and wouldn't function. amazon wouldn't take the return so i spent 12 bucks to send it to nyko to get a replacement. sent a black one within a week or so, and within a day the left analog stick broke and i threw it out. it's possible i just got two bad ones, but it wasn't worth me spending another 12 bucks on. it's too bad because when it worked it was a very nice controller.

bread's done
Back