5$ = Pokemon Pre-order Disc + Free Link Cable @ Target B&M

zzl365

CAGiversary!
At Target they have a Pokemon pre-sale deal going on where for $5 you get a pre-order disc (with Jirachi), a coupon for a free GBA-GC link cable, and a coupon for $5 off your copy of Pokemon Colloseum (so you get your $5 back). I thought this was a pretty good deal even though I don't know that I'll be buying the game, as I got an extra link cable for FF:CC for $5.

[quote name='Togepy']Is it a GBA to GBA link cable or a GC to GBA link cable?[/quote]I am assuming he meant GCN to GBA link cable since he mentions FF:CC

[quote name='zzl365']I thought this was a pretty good deal even though I don't know that I'll be buying the game, as I got an extra link cable for FF:CC for $5.[/quote]

Probably gc to gba cable considering there's connectivity.

[quote name='Togepy']Is it a GBA to GBA link cable or a GC to GBA link cable?[/quote]

It's a GBA to GC link cable, sorry about that...edited first post to reflect that.

I notice that on the ads too, pretty good deal because the link cable alone is $10.. now you can get it with the disc and only $5.
BTW, they gave you a coupon for the link cable? What it looks like?

[quote name='miriamleo']I notice that on the ads too, pretty good deal because the link cable alone is $10.. now you can get it with the disc and only $5.
BTW, they gave you a coupon for the link cable? What it looks like?[/quote]

They give you a little foldup book that has the coupon for a free gcn/gba link cable good through 5/1 and a coupon for $5 off Pokemon Colloseum (which is actually just a reimbursement for the $5 you already put down). Just make sure your target has a cable before you pre-order because there was only 1 left at my Target.

I did this earlier today. I ended up with the GBA to GBA cable since they ran out of the other cable. $5 for a bonus disc and an extra cable is a great deal.

i scored two of them there cables went ahead and preordered,dude rang it all up including the free cable handed me back the coupon thingy.i went got me another cable off to the front register.out the door with 2.unfortunatly she kept the coupon...oh well 2 for 5 aint bad!!!and im not picking up no pokemon game either...

and hey i dont feel bad either!!!!

I just went to Target and the clerk told me it was $5 for the disk, $5 for the reservation, and $10 for the link cable = $20 total. Then I could use the reservation coupon for the cable bringing my total down to $10. As confusion is my normal state I said 'OK'. and proceeded to her register.

She rang the disk up for $5, realized there was no way to ring up the reservation card, and then rang up the cable. Then she took off the $10 and $5 coupons right there and said 'Thanks, have a nice day'. I asked her if she was sure i didn't have to pay anything and she confirmed that it was free. YMMV, but I think she made a mistake and I got a freebie.

Oh, yeah, she also gave me the GBA-GBA link cable and said that's what was part of the promotion. I didn't question it a second time as I got everything gratis.

I got mine today with no problems. Just pre-order the game for $5 and you get a coupon for $5 of the game and Link cable for free. Then I got the cable and rang it up seperately for free.

Just got back with mine . The best part is, the casheir gave me back the coupon for the link cabel. So i guess I'll have another one tomorrow :lol:

It sounds like they don't know how to handle this promotion yet. Everybody better get to a target soon before they figure it out!

[quote name='bmulligan']It sounds like they don't know how to handle this promotion yet. Everybody better get to a target soon before they figure it out![/quote]

I'm heading over there tomorrow because of that. strike while the iron is hot.

[quote name='pachi']they were out of the cables so i'll have to go to another target to get it. :([/quote]

Same here. I hope somebody isn't going around the Targets in my area and clearing the cables out :roll:

Well, I now have two "free GC/GBA cable" coupons... they are good until May 1st, so I should be able to get the cables EVENTUALLY.

Do you get the promotion disk when you preordered? Because today I went to my target they have lots of coupons but no promotion disk at all. So I didn't preorder.

The employees at my Target had no idea what was going on. They tried to charge me $5 for the disc and $5 for the pre-order. I corrected them and was only charged $5+tax. The woman just took care of all that coupon stuff right then so I didn't see the booklet.

They really need to start a workshop for their employees if they want my pre-order business again.

On a side note, anyone else notice that downloading that pokémon also corrects the "can't grow berries for a whole year" bug that hit the Japanese players a few months ago?

Excellent work Nintendo for correcting that. Bravo.

[quote name='terribledeli']The employees at my Target had no idea what was going on. They tried to charge me $5 for the disc and $5 for the pre-order. I corrected them and was only charged $5+tax. The woman just took care of all that coupon stuff right then so I didn't see the booklet.

They really need to start a workshop for their employees if they want my pre-order business again.

On a side note, anyone else notice that downloading that pokémon also corrects the "can't grow berries for a whole year" bug that hit the Japanese players a few months ago?

Excellent work Nintendo for correcting that. Bravo.[/quote]

Yea I guess that means I have to pre-order to fix my game. :cry:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']

Yea I guess that means I have to pre-order to fix my game. :cry:[/quote]

If you've got a friend who's got the disc, just use their copy. I thought it you'd only get one of those rare pokémon per disc but it seems to be as many as you want (or maybe one per cartridge game).

Maybe a friendly neighborhood game store employee may let you do it instore?

I went to my Target last night, and the kid working at the video game section had never even heard of this preorder deal. He thought I was lost, like I was trying to find gamestop or something. I guess YMMV.

[quote name='E-Z-B']I went to my Target last night, and the kid working at the video game section had never even heard of this preorder deal. He thought I was lost, like I was trying to find gamestop or something. I guess YMMV.[/quote]

I'm not sure if all Targets nationwide get the same weekly ad, but the one here in Southern California shows the Pokemon preorder deal with free disc and gamecube gameboy cable. Check customer service for the weekly ad, and if it's in there, show it to the kid working the video game section.

Just got back from Target. I payed my $5 and got the cable and bonus disc (the shelf had about 8 link cables).

Thanks for the info on the cheap ass deal!

damn i just got mine
stupid target people didnt even have any pre-order deals
so i went to guest services, went on the pc, printed out the ad, and talked to the lady at the counter, she was freakin hung over and all confused
i went back to the video game dept. and they got called by the lady and they just took the pre-order forms from under the desk
then they couldn't figure out the instructions on the thing
so finally they go in the back and whips up a box of the pre-order discs....
i should apply for a job there....
anyways they gave me back the coupon since it was connected to the $5 off colosseum coupon, but they crossed out the bar code for the cable, will it get messed up if i white out the pen mark?

I preordered today and got the link cable, but not the bonus disc. The lady ringing me up didn't know what she was doing, and said I had to pay an extra $5 for the bonus disc. I didn't want to argue, and I only really wanted the link cable, so I just told her to keep it and charge me $5 for the preorder and free link.

Man, Target really needs to proofread those preorder cards before printing them. Did anyone else notice that on the card with the instructions for how to use it, step #3 mistakenly says "Socom II" instead of "Pokemon Colloseum?" It says:

Registration Instructions
To Our Guest:
1. Please give the cashier your deposit ($5 + tax).
2. Fill out the attached Reservation Form and present it to the cashier.
3. Keep this card and your receipt. It is needed to pick up your reserved copy of the Socom II video game.
4. Come to Target after 3/23/04 (Instore date subject to change) and get your reserved copy of the Pokemon Colosseum video game for the purchase price less your $5 deposit redemption.[/u][/b]

I sure did notice that Liontamer. I just came back and got my bonus disk and the last GBA/GCN link cable. I have a question, if you get the coupon for the link cable, is it possible to just go back with the coupon before 5/1 (expiration of link cable coupon) and just get a link cable?

guys you know what happened
i tore off the free cable label and took it to the counter.. the clerk went and get me a cable and ring it up and i dind't have to pay anything!

guys!! you don't even have to pay for hte $5!

I guess chwang answered my question.

This is to the unlucky ones like starman who pre-order things are behind the glass. The next 4 posters who ask for it, I will send the coupon for the free link cable. Just post here first, and then PM me your address if you are one of those first 4. I will send them snail mail on Monday.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']I guess chwang answered my question.

This is to the unlucky ones like starman who pre-order things are behind the glass. The next 4 posters who ask for it, I will send the coupon for the free link cable. Just post here first, and then PM me your address if you are one of those first 4. I will send them snail mail on Monday.[/quote]

Me me me!

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']I guess chwang answered my question.

This is to the unlucky ones like starman who pre-order things are behind the glass. The next 4 posters who ask for it, I will send the coupon for the free link cable. Just post here first, and then PM me your address if you are one of those first 4. I will send them snail mail on Monday.[/quote]

hey i want one

bread's done
Back