$5 off $20 or less GC, XB, PS2 games at Toys-R-Us

Erillian

CAGiversary!
I know this is imbedded in the Black Friday post but feel like it needs its own thread.

I found some great deals at Toys-R-Us using this special however they DID NOT let me combine it with the 50% off green tag special they are running right now.

However there were many games clearanced price at my Toys-R-Us and the five dollars came off of the clearance price. I picked up SSX Tricky for the Gamecube for 5 dollars because it was clearanced at 10.

Some otheres I saw clearanced were:

(prices listed are after the 5 dollar discount)

Mafia (XB) $7
NBA Street (Gamecube) $7
Turok Evolution (PS2) $.48? (Maybe a YMMV, originally priced at 5.48 )
Beyond Good and Evil $7
Devil May Cry $7 (or somewhere around there)

There were more clearances but I can not remember them all. Anyway thought there were some good deals to have on some quality games. Good luck.

[quote name='Erillian'][quote name='Scorch']
Mafia (XB) $7

Wow. Someone needs to grab that one.[/quote]

Scorch are you being sarcastic or is that a good game? It looked interesting.[/quote]

It's a good game. I played it on XBox before. It's like GTA but the classic cars go only about 40mph top speed. :p It's a pretty decent game though.

[quote name='valleyvampiress'][quote name='Erillian'][quote name='Scorch']
Mafia (XB) $7

Scorch are you being sarcastic or is that a good game? It looked interesting.[/quote]

It's a good game. I played it on XBox before. It's like GTA but the classic cars go only about 40mph top speed. :p It's a pretty decent game though.[/quote]

I concer its definatley worth $7.

[quote name='Erillian']
NBA Street (Gamecube) $7
[/quote]

Months and months before, I still got a better deal on that game. Nothing topped CC! Too bad other stores aren't mimicking that sale.

[quote name='suko_32']So no green tag and 5 off?[/quote]

It did not work for me but the ad says nothing about not combining the $5 off with any other offers so maybe with a little pushing it will go through.

Does Toys R Us retroacticaly price match and if so anyone know how long? I got some games on the B2G1 free that where 19.99. Also some a while before that.

I got it to work with the green tag sale, but it has be done manually. I got Mad Maestro, Savage Skies, Driven and Mojo for $0.01 each this morning at TRU

I bitched at them when they wouldnt pay me for games. A few were 9.99-50%-5.00. THey said they couldnt be combined, i complained, had them call the manager, still couldnt do it. Im going to email TRU, let them have a piece of my mind. Probably wont do any good, but ill try.

Just show them the ad, that says all $19.99 and under games are $5 off, they should have a stack of ads at the door when you walk in.

When i went this morning they had signs that said it doesn't apply to green tag items. I will still try this anyway though.

One game i know that's $14.99 at BB is Front Mission 4 & i got it for $9.99 when i pricematched it while i was buying Mario 64ds.

This has the potential to be HUGE for people near a BB since there shelves were FULLY STOCK with tons of games i didn't see in the past few weeks.

[quote name='Drahken']Does Toys R Us retroacticaly price match and if so anyone know how long? I got some games on the B2G1 free that where 19.99. Also some a while before that.[/quote]

If you bought games on B2G1, then you can't use it on them. Being part of the B2G1 is being on a sale, and you can't combine them. Good luck on getting them both to work.

[quote name='captaincold']When i went this morning they had signs that said it doesn't apply to green tag items. I will still try this anyway though.

One game i know that's $14.99 at BB is Front Mission 4 & i got it for $9.99 when i pricematched it while i was buying Mario 64ds.

This has the potential to be HUGE for people near a BB since there shelves were FULLY STOCK with tons of games i didn't see in the past few weeks.[/quote]

the original halo is on sale for $14.99 at bb this week. this renders their ggc useless for the $19.99 or over lmao!. i can't wait to show them this ad and buy halo for $9.99! yes, i am a "devil" customer! :twisted:

EDIT: whoops, i forgot whether it was demon or devil customer hehe.

[quote name='captaincold']When i went this morning they had signs that said it doesn't apply to green tag items. I will still try this anyway though.
[/quote]

Nowhere in the ad does it say green tag items are excluded, so they shouldn't be able to put up signs saying green tag items are excluded. I'd complain to corporate if they won't honor it on green tag items.

If they didn't want to sell games for next to nothing, they should have made the details of the ad more speficifc.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Just show them the ad, that says all $19.99 and under games are $5 off, they should have a stack of ads at the door when you walk in.[/quote]

I didn't even have to show them the ad, the register subtracted $5 from the two games I bought.

[quote name='Erillian'][quote name='Scorch']
Mafia (XB) $7

Serious. I have it on PC and love it.

EDIT: I also paid 49.99 for it when it came out. It was worth every penny.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Final R-Type $14.99 - $5 off = $9.99 :)[/quote]

I have to go head back to get that price adjusted myself. If not, then return it and rebuy it.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='YoshiFan1']Just show them the ad, that says all $19.99 and under games are $5 off, they should have a stack of ads at the door when you walk in.[/quote]

I didn't even have to show them the ad, the register subtracted $5 from the two games I bought.[/quote]

Were the game you bought green tag games?, sinceI think on green tag games, it has to be done manually

Here's the deal of the Week for me !!!

CC have Manhunt $15.88 - $5 off (TRU Sale) = $11.38 or less. (After pricematch)

BB have Riddick $14.99 - $5 off (TRU sale) = $9.99 (After Pricemach)

TRU
R-Type Final $14.98 - $5 off Sale = $9.98

PS. Hope, I can find different deal at Diffrent TRU Tomorrow ;)

Begin CAG is very painful on PRICE!

I'm not sure that R-type is 14.99, when i went a couple weeks ago it was 29.99 and that's the price listed on the website. The same with mafia on the website. I hope im wrong because im going tomorrow to check it out again.

[quote name='jputahraptor']I'm not sure that R-type is 14.99, when i went a couple weeks ago it was 29.99 and that's the price listed on the website. The same with mafia on the website. I hope im wrong because im going tomorrow to check it out again.[/quote]

[quote name='YoshiFan1']R-Type is $14.99 in store, it's part of some new value display where all the games are $14.99[/quote]

Yeah, what YoshiFan1 said. :D

I returned my $29.99 copy from B2G1 and picked up the $14.99 one. I had a post about what the display looked like.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Here's the deal of the Week for me !!!

CC have Manhunt $15.88 - $5 off (TRU Sale) = $11.38 or less. (After pricematch)

BB have Riddick $14.99 - $5 off (TRU sale) = $9.99 (After Pricemach)

TRU
R-Type Final $14.98 - $5 off Sale = $9.98

PS. Hope, I can find different deal at Diffrent TRU Tomorrow ;)

Begin CAG is very painful on PRICE![/quote]

Did you already do this, or are you planning to try this? I may try pulling Riddick for $10, but if everyone is getting shot down on the PM I probably won't waste my time.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Erillian'][quote name='Scorch']
Mafia (XB) $7

Serious. I have it on PC and love it.

EDIT: I also paid 49.99 for it when it came out. It was worth every penny.[/quote]

Supposedly the console versions are horrible compared to the PC version.

I work at TRU and those looking to price match Halo (from BB) you wont get 14.99- 5 bucks. the price match is considered at most stores not only TRU as an offer in itself therefore it cant be combined with a special going on. tried it this morning when I price matched Halo at TRU.

also if you have questions about pricing at anything in the store, just have an associate scan it, and check the item info, it will show if there is anything on sale on that particular item. lots of stuff in the Toys R Us R zone is green tag, but isnt marked, for example,

Thirteen (xbox)- 9.99 after green tag
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (xbox)- 7.50 after green tag
Kill.switch (xbox and ps2)- 19.99 after green tag
Red Faction 2 (xbox)- 19.99 after green tag
King of Fighters 00/01 (?) (PS2)- 14.99 after green tag
Dino Crisis 3 (xbox)- 14.99 after green tag

and so on, just have an employee scan it to see if its green tag. its not always marked.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Final R-Type $14.99 - $5 off = $9.99 :)[/quote]

Very nice... I think I might just have to go and pick that up, along with Chaos Legion. Will R-Type Final ring up for $14.99? Or will it be one of those games when some copies ring up regular price, and some discounted?

When I go tomorrow to do the $5 off per game, and that's 6 games total, I'm bringing the games with me, just in case they decide not to do the $5 off per title. Return 'em all, and see how they like that. :D

They did PM's on them a week and a half ago, so we'll see how it goes, since their PM policy doesn't say anything about more than one PM possible.

Does Toys R Us retroacticaly price match and if so anyone know how long? I got some games on the B2G1 free that where 19.99. Also some a while before that.

The policy was changed last month. They only price match within 14 days of the sale and you couldn't combine both offers, they'd make you return all 3 games and let you choose which offer you wanted, $5 off or the Buy2get1.

Green tag items are not supposed to be part of the sale, and corporate has told all stores not to honor the deal on green tag merchandise. It was supposed to say it in the ad, but due to a misprint, it didn't make it. There are signs stores are supposed to put up. So YMMV on getting the store to actually honor the $5 off and the green tag sale together. And hey TRU would argue with the green tag, you're already doing better than $5 off, you get 50% off.

the original halo is on sale for $14.99 at bb this week. this renders their ggc useless for the $19.99 or over lmao!. i can't wait to show them this ad and buy halo for $9.99! yes, i am a "devil" customer

If only this worked...you either get to price match the item or take part in the TRU deal, but it won't let you do both. So get them to pm best buy as its the better deal.

[quote name='tubtub']

The policy was changed last month. They only price match within 14 days of the sale and you couldn't combine both offers, they'd make you return all 3 games and let you choose which offer you wanted, $5 off or the Buy2get1.

Green tag items are not supposed to be part of the sale, and corporate has told all stores not to honor the deal on green tag merchandise. It was supposed to say it in the ad, but due to a misprint, it didn't make it. There are signs stores are supposed to put up. So YMMV on getting the store to actually honor the $5 off and the green tag sale together. And hey TRU would argue with the green tag, you're already doing better than $5 off, you get 50% off.

the original halo is on sale for $14.99 at bb this week. this renders their ggc useless for the $19.99 or over lmao!. i can't wait to show them this ad and buy halo for $9.99! yes, i am a "devil" customer

If only this worked...you either get to price match the item or take part in the TRU deal, but it won't let you do both. So get them to pm best buy as its the better deal.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification on the period for PM's, tubtub, since I heard that from one store and though they were yanking my chain, also since there's nothing posted about the 14 day period for PM's. I know I'm over there tomorrow to get $5 off the under-$20 games I bought on the 10th and 12th. With 6 of them, it's $30 I'd like back.

I went yesterday before I ever saw this thread, and I picked up the following:

Xenosaga - PS2, original packaging, $5
Devil May Cry 2 - PS2, $5
Beach Spikers - Cube, $5

All of these were green tag games, and would have been $10 after that sale alone. One of them rang up with the $5 off, but I can't remember which. I just pointed out to the cashier that they should have rung up to be $15 due to the sale they had going on on top of the clearance, she grabbed a manager, I politely explained the same thing to that lady, and she manually changed the price for me. They gave me absolutely no trouble with it, since the ad clearly does not specify. I got excellent customer service at my TRU, thankfully. :D The only thing that sucks is that they had no R-Type Final or $14.95 game display at all, which is the reason I initially went in the first place. :p

Stopped by my locak TRU and found Legends of Wrestling for $15 green tagged. After a salesclerk and a sales clerk who thought he was a manager, i finally got to a manager and explained that the clearance price is the clearance price, even if it is not clearly marked on the box and as such since the price was below the 19.99 price level cited in their ad, it should be eligible for the 5 bux off as well. He tried to say that this didn't apply to clearance items, but could not point to any specific restriction in the ad language. In the end, he was cool and said ok, take of the 5 bux as well. So the game netted out at $2.49 plus tax.

Just wish it was a better game that I got so cheep!

Today at my TRU, they had signs all over the place (in the game section and by the ads at the front of the store) saying that the $5 off could not be combined with green tag clearance. Its a good thing they did too because the still had a bin of about 20-30 of those games that would have been free if you could combine them. On the other hand I did manage to pick up a couple decent deals. I got:

Sphinx (PS2)- $1.98
Hitman 2 (PS2)- $4.98

I also saw but didn't pick up Manhunt (Xbox) for $11.98. I wish the deal would have been for GBA games also cause they had Sword of Mana and Fire Emblem for $17.98 each.

I picked up R-type final today at my TRU. Wanted to pickup Manhunt and Tenchu for XBOX, but they both rang up above the recent markdowns, $25 and $20.

I went to the one off Palmer and I-35 today and picked up:

Maximo: AoZ for $5.98
Unreal Championship (XBOX) for $4.99

The only games I was able to find that I might have been able to get for free or 1 cent were Mad Maestro and Pryzm and I really don't want either of those in the first place.

By the way, they only had one more copy of Maximo:AoZ left so best of luck if you try to go get it.

I got $5 off for Super Monkey Ball 2 and with a $10 gift card came to $5 plus tax...but I thought it was just games $19.99 or more....Well now with this clarification in mind I've gotta look for Mafia, R-Type Final, and Beach Spikers....good looking out

Just came back from TRU and had them do my deductions on my purchases.

Ended up with the following discounted games:

Chaos Legion: Started out @ $29.99, dropped to $17.98 on 11/12 price drops, $5 off from the sale = $12.98
Maximo vs. Army of Zin: Started out @ $19.95, dropped to $14.98 on 11/12 price drops, $5 off from the sale = $9.98
Devil May Cry: Started out @ $19.99, dropped to $11.98 on 11/12 price drops , $5 off from sale = $6.98
Rallisport Challenge: Started out @ $19.99, dropped to $9.98 on 11/12 price drops, $5 off from the sale = $4.98
R-Type Final: Started out @ $29.99, came out again @ $14.95, $5 off from the sale = $9.95

Total for all 5 games: $44.87

Also picked up Luigi's Mansion and Sonic Mega Collection + (XB) for $14.99 each yesterday.

Mafia (XB) was $10 for me after discount.

I also price checked:

Turok Evolution (PS2) $4.99 after discount, not worth it

Sphinx (PS2) was $7 something after discount.

They had a ton of signs saying it didn't apply to green tag items.

[quote name='shrike4242']Just came back from TRU and had them do my deductions on my purchases.

Ended up with the following discounted games:

Chaos Legion: Started out @ $29.99, dropped to $17.98 on 11/12 price drops, $5 off from the sale = $12.98
Maximo vs. Army of Zin: Started out @ $19.95, dropped to $14.98 on 11/12 price drops, $5 off from the sale = $9.98
Devil May Cry: Started out @ $19.99, dropped to $11.98 on 11/12 price drops , $5 off from sale = $6.98
Rallisport Challenge: Started out @ $19.99, dropped to $9.98 on 11/12 price drops, $5 off from the sale = $4.98
R-Type Final: Started out @ $29.99, came out again @ $14.95, $5 off from the sale = $9.95

Total for all 5 games: $44.87

Also picked up Luigi's Mansion and Sonic Mega Collection + (XB) for $14.99 each yesterday.[/quote]

Just curious, did those 11/12 markdowns show up before or after they totalled it and not just scanned. My TRU still had the pre- 11/12 price drops prices when I had it scanned.

One thing everyone seems to be forgetting here is that you get a $10 Gift Card if you buy $75 or more of stuff at TRU. I picked up 8 games that all discounted down below $10 and price matched Riddick. The $10 gift Card made a nice dent off buying a DS, especially since I got another $10 Gift Card for making that purchase.

bread's done
Back