$5 Off a Purchase at the New Borders.com

machoman_93

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Didn't see this posted sooo.....

I got a flyer from Border's in the mail today, it came with a $5 off a purchase at borders.com. The code is : BR41925 and expires on August 08. You can use it for anything on the site except for pervious purchases, gift cards, eBooks, digital downloads, shipping, and all electronics including the Sony Reader and Zune. You can NOT use with other coupons, discounts, or items on sale. Also, its a one time use per account. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
This coupon appears to be glitched to our advantage, like most Borders.com coupons. It's supposed to take $5 off an order but will take $5 off each item in an order.

I just bought ten mass market paperbacks for $28.38 after a discount of $50.

With Amazon's 4-for-3 sale, you're saving a few dollars off each book. With this coupon, I'm paying a few dollars for each book!

Now I just hope I don't get an order cancellation...

EDIT: Oh, and I should get an extra 6% off by going through my Chase Rewards Plus link. All the better!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was about to finalize my order and it went all "temporarily unavailable" on me. I'm not going through that again. If it's ordered, it's ordered. If it isn't, please fix the site. Oh well. ;)

Yeah, I really, really hate that error. I've been dealing with it for a couple months now. I find that one thing that may help is clearing out the cart, signing out, then signing back in and re-adding everything to the cart. It's a laborious process but it does help me out sometimes. If that fails, I just wait till the next day, though that isn't always a solution considering how many coupons only last two days.

On the plus side, I figure that the site being so broken is what leads to the coupon glitches. Can't have your cake and eat it, too, I suppose...

[quote name='rapsodist']Yeah, I really, really hate that error. I've been dealing with it for a couple months now. I find that one thing that may help is clearing out the cart, signing out, then signing back in and re-adding everything to the cart. It's a laborious process but it does help me out sometimes. If that fails, I just wait till the next day, though that isn't always a solution considering how many coupons only last two days.[/quote]

Yup, gave it a go just like that and it worked like magic. Now I've got a graphic novel and around 13 CDs heading my way for a tiny bit of change over $25. Much better than $86!

Ahhh...I love these coupons. It lets me clean up classical music sections like nobody's business! Thanks, OP!

Oooh thanks for the code, OP, as well as the 2nd poster who realized the pricing glitch!

I managed to buy 2 children's books for my nephew who's birthday is in 2 weeks, 2 Classical Literature books for me, and the new Nas CD that I've been wanting and didn't realize came out last week all for just over $11! Since I didn't feel like spending another $15 to get free shipping I just had them ship it to the Borders store that's on my way home and got free shipping that way. Basically, I only paid for the CD and got the other 4 books free. Thanks again! This just made my night! :)

Has anyone gotten the coupon glitch to work today? I tried placing another order (through my brother's account) but after clicking the very last "Place Order" button, I get a message that reads: We're sorry, but we're unable to process your order at this time. The contents of your shopping cart will be saved so that you may try placing your order again at a later time. I've never seen that message before. Hopefully it doesn't mean they fixed the glitch.

[quote name='rapsodist']Has anyone gotten the coupon glitch to work today? I tried placing another order (through my brother's account) but after clicking the very last "Place Order" button, I get a message that reads: We're sorry, but we're unable to process your order at this time. The contents of your shopping cart will be saved so that you may try placing your order again at a later time. I've never seen that message before. Hopefully it doesn't mean they fixed the glitch.[/quote]

*shrugs* try it again, I just put in an order and it I got confirmation in my email and everything. Probably just a glitch on the net at the time, or you've already bought something online from them.

Thanks for letting me know, sonderiaom. Unfortunately, Borders.com has been completely down the past few hours, so things have just gotten worse. Good thing this coupon lasts a while longer.

Yeah, this coupon's been invalidated before its original expiration of 8/8. I guess it's been abused too heavily and they finally caught on. I'm able to input the code and get the promotion to appear but it gives me a discount of $0.00 with a message saying that the "cart is not eligible for promotion." :cry:

On a positive note, the book order I mentioned earlier has shipped out and I've been charged according to the glitched discount.

bread's done
Back