$5 - Two Pack Plantronics MX150 Flexible Boom noise Canceling Headset

That seems interesting; I could use a headset for my cell phone. Anyone know how reliable this site is?

Unless they steal my credit card information, it's not a bad deal for $5. At worst they never show up and I lose $5.

If it turns out to be super-crap quality, I'll just throw it out.

Plantronics aren't known for bad quality headsets. They are the ones that made the limited edition Halo 2 headsets back in the day.. The makers of the headset make me doubt that the quality is bad.. The website on the other hand... Never heard of em, but at that price?

I've purchased stuff from there site before.. maybe like once. They do the free item every once in a while. If it helps, they havent stolen my credit card number yet.

Also, the site says its the standard 2.5 jack which is the size of the 360 controller jack

and for those worried about a credit card number being stolen, do yourself a favor and get a citi rewards card or some other credit card that gives you one-time disposable credit card numbers.

[quote name='iamthekiller']and for those worried about a credit card number being stolen, do yourself a favor and get a citi rewards card or some other credit card that gives you one-time disposable credit card numbers.[/quote]

Yes, everyone should do this. It is incredibly easy using CITI.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']Yes, everyone should do this. It is incredibly easy using CITI.[/quote]
I have Citi, how do you do this?

not sure if it's on every citi card, but log into your account, tools and services, get a virtual account number. you can also download the virtual account number program but last time i checked it didn't work with vista

edit - ah it works in vista now

i always make the $ value about $2 more than the actual purchase i'm making. should anybody steal the number, they won't be able to order shit.

[quote name='aerozero']Or you can get one of those credit gift card things, I'm pretty sure they work online.[/QUOTE]

those are worse and won't help if the # is stolen. say you get a $200 prepaid card and use it to purchase something for $10. the thief can use up the remaining $190. also, there's much less fraud protection on those pre-paid cards than on actual credit cards.

Haha, oh man, I'm an idiot.

I decided to jump on this one pretty much for the hell of it, then realized after the fact that it was probably a very bad idea, so I emailed them telling them to cancel my order. Then I realized that they still have my credit card information, so I called the credit card company and had them cancel my card immediately, all for $5 and massive paranoia on my part.

At least I'm now safe in the off-chance that something actually does happen. In the future I'm going to get a pre-paid card with a minimal balance and just order everything with that.

Discover Card also does those virtual one time use cards as well. It generates a card number for you which is good one time only.

Doesn't work with companies trying to verify your card with penny transactions before charging you though. :) The penny transaction kills the card. I don't think many companies do that anymore anyway. Playstation Store does though.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From a Resellerratings review:
Purchased "MX150 - 2 Pack Plantronics MX150 Flexible Boom noise Canceling Headset"

What was shipped to me were counterfeits, FAKES, knockoffs of real Plantronics products.
So, um... yeah. Sorry, everybody that bought one of these.
[/FONT]

bread's done
Back