$5 off Batman Brave and Bold Game - Happy Meal

Squashua

CAG Veteran
McDonalds Happy Meals have Batman : The Brave and the Bold toys.

Included with each toy is a little square flyer

Save $5 on the new "Batman The Brace and the Bold The Videogame".

Manufacturer's coupon, valid from Sept. 7, 2010 till Sept. 16, 2011. Yes, 2011.

Works for Wii and DS versions.

Apparently doesn't work for online retailers.

We might be taking the kids there this weekend. They marvel super hero toys they had last time are still popular at home. Especially if you enjoy hearing the Thing say "It's Clobbering Time!" incessaently.

I want to pick this up but I don't want to feed my daughter a happymeal to get a discount on it. The television series is freaking awesome.

[quote name='galbyman']I want to pick this up but I don't want to feed my daughter a happymeal to get a discount on it. The television series is freaking awesome.[/QUOTE]

So buy it and eat the meal yourself.

[quote name='batman1939']I have so many of these damn toys laying around I still need Green Arrow for my collection.[/QUOTE]

You know you can ask the people at the counter for a different toy. :lol:

[quote name='batman1939']They look at me strange enough when I order a Happy Meal. I don't want to see the look I get when I say "I already have this one."[/QUOTE]

(a) Who cares what they think?

(b) More people should eat Happy Meals, instead of Monster Thickburgers

(c) I want you to complete your collection

I don't eat there much anymore, but very rarely, I'll
get the toy that they're offering. When they
were promoting "Lego Batman", if they had actual
Legos, I would have collected them, but they
were solid plastic figures.

[quote name='chatgirl4']Actually, you can just buy the toy separately for $1 or $2 :)[/QUOTE]

I worked at McDonald's years ago, and people did do this (the toys were like $2), but if you want the cheapest route, just get the cheapest happy meal and ask for a small coffee instead of pop. At least on our register, those years ago, the happy meal rang up as its own item and then the drink rang up as its own item. So if you get the cheapest drink (a coffee), then it'll end up cheaper than menu price and depending on where you are, it could end up cheaper than the toy itself.

For an even better discount, bring a senior with you and have them order the meal with coffee. Their coffees cost less - like 40 cents less. That's 40 cents off the toy - a savings of nearly 25%!

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I worked at McDonald's years ago, and people did do this (the toys were like $2), but if you want the cheapest route, just get the cheapest happy meal and ask for a small coffee instead of pop. At least on our register, those years ago, the happy meal rang up as its own item and then the drink rang up as its own item. So if you get the cheapest drink (a coffee), then it'll end up cheaper than menu price and depending on where you are, it could end up cheaper than the toy itself.

For an even better discount, bring a senior with you and have them order the meal with coffee. Their coffees cost less - like 40 cents less. That's 40 cents off the toy - a savings of nearly 25%![/QUOTE]

You sir, are indeed a Cheapass. HOTY! :applause:

When I used to collect these type of toys (when I was a kid (no offense, guys)), I would just bring back a duplicate toy from last time and exchange it for one I didn't have; you don't even have to buy the meal. I remember bringing back toys from months earlier, and the people would look at them like "Where the hell did you get this?" Ah, those were the days...

Now the real question: is this game any good? :lol:

[quote name='unopepito06']
Now the real question: is this game any good? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I'm wondering. I suspect that it's OK but with minimal lasting appeal. I'm curious, and for $40 it isn't a bad deal, especially if you use one of these coupons or get in on the shirt deal at TRU. What the heck, I'll probably bite. If it stinks I'll sell it right away.

[quote name='batman1939']I just hate to cause a line for it. I have asked for another toy before but I know if I ask for Green Arrow they will not even know what I'm talking about. I'm a collector anyways it's like buying a pack of cards. It's cool to find the last one. I just hate when I ask for a guy toy and get the girl version.[/QUOTE]

Dude- just ask for the green one. Seriously. I'm not lying when I say I went to McDonald's with a friend tonight (who's a big comic fan), and he got a Happy Meal in hopes of a Blue Beetle figure. He's really shy and didn't ask for it, and got some claw-looking thing. So I just went up to the counter and said my cousin was a really big fan of the Blue Beetle, and if I could trade this one out I'd appreciate it. It didn't hold up the line at all, and it took him no more than 10 seconds to find the "blue toy."

Long story short, it doesn't take long, good employees won't mind, and if you're that shy about saying it's for you, don't.

[quote name='unopepito06'] Now the real question: is this game any good? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wayfoward is doing both versions. (Shantae, A Boy and His Blob) So it's you know it's going to look beautiful. Hopefully we continue the high quality streak of Batman titles.

I saw that this coupon was going to be offered this month a while ago but wasn't sure how soon the promotion started. I figured once I saw a commercial on TV I'd be good.

Just wanted you guys to know to check the toy before you leave, I got home and found no coupon with my Blue Beetle. No big deal but just a FYI.

[quote name='todders09']Just wanted you guys to know to check the toy before you leave, I got home and found no coupon with my Blue Beetle. No big deal but just a FYI.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. No coupon in my Blue Beetle or Green Arrow. Maybe the coupon is with a certain toy(s)?

Ha at least you guys got Batman toys. I didn't realize had gendered happy meals this month. I got a lil red riding hood doll. I'll have to go exchange it.

Got the Black Manta today, no coupon :/

I tried to convince my son to get the Batmobile (cashier said they had both), but he wanted the claw one. Then on the way home tonight, he asks if he can get the Batmobile next time :wall:

FYI: McD Kid's Meals aren't that bad at all, you can health it up by getting chocolate milk instead of soda and apple slices? instead of fries. (not that I would suggest replacing the fries)

The Aquaman toy is pretty cool, he's got a ball of water and you put it in his hands and he throws it

also i dont remember seeing a coupon

Is the Joker toy actually rare enough to garner $6 on ebay?

Anyway, after reading this thread, I seem more interested in buying a happy meal now for the toy, even if it costs like $4.

I picked up a Happy Meal tonight and I got the Black Manta, and no coupon. Which specific toy is it that you guys have confirmed has the coupon? If I pick up another one I wanna make sure I get the right one...

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Is the Joker toy actually rare enough to garner $6 on ebay?

Anyway, after reading this thread, I seem more interested in buying a happy meal now for the toy, even if it costs like $4.[/QUOTE]

Maybe to someone. But I picked up a complete set of the toys, along with a glass Riddler cup from a McDonalds giveaway years ago for about $12 shipped. Cheaper and less fattening this way.

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know about them and we had a couple of the coupons from our Saturday trip to McDonalds lying in the trash. I was able to use them to score the DS and Wii version with 2 t-shirts from TRU for around $48 with the buy one get one 50% off deal they had going on. My son is going to be happy.

Apparently you can use the DS version to unlock a character on the Wii copy.

Hopefully we'll go to mcdonalds next weekends for these. Are the toys bendable and posable? My kids always break them when they try to make the toys 'sit'.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Thanks for posting this. I didn't know about them and we had a couple of the coupons from our Saturday trip to McDonalds lying in the trash. I was able to use them to score the DS and Wii version with 2 t-shirts from TRU for around $48 with the buy one get one 50% off deal they had going on. My son is going to be happy.

Apparently you can use the DS version to unlock a character on the Wii copy.[/QUOTE]

So the coupon works with the buy 1 get one 1/2 off? I was thinking of picking up this and Toy Story 3 for the Xbox 360, would work out to about $31 a piece.

The DS version lets you play as Bat-mite in the Wii game. My son and I really enjoy the series, the Starro two-parter that starts this Friday is especially good. I think Cartoon Network and the WB are making a mistake canceling this in favor of a new darker Batman show, I like the fact that I can watch with my four year old and it also is a great way to expose the minor but fun characters of the DC Universe.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I worked at McDonald's years ago, and people did do this (the toys were like $2), but if you want the cheapest route, just get the cheapest happy meal and ask for a small coffee instead of pop. At least on our register, those years ago, the happy meal rang up as its own item and then the drink rang up as its own item. So if you get the cheapest drink (a coffee), then it'll end up cheaper than menu price and depending on where you are, it could end up cheaper than the toy itself.

For an even better discount, bring a senior with you and have them order the meal with coffee. Their coffees cost less - like 40 cents less. That's 40 cents off the toy - a savings of nearly 25%![/QUOTE]

If they're old enough you don't even have to know them!

I had an employee look through a handful of the packages, when I went to exchange the doll. None of them had the coupon. I wish that had just packaged the coupon with a specific toy so I could ask for that one.

Maybe I'll feel like McDonald's again before the month is over. Twice in a weeks time is too much.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']I had an employee look through a handful of the packages, when I went to exchange the doll. None of them had the coupon. I wish that had just packaged the coupon with a specific toy so I could ask for that one.

Maybe I'll feel like McDonald's again before the month is over. Twice in a weeks time is too much.[/QUOTE]

I have 7 of 8 of the happy meal toys, and only 2 had the coupon inside.

OK, so apparently the wife threw out the coupon last week because I apparently "had referred to it as crappy."

Turns out I was referring the the $3 off the DVD deal that comes with a DIFFERENT TOY.

So we went to McD's to get a new $5 DVD coupon and it turns out it doesn't come with EVERY toy.

We have an Aquaman, a Plastic Man, a Joker, a Batman and a Batmobile.

The $3 off a DVD comes with Joker.
Nothing came with an Aquaman.

Not sure which one came with the $5 coupon; either Plastic Man or the Batmobile are my suspects.

^^^ Well when it was first reported last month about the coupons Plastic Man was in the image.

thumb_batcoupon.jpg

Plasticman and Aquaman are the ONLY TWO with the $5 off coupon
Batman and Joker have the $3 DVD coupon
the others have no coupons I believe.

[quote name='slowdive21']Plasticman and Aquaman are the ONLY TWO with the $5 off coupon
Batman and Joker have the $3 DVD coupon
the others have no coupons I believe.[/QUOTE]

OK, so your funcoland story is hilarious. I hated that store, anyway.

bread's done
Back