$5 off any video games $20+ on eBay [Expires: 3/16/14]

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
CPNGAMES

How to redeem your Coupon:

1. Shop for eligible items, including any items in the Video Games or Video Game Consoles categories. Subtotal must be equal to or greater than $20 for coupon to qualify.

2. Pay for your item with PayPal before the Coupon expiration date on 3/16.

3. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field.

Terms & Conditions:

The Coupon will expire at 11:59:59 PM PT on the date shown on the Coupon. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of an eligible item on eBay.com. Coupon can be used once for up to the maximum Coupon discount amount, while supplies last. Restrictions and/or exclusions will be designated in each Coupon offer. Only registered eBay members paying with PayPal can receive the discount. Any unused difference between the actual discount amount received and the maximum amount will be forfeited.

Coupon is subject to U.S. laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time. Use of automated devices or programs for Coupon redemption prohibited.

Thanks for the response, Pablo.  The first CSR I dealt with agreed to credit my account for a purchase over $20 (said it'd show up within 24 hours of my call on 3/14) but it never showed and I've placed two calls since.  I was promised an e-mail each time, too.  They don't want anything in writing for some reason?  The CSR's deny that I could have obtained a valid code from elsewhere and they don't want to check it.

Guy lives a half hour away and needs 3 business days to send the game. >_> If its not here today I'm giving him bad feedback. I need my portable Muramasa fix.
What day did you place the order?

Regardless of if he lives two streets beside you or across the country / Canada / etc, if the listing says up front that the seller will ship within 3 business days, then you fully know that before you buy. That is in no way deserving of bad feedback.

I say the above without knowing your order specifics (day you won / used 'Buy-it-Now,' day you paid, etc,) but if you paid and it was less than 3 business days before you reacted that way...it certainly isn't the sellers fault. (S)he told you up front in the listing it takes 3 days to ship.

Did the listing say otherwise (less than 3 days) and they sent you a message AFTER THE AUCTION ENDED that it would take longer? If that is the case however, then you definitely have a case!

<_< if my game isn't in the mailbox today, I'm giving this guy negative feedback then calling eBay to refund my money. mother @#%%# lives 20 minutes away.
Just following up from above...what day did the auction end? Sunday also wouldn't count against the seller...not a business day (in eBay's eyes.)

Last edited by a moderator:
What day did you place the order?

Regardless of if he lives two streets beside you or across the country / Canada / etc, if the listing says up front that the seller will ship within 3 business days, then you fully know that before you buy. That is in no way deserving of bad feedback.

I say the above without knowing your order specifics (day you won / used 'Buy-it-Now,' day you paid, etc,) but if you paid and it was less than 3 business days before you reacted that way...it certainly isn't the sellers fault. (S)he told you up front in the listing it takes 3 days to ship.

Did the listing say otherwise (less than 3 days) and they sent you a message AFTER THE AUCTION ENDED that it would take longer? If that is the case however, then you definitely have a case!

Just following up from above...what day did the auction end? Sunday also wouldn't count against the seller...not a business day (in eBay's eyes.)
it ended on the 13th and got here today. :/ its not in like new condition.

I prefer Amazon's seller program to Ebay for games and similar items. Ebay just seems like a huge leap of faith and it's just so much easier to order something used from Amazon (without Paypal added into the equation). Not to mention how sometimes the sellers on Ebay misprint information and exaggerate the condition of listed items. 

Same thing with me.  Seller shipped right away but took over a week to get here.  Ordered on the 13th as well.  One package was sent from NY and the other from Cali and both came the same day.  NY package was like an hour away tops and still took that long.  IDK what that was about.  I looked at the game and was like wait a minute..this is not Brand New.

What kind of asshole puts Brand New and then sends you an open game.

Same thing with me. Seller shipped right away but took over a week to get here. Ordered on the 13th as well. One package was sent from NY and the other from Cali and both came the same day. NY package was like an hour away tops and still took that long. IDK what that was about. I looked at the game and was like wait a minute..this is not Brand New.

assholes on ebay.

edit: and gamestop. but that's in person where you can look at them smirk at you.

assholes on ebay.

edit: and gamestop. but that's in person where you can look at them smirk at you.
Gamestop at least has a return policy for their products, plus the potential to trade them back in.

Good luck returning your botched item you bid on and won to some guy who knows he screwed you over. Most sellers on ebay refuse to deal with you once your item is delivered.

In the end, I would pay a little more for peace of mind.

I'm giving up.  If anyone wants to feel what it's like to talk to a machine, try convincing an eBay customer service representative that the code, CPNGAMES, is in any way associated with his/her employer.  Never mind that they could see it was advertised on several reputable websites (like this one).  Never mind that it was advertised on twitch.tv Titanfall streams.  Never mind that the code was accepted by the eBay checkout system.  You'll be told that it didn't come from eBay and that hackers are all over the web, yadda yadda yadda...

Same thing with me. Seller shipped right away but took over a week to get here. Ordered on the 13th as well. One package was sent from NY and the other from Cali and both came the same day. NY package was like an hour away tops and still took that long. IDK what that was about. I looked at the game and was like wait a minute..this is not Brand New.

always read the description on eBay. I never purchase a "new" game from a seller unless they SPECIFICALLY say in the description that it is sealed. If they don't say it is sealed I either ask them if it is or move on. Even though it is supposed to be sealed if you want to avoid problems you should always read/ask

Everyone complaining about eBay just needs to learn how to use it better. Never assume you are going to get something unless the description specially says that. Always look at the sellers history and feedback, don't buy from low feedback sellers. If the seller has history of shipping slow don't buy from them. If the seller has 3 business day handling time don't buy from them and expect it to be shipped the next day. If there is a small difference in price always buy from a top rated seller when you can. If you have a problem contact the seller or open an ebay case. It's really a simple process.

eBay is 10x better than buying used on amazon. On eBay you have a huge description where sellers can say the condition, take pictures etc. Amazon there is a tiny line that most sellers do not even use.

Gamestop at least has a return policy for their products, plus the potential to trade them back in.

Good luck returning your botched item you bid on and won to some guy who knows he screwed you over. Most sellers on ebay refuse to deal with you once your item is delivered.

In the end, I would pay a little more for peace of mind.
have you never used eBay before? You get 45 day returns from any seller just open an ebay case.

You can also "trade it back in" by selling it on eBay and you would get a lot more than the crap credit that gamestop gives you.

always read the description on eBay. I never purchase a "new" game from a seller unless they SPECIFICALLY say in the description that it is sealed. If they don't say it is sealed I either ask them if it is or move on. Even though it is supposed to be sealed if you want to avoid problems you should always read/ask

Everyone complaining about eBay just needs to learn how to use it better. Never assume you are going to get something unless the description specially says that. Always look at the sellers history and feedback, don't buy from low feedback sellers. If the seller has history of shipping slow don't buy from them. If the seller has 3 business day handling time don't buy from them and expect it to be shipped the next day. If there is a small difference in price always buy from a top rated seller when you can. If you have a problem contact the seller or open an ebay case. It's really a simple process.

eBay is 10x better than buying used on amazon. On eBay you have a huge description where sellers can say the condition, take pictures etc. Amazon there is a tiny line that most sellers do not even use.
The fact is that some sellers are douchebags that are purposely dishonest when listing. The game I bought was described as being sealed and that was a complete lie. Also, sellers can post pictures on Amazon listings now and Amazon takes shitty sellers more serious than eBay (though this can be a problem too, as they will pretty much always take the buyers word on everything, even if they're a scammer).

The fact is that some sellers are douchebags that are purposely dishonest when listing. The game I bought was described as being sealed and that was a complete lie. Also, sellers can post pictures on Amazon listings now and Amazon takes shitty sellers more serious than eBay (though this can be a problem too, as they will pretty much always take the buyers word on everything, even if they're a scammer).
they will not side with them if you sued them in the pass... I had a game with tracking that the buyer says they never got and i got my cash

bread's done
Back