$5 off $15 + Daily and Weekly Deals at Direct2Drive

RebelCapitalist

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]13894[/IMG-R]Direct2Drive has several strong promotions going on right now. The coupon code appears to work alongside the other sales.

d2d.gif
Save $5 on a $15+ order with coupon code PAX
d2d.gif
D2D Turns 6 - Weekly $6 Game Deals: New titles every Wednesday
d2d.gif
End of Summer Sale - 2 games on sale daily for 30 days

Week 1 Deals (all items are $6):
1. SW: Knights of the old Republic
2. Jedi Knight Bundle $6
3. Achtung Panzer
4. Titan Quest Bundle
5. Defense Grid: The Awakening
6. Tropico 3
7. Tropico Reloaded
8. Football Manager 2010
9. Penumbra Collection

Think I'm going to try out Tropico 3. $6 seems like a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it highly unlikly that there is no bias in the user reviews of C&C 4, I'm pretty tempted to buy it, but it has that damn always online drm that I can't stomach so I doubt I will.

I hate metacritic sites, but I was willing to look at it and it seems that the reviews were a pretty mixed lot, a few postive, many neutral and a few loathing. If I hadn't played every game that got a mixed review I would have missed out on a lot of fun. I like the content of a review to see if its stuff that would bug me.

I think I will have to pass on this one , at least tell its like 5.00 on steam, after reading the reviews on D2D ( i dont know how reliable they are) but they all gave it a zero which is somewhat of a red flag to me,

The consensus of the C&C4 reviews I saw was that if you've got a pal to play co-op with, it's fun, but if you play solo it's pretty bad.

I have to admit, I, too, don't see much reason to grab this particular sim. There are far better choices, even classic ones, that have far more value.

I'd dislike Steam for offering so many lackluster Midweek and Weekend Deals these last few months, but it's saving me money.

Money that will go towards the upcoming Holiday Sale.

As great as I hear Split/Second is, I just can't see it being much fun on the PC (unless I had a controller or racing wheel, of course, which I don't).

Stalker worth the $10? I've never played it.

Also anyone know if it will have an activation code on steam like some of D2D's games do?

Stalker is not on the list of games that activate on Steam.

And it's a pretty good game, if you don't mind your shooters being realistically shoddy (think Metro 2033).

[quote name='JokerWild']Guess their not going to run new 6 doller games this final day[/QUOTE]
sad... :( no encore or anything

Amazing how they blew the Anniversary sale this year compared to last year's. I bought a bunch of stuff last year; was never even tempted this year. Fail sale.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Amazing how they blew the Anniversary sale this year compared to last year's. I bought a bunch of stuff last year; was never even tempted this year. Fail sale.[/QUOTE] i actually liked this sale better, i got a crapload of games for around $20 thanks to PAX2010. My fav game i got was Dark Messiah for $4.95, which is activatable on steam, it's just so friggin fun.

[quote name='henrylin22']i actually liked this sale better, i got a crapload of games for around $20 thanks to PAX2010. My fav game i got was Dark Messiah for $4.95, which is activatable on steam, it's just so friggin fun.[/QUOTE]

you can't really include that as the pax2010 thing was a mistake and not really part of the sale. DMMM was normally $10. You just used an unrelated coupon to get it to $5

Question: if you buy EQ2 now, do you have to activate (and start your 30 days) right away or does it give you a key that you can activate whenever you want?

I can't really play now so I'd rather activate when it looks like I've got more time.

[quote name='pROvIs']you can't really include that as the pax2010 thing was a mistake and not really part of the sale. DMMM was normally $10. You just used an unrelated coupon to get it to $5[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they factored in their coupons when they put the items on sale. Now I'm not saying they factored in the 5 off 5 one, but hell a bottom line is a bottom line and I have enjoyed this sale.

Can I activate Prey over steam? Also does anyone know that Prey for $7.50 is a decent price? I found the game "New" CD version on Amazon for $6 and this was including shipping.

[quote name='aosora13']Can I activate Prey over steam? Also does anyone know that Prey for $7.50 is a decent price? I found the game "New" CD version on Amazon for $6 and this was including shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can. I did it with my retail copy, which I got from GoGamer for 1.90 + 2.99 shipping (so around $6). I think D2D's price is weak.

[quote name='aosora13']Can I activate Prey over steam? Also does anyone know that Prey for $7.50 is a decent price? I found the game "New" CD version on Amazon for $6 and this was including shipping.[/QUOTE]
Usually D2D notes when it has to be activated over steam but they don't say anything about prey. I know that you can activate retail copies of it on steam though.

As far as a good price, I have seen it for less even 2-3 dollars for retail copies but shipping usually brings it up to about that same price. Although if you are willing to pay a bit more and get a second steam activate-able game you can order this:

http://www.gogamer.com/Velvet-Assas...productId111591635VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm

It is $6.90 (+$3 for shipping) and includes a copy of velvet assassin which i don't think is a great game but its an option.

I actually liked this sale, though I wasn't too excited about the past several days. I got games that i like, and didn't spend TOO much money :)

[quote name='deouble9s']Question: if you buy EQ2 now, do you have to activate (and start your 30 days) right away or does it give you a key that you can activate whenever you want?

I can't really play now so I'd rather activate when it looks like I've got more time.[/QUOTE]
You should be able to activate whenever you like, since that portion is done when you create your account with Sony for the game.

EQ2 is tempting... Anyone play this MMO at all? Is it any good? Worthy of a monthly subscription? I feel like $5 for a trial month is a pretty good deal but I'm still apprehensive.

[quote name='Darknuke']EQ2 is tempting... Anyone play this MMO at all? Is it any good? Worthy of a monthly subscription? I feel like $5 for a trial month is a pretty good deal but I'm still apprehensive.[/QUOTE]

They have 1 server that 1 Free to Play. Download it and try it out tonight, and see if you like it well enough to do the whole schebang. You've got til 1pm EST tomorrow to decide ;)

*edit* I will say, I did like EQ2 when I played it on the pay-to-play side, and there are times I miss my Kerra Monk. Crafting is more interactive than in other games, and the collections are fun to try to get.

*edit* damn, now I'm thinking hey, $5 and I could get the newest expansion and play my Monk for another month! ... stupid D2D sale ...

It says something about the free month only being available for new accounts, so you couldn't play your monk.

I've played several trials and really enjoy the game. There's a staggering amount of content in this game. Lots of collectibles and thing to get addicted to IF you're an MMO kind of gamer. I understand it's not for everyone.

I've played Eq2 for 5 years now so hopefully that says something about the amount of content. IMO it is pretty high quality content too, well worth $5 to give it a shot.

But I've been playing it so long it's hard to tell how the game fares for players new to the game and now, but they have recently done a lot to make it easier for new players. Most of it was done for the launch of the Free to Play servers.

Another confirmation that Prey can be activated through Steam; I also did it with my retail copy just this month. The funny thing is that Prey no longer has its own page on the Steam store.

Wasn't Prey offered for $2.50 on one of the Steam Holiday Sales? If I recall correctly, it sold so well that Valve ran out of keys. I believe they replaced Prey with Bioshock for $4.99.

For me, $7.50's quite the gouge.

bread's done
Back