$5 off $10+ order Amazon Kindle w/ special offers

MirageStrike

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I wasn't sure if this belonged in either this forum or the 'other deals' section but it applies to games I guess.

For anyone who owns an Amazon Kindle with special offers, turn on your wifi and there will be a way to redeem a code for $5 off an order of $10 or more.

•Visit Amazon.com and add $10 or more of any physical product, except Gift Cards, sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your Shopping Cart.

•Your $5 discount will be reflected in the "Order Summary" on the final order checkout page.

•Complete your order before this promotion expires at 11:59 pm (Pacific Time) Thursday, November 3, 2011.

For those who don't own one, I highly recommend you do; it pays for itself in the long run. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I just bought one because of these offers. Will the newer models have this same "with offer" type deal like the touch model?

[quote name='doodofdoods']Yeah I just bought one because of these offers. Will the newer models have this same "with offer" type deal like the touch model?[/QUOTE]

Touch will have special offer

[quote name='doodofdoods']Yeah I just bought one because of these offers. Will the newer models have this same "with offer" type deal like the touch model?[/QUOTE]

Yea, for the Kindle Touch there's a version with special offers and $40 less than the version without.

I've been debating a kindle for ages and glad I waited. Once I get the money I may just buy the $79 basic kindle with offers. Really I probably won't mind the ads enough and may just find a use for them anyways. These '$X off $XX amazon.com order' deals work on video games then I bet huh?

[quote name='mac101010']For long time Kindle owners, how often do these $5 off-type offers come?[/QUOTE]
not often, usually they are item or category specific like 5 dollars off sun tan lotion. but occasionally there are good ones

[quote name='CCCHeel']Do yourself a favor and pay the extra $20 to get the Kindle Touch with special offers.[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate why? I'm buying one for the wife for christmas, and am torn between the basic kindle and the touch and can find no real reason why to buy the touch if she's just reading books on the thing.

[quote name='daminion']Can you elaborate why? I'm buying one for the wife for christmas, and am torn between the basic kindle and the touch and can find no real reason why to buy the touch if she's just reading books on the thing.[/QUOTE]

Twice the battery life, for one thing.

Using touch to flip pages. Making the e ink experience that much more like a book!

That's all I can think of.

The Touch is also bigger and heavier. I just got the non-touch version today and it's so small and light. Amazing!

I couldn't think of any reason why touch would make a difference on an e-reader and I'd rather have a smaller/lighter unit since the battery and storage capacity is already good enough on the non-touch model.

Also, if you want to use the text to speech capability or use it to listen to audiobooks, the $79 Kindle does not support. It has no speakers and no headphone jack. Of course this probably doesn't matter to most, but it's worth noting anyway.

[quote name='CheapyD']The Touch is also bigger and heavier. I just got the non-touch version today and it's so small and light. Amazing!

I couldn't think of any reason why touch would make a difference on an e-reader and I'd rather have a smaller/lighter unit since the battery and storage capacity is already good enough on the non-touch model.[/QUOTE]

One really nice feature of touch (or at least I presume it will be there) is the ability to just press and hold on a word and have the definition pop up. I'm sure you can do this with button controls, but it wouldn't be as convenient. This features is the iPhone/iPad Kindle app, so I'm guessing it will be there in the touch version.

[quote name='crunchewy']One really nice feature of touch (or at least I presume it will be there) is the ability to just press and hold on a word and have the definition pop up. I'm sure you can do this with button controls, but it wouldn't be as convenient. This features is the iPhone/iPad Kindle app, so I'm guessing it will be there in the touch version.[/QUOTE]
It's a give-and-take. Using the cursor to select a word is indeed slower, but (1) you never accidentally pick the wrong word, even if you have fat fingers like I do, and (2) no fingerprints on the screen.

X-ray. My wife works in book production so as a family we're currently opposed to the whole ebook thing, but when I told her about X-ray she said "wow".
Maybe not worth $20, but a great concept that's left out of the basic nontouch Kindle.

bread's done
Back