$5 off any Direct2drive Order $15 or More

Any expiration date?

EDIT: Note, you can't get any games for FREE but you can add a Defense Grid map pack or whatever to make a $5 game 94 cents.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I was skeptical, since Direct2Drive never does deals this broad, but I gave it a shot anyway.

Sure enough, it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Awesome.

Actually, I just gave it a try, and it did work. With a single $4.95 game in my cart it refused the coupon as expected (hey, I could be hopeful), but adding another for a total of $9.90 worked and rang up as $4.90 for the two of them. Not a bad deal really.

I can confirm that this works. I just ordered Majesty 2: Kingmaker for $7.50, got $5 off, paid $2.50.

OP should note in the title that it works on purchases of $5 or more.

I picked up the Dr. Who Adventures 1 & 2 pack along with a Defense Grid map pack. Any idea if the map pack will work with a steam copy of Defense Grid?

Bought Majesty 2: Kingmaker & Star Wolves 3 2.50$ for each. Great deal. Code can be used multiple times.

hmm, doesn't seem to want to let me make a third purchase.

[quote name='jscme']I picked up the Dr. Who Adventures 1 & 2 pack along with a Defense Grid map pack. Any idea if the map pack will work with a steam copy of Defense Grid?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure but you usually have to have Steam versions of expansions to use them with the Steam version of the main game.

Look at it this way, if you were interested in the DW games, then you got them for $1. That's tough to beat.

OP +1

Nice find, picked up heir the throne and star wolves 3 for a total of 7.50.

Coupon still appears to be active but there may be some block on getting a 4.95 game and a add on pack to bring it over 5.

Can this be used multiple times per account? Just curious if I can grab a few items, or if I need to choose carefully

[quote name='jscme']I picked up the Dr. Who Adventures 1 & 2 pack along with a Defense Grid map pack. Any idea if the map pack will work with a steam copy of Defense Grid?[/QUOTE]

The page for the DG map packs all state "The DRM system for this product is Steam". That means they'll probably give you a key that you enter into steam to add it to your account (and also provide a link to the Steam installer if you don't already have it). I'm pretty sure it will work like that, since that's the way the base copy of Defense Grid works when bought from D2D (it's a steamworks title).

It's a shame the cart only allows 3 items per order. I'd love to be able to pick up all the map packs with this coupon.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Too bad the Paradox sale just died. The cd-key for that can be registered on Steam, for anyone that did get in on it.[/QUOTE]

My google fu told me a D2D Warband key would not work on Steam so I had no interest anyway.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']My google fu told me a D2D Warband key would not work on Steam so I had no interest anyway.[/QUOTE]

oh derp

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Dark Void Zero + a map pack for 94c, Mount and Blade Warband for $10.[/QUOTE]

Mount and Blade: Warband for $10 is an awesome deal!!

BTW, the Defense Grid Maps do work on steam if anyone used them to get an order above $5. Just register the cd key with steam.

edit --nevermind. just noticed bitter's response.

[quote name='Devulture']I wonder. If I buy Monkey Island 2, can I use the CD key or whatever activation key it has for Steam as well?[/QUOTE]
Well, it's not on the list, but I'd love to be surprised.

Ehhh, nothing worth buying, honestly. Anything I'd actually would be interested in I already played....but damn, I hate wasting a coupon.

Games I saw that would be worth buying:

FIFA 09
Plants Vs Zombies
Bionic Commando Rearmed

All 4.95

Last edited by a moderator:
To the poster above me. The General Knoxx DLC is pretty sweet, raises the level cap and is the biggest expansion of the three to borderlands. Just make sure you have a high level character, around 50, the old limit to start it with or it will be quite the challenege if I recall correctly.

Also Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 is $9.95 before the $5 coupon making it $4.95. Seems like a good deal? Here is the link http://www.direct2drive.com/1/3994/...s-Ghost-Recon:-Advanced-Warfighter-2-Download Any thoughts? Thanks for the post OP.

Interesting. I have two things in my cart but it's telling me there's a 3 item limit so I can't check out. Anyone else run into that?

[quote name='Mike UFC']Interesting. I have two things in my cart but it's telling me there's a 3 item limit so I can't check out. Anyone else run into that?[/QUOTE]

yeah, im getting that now. was able to purchase a maw dlc, a defense grid dlc, and Galax-e-mail for .20. I wanted to purchase more stuff

"does the D2D version of Heir to the throne work with the disc version of EU3 complete?"

I'm pretty sure all the different releases are compatible with one another, but you may want to check at the forums to be sure. As a sidenote, it's not like there's a disc version of Heir, and my digital GamersGate release of Heir works fine with the disc version of complete. Also, if you like EU, you'll love Heir.

Damn, I bought Warband, literally, like two days ago for 15. Meh, whatever I guess. It's only five bucks...

So, have anyone confirmed that you can use the coupon more than once? I wouldn't mind getting Plants Vs Zombies as well as the Doctor Who episodes with a couple of Defense Grid maps to fill things out.

Best of Indie Bundle V.3 is $29.95 so $24.95 with coupon.
Games included are:
World of Goo
Puzzlegeddon
Gish
The Maw
Braid
Cogs
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
Osmos
Machinarium
Crayon Physics Deluxe

Seems like a decent deal if you like Indie games. Some may be good to play on a netbook as well.

[quote name='TheLongshot']So, have anyone confirmed that you can use the coupon more than once? I wouldn't mind getting Plants Vs Zombies as well as the Doctor Who episodes with a couple of Defense Grid maps to fill things out.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's a one time thing if you have anything more than one thing in your cart. I got the Dr. Who eps with a DG map with my first purchase but now can buy only thing at a time. The coupon still works though if that one thing is over $5 though.

Was considering Mount and Blade Warband for $10 after coupon when I noticed the regular price is now up to $30 for Warband. Oh well, probably should just wait for a good Steam sale to take it sub $10.

[quote name='ryushe']Anyone know how the Doctor Who Adventure game is? Looks alright for $5...[/QUOTE]

It's okay for $5, but it's way better if you can get it for free, like people in England do...

Hmm, $4.95 for Plants VS Zombies. I didn't jump on the $7.99 steam deal cause I didn't wanna pay more than $5, not sure if I should grab it now or wait for a steam sale.

just got dark void zero plus the 1st 2 defense grid map packs for $1.93 thanks op!

though im kinda tempted to get the last 2 packs for the hell of it but cant find another $4.95 game or cheaper to pair with it

[quote name='shytface']Hmm, $4.95 for Plants VS Zombies. I didn't jump on the $7.99 steam deal cause I didn't wanna pay more than $5, not sure if I should grab it now or wait for a steam sale.[/QUOTE]

keep in mind it's also coming to XBL w/ rumored multiplayer support.

bread's done
Back