$5 off Dinner for Schmucks DVD/Blu-ray

It's $22 at Target this week, so that may be your best bet to get the movie for cheapest, plus they will raincheck sales items if they run out of them.

Best Buy has it at $26, though their use of PM + coupon is YMMV at best.

Walmart won't have an issue with PM + coupon use, though they tend to give some odd looks when doing it. Though, if it scans at the register and doesn't cause an issue, Walmart won't care. Walmart's online price is $25, though new releases are sometimes cheaper in-store on week of release.

Is there any way to use 2 coupons someplace on the same transaction? For instance, could you use a self-checkout and scan the coupons?

I might be willing to go the Target route since I didn't pay to see this in theaters but heard it was hilarious.

[quote name='shrike4242']Best Buy has it at $26, though their use of PM + coupon is YMMV at best.[/QUOTE]

true, but since its MFG coupon, it would go thru in the end. I thought they could never deny a MFG coupon no matter what the situation at the CSR counter? Plus, you don't even have to let it be known until you pull out your wallet..

I do think trying to PM Target would definitely void the $5 GC promo though..

furthermore, I may pass, looks like a bare bones BD release (ie, no combo pack, not even a lousy digital copy..)

[quote name='token2k6']true, but since its MFG coupon, it would go thru in the end. I thought they could never deny a MFG coupon no matter what the situation at the CSR counter? Plus, you don't even have to let it be known until you pull out your wallet..

I do think trying to PM Target would definitely void the $5 GC promo though..

furthermore, I may pass, looks like a bare bones BD release (ie, no combo pack, not even a lousy digital copy..)[/QUOTE]I've seen BB reps say that nothing else works when doing a PM, so I assume they'll deny the coupon on that alone. From what I've seen, it shouldn't affect a manufacturer coupon since they can't scan them and have to add them in manually. In theory it should work, though whenever I get coupons for an item that's cheaper at Target, I just go there to get it because coupons like this scan every single time.

[quote name='kak23']Is there any way to use 2 coupons someplace on the same transaction? For instance, could you use a self-checkout and scan the coupons?[/QUOTE]Nope, unless you're planning to purchase two copies of the movie.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've seen BB reps say that nothing else works when doing a PM, so I assume they'll deny the coupon on that alone. From what I've seen, it shouldn't affect a manufacturer coupon since they can't scan them and have to add them in manually. In theory it should work, though whenever I get coupons for an item that's cheaper at Target, I just go there to get it because coupons like this scan every single time.[/QUOTE]

haha, the path of lease resistant, I never take the time like you do to think things thru when it comes to these PMing deals. Its like Best Buy is just set to default in my brain :lol: going to go to Target now :D

Man, I want this movie but I'm going to hold out until 1/31 (when the coupon expires) and see if it gets cheaper.
If this had a DC and/or DVD, I'd be buying on the way home tonight without question.

While I usually don't use the dvd/digital copy it is hard to justify a 25 dollar purchase (hell, even 20) for a blu. I typically won't buy one WITH those for more than 20, I'm sure as hell not going to buy one without for the same price lol

[quote name='mr_bungle']Rented this from Redbox last night, hilarious film!![/QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree more. While there's a few decent laughs, I am so glad I only rented this. It's far from any classic comedy and I can see why the box office was not bigger.

saw it in theaters, didnt think the movie was very funny.

to be honest the whole dinner portion of the movie last a few mins, title is very misleading about what the movie is really about

[quote name='henry00x']saw it in theaters, didnt think the movie was very funny.

to be honest the whole dinner portion of the movie last a few mins, title is very misleading about what the movie is really about[/QUOTE]

What? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard someone say about a movie. You could probably name 50 movies where the title has very little to do with the overall plot.

[quote name='FadeToOne']What? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard someone say about a movie. You could probably name 50 movies where the title has very little to do with the overall plot.[/QUOTE]

Where were you when I rented Naked Lunch?

[quote name='lawdood']Couldn't disagree more. While there's a few decent laughs, I am so glad I only rented this. It's far from any classic comedy and I can see why the box office was not bigger.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I absolutely love Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and Zack Galifanakis, but this film is very very very poor. It's hardly worth a rental, let alone a day 1 blu ray purchase. Just my opinion. I'd be severely disappointed if I spend $17.99 on this movie thinking it's one-quarter as good as the 40 yr old virgin, role models, etc.

If you guys want to buy a really laugh out loud hilarious film worthy of adding to your blu-ray collection, I highly recommend Easy-A.

Just watched this tonight. Didn't find it to be too funny. Felt more like a typical sappy love story than a comedy. The acting felt quite forced at times too.

Well, having still not seen the movie, at least you guys have convinced me to wait for a sub-$15 price.

Had GC to burn so i bought this along with Anchorman - but didn't know about the MFG coupon at the time...guess ill make a stop on way home

bread's done
Back