$50 Credit with Purchase of $199 4GB 360 -- Amazon Price Matches Best Buy

Decker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
As the thread indicates, Amazon has price matched the Best Buy offer giving a $50 credit within two days of shipping the item.

Here's the link : http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-4GB-..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1301814635&sr=1-2

Fine Print:
Order the Xbox 360 4 GB Console, Receive a $50 Credit Order Bonus
Order the Xbox 360 4 GB Console and get a $50 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Well, not only that, but you can use the $50 credit on the officlial 250 internal HDD which they are currently selling on Amazon for $90. That's $10 cheaper than Best Buy's current sale price, plus again no tax. So if you want to build your own 250 GB 360, it'll cost you $240 instead of the approximately $275 it would cost at Best Buy (assuming you pay 8% sales tax at Best Buy and no sales tax at Amazon)

Good deal. I'm still going to go with Best Buy, though.

Reward Zone points, plus having it tomorrow instead of wednesday, and I have to pay tax on amazon anyways, makes it a better choice for me. Besides, I snagged a 250 GB HDD from Best Buy yesterday, with some price matching and coupon stacking, for 65. ;)

[quote name='Maskim']Good deal. I'm still going to go with Best Buy, though.

Reward Zone points, plus having it tomorrow instead of wednesday, and I have to pay tax on amazon anyways, makes it a better choice for me. Besides, I snagged a 250 GB HDD from Best Buy yesterday, with some price matching and coupon stacking, for 65. ;)[/QUOTE]

The hard drive is also on sale for $99 at Best Buy. Buy the Xbox, get the $50 gift card, then buy the hard drive with the gift card for $50. :)

[quote name='Maskim']Good deal. I'm still going to go with Best Buy, though.

Reward Zone points, plus having it tomorrow instead of wednesday, and I have to pay tax on amazon anyways, makes it a better choice for me. Besides, I snagged a 250 GB HDD from Best Buy yesterday, with some price matching and coupon stacking, for 65. ;)[/QUOTE]

pay tax on amazon??

even i live in flikin LA.,CA!! but im not pay to amazon....

[quote name='dsingh2007']The hard drive is also on sale for $99 at Best Buy. Buy the Xbox, get the $50 gift card, then buy the hard drive with the gift card for $50. :)[/QUOTE]
Right. I nearly did it that way, but I price matched the Fred Meyer coupons for 15% off accessories and for 30 off a purchase of 150 or more to grab like 220 worth of stuff for 130. This way I have about the same amount spent, but I have a $50 gift card to pocket when it's all done instead of using it towards the purchases.

As for paying tax to Amazon, some of our states require it to be paid at the time of purchase, instead of trusting people to report it on their own. Since Washington is Amazon's home, you can bet they're going to get their dime from Amazon sales.

I was about to order a new controller anyway.... and had about $20 in video game credit... ah, what the heck. Can't ever have too many 360s :D

Awesome. I have a broken 360 and a bunch of amazon credit, so I was waiting for a deal like this.

I'm torn. This is a solid deal, but my current 360 has 6 months of RROD coverage left. Decisions, decisions. By the time October rolls around, we may start to see holiday deals/price drops.
I'll sleep on it and see how I feel in the morning

The only reason why I am not buying this right now is because I´ll wait for the xbox 360 special edition Gears of War 3. I am sure they will release one like they did with halo reach

im sure we'll see a price cut on E3, my 360 still have some life left in it, i hope so! theres only 2 months left for E3 and theres gotta be a price cut incoming for all the consoles, same thing happened when they cut the prices last time around, retailers started offering gift cards and a few months later the consoles when down in price

This is really tough. I have been wanting a 360 to play Crackdown 2, Tales of Vesperia, Alan Wake, Gears of War 1-3 and a few DL titles......but I kind of want to wait for sub $250. After buying a decent sized hard drive this would still run you right around that. I imagine at E3 there will be a price drop, but its not a gurantee and will it be enough to make it worth it. Grah!

Think I am going to wait...but this is really tempting.

Ordered, even with my 2.5x reward zone points (Premier Silver & using BB MasterCard) it was still a little less thru Amazon (No tax in MO) and I'd rather have Amazon credit than BB credit.

If I bought it used from Amazon for 170.99, you think I will get the 50 bucks also? It says Amazon needs to sell it and ship it which falls in that category.

too bad it wasnt a ps3

i got an xbox 360 i never play that i got for like 60 bucks back around thanksgiving 2008 brand new from the amazon price mistake on thanksgiving day..

played it like 3 times

BB credit can be Amazon credit any time though when you get a kindle gift card at best buy :p I still want the rewards zone gamer club points.

[quote name='thrasher086']If I bought it used from Amazon for 170.99, you think I will get the 50 bucks also? It says Amazon needs to sell it and ship it which falls in that category.[/QUOTE]

no. Amazon does not =AWD. Same reason you cant use promotional credit on AWD is the reason you wont earn it.

I think I will wait to replace a second unit. Last XMAS they were selling the 250 gb console with $75 gift card which is still cheaper than this deal. ($200-$50 gc plus $90 for 250 gb hd=$240 net versus $225) If you don't need one now I would wait and see what deals come up. I really do like the new design though. Edited to add Amazon WD is selling the 250gb holiday bundle for $231.99. Sell AW code for $5-$10 and trade in Forza 3 for $10 and that makes it cheaper. Most of the stuff from WD looks brand new. Worse case scenario you could get a credit if the AW code has been used.

I should have waited on the 360 I bought a few weeks ago. Oh well. Don't feel too bad I guess since I got an okay deal(Kinect 4GB + Dance Central for $299).

I don't really need one but I bought it anyway. I've been looking to upgrade for a while and I was able to cancel a few preorders to free up $200 in Amazon credit. Thanks OP!

I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with my old 20GB arcade now.

I think I may bite on this, no tax through amazon and I can turn around and use the credit towards a 250GB HDD.
I know people are thinking about waiting till E3 but I have been using my roommates 360 for the past 2 years and want to migrate off my data before we part ways (graduation in May), as well as make sure the licenses for the xbox content I have bought transfer properly to the my own system.
Given the above, would this still be a good deal since can't wait till E3?

[quote name='Davivascaino']The only reason why I am not buying this right now is because I´ll wait for the xbox 360 special edition Gears of War 3. I am sure they will release one like they did with halo reach[/QUOTE]

Yeah and it cost like $399.99 you're better off jumping on a deal if your trying to save money vs the cosmetic looks of your xbox.

If that special edition comes out kiss at least $50 goodbye which went to nothing but the looks of it i guess its ok if that's what you want.

[quote name='aoko']I think I may bite on this, no tax through amazon and I can turn around and use the credit towards a 250GB HDD.
I know people are thinking about waiting till E3 but I have been using my roommates 360 for the past 2 years and want to migrate off my data before we part ways (graduation in May), as well as make sure the licenses for the xbox content I have bought transfer properly to the my own system.
Given the above, would this still be a good deal since can't wait till E3?[/QUOTE]I definitely think this is a good deal and that you'd benefit from it except for one thing: You would probably be better off buying a third-party 250GB HDD for around the same $50 price that the Microsoft 250GB HDD would cost after using the credit, since you can easily find very well-reviewed HDDs made by other companies that work perfectly but cost about half as much as Microsoft's overcharged HDDs. One example is the HDD located here: http://www.amazon.com/250G-Hard-Disk-Drive-Microsoft/dp/B004GX4864/ref=pd_sim_vg_4

You won't be able to use that $50 promotional credit on those third-party HDDs since they're most likely not shipped and sold by Amazon, but you'd pay the same price otherwise, right (and you can use that $50 credit towards games or something else)?

[quote name='Vigilante']I definitely think this is a good deal and that you'd benefit from it except for one thing: You would probably be better off buying a third-party 250GB HDD for around the same $50 price that the Microsoft 250GB HDD would cost after using the credit, since you can easily find very well-reviewed HDDs made by other companies that work perfectly but cost about half as much as Microsoft's overcharged HDDs. One example is the HDD located here: http://www.amazon.com/250G-Hard-Disk-Drive-Microsoft/dp/B004GX4864/ref=pd_sim_vg_4

You won't be able to use that $50 promotional credit on those third-party HDDs since they're most likely not shipped and sold by Amazon, but you'd pay the same price otherwise, right (and you can use that $50 credit towards games or something else)?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion! However, I already looked at this option and I have decided to go with the official drive. I know its overpriced but I don't want to take any risks messing around with these.

[quote name='Vigilante']I definitely think this is a good deal and that you'd benefit from it except for one thing: You would probably be better off buying a third-party 250GB HDD for around the same $50 price that the Microsoft 250GB HDD would cost after using the credit, since you can easily find very well-reviewed HDDs made by other companies that work perfectly but cost about half as much as Microsoft's overcharged HDDs. One example is the HDD located here: http://www.amazon.com/250G-Hard-Disk-Drive-Microsoft/dp/B004GX4864/ref=pd_sim_vg_4

You won't be able to use that $50 promotional credit on those third-party HDDs since they're most likely not shipped and sold by Amazon, but you'd pay the same price otherwise, right (and you can use that $50 credit towards games or something else)?[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the 3rd party HDDs and thought long and hard about doing that myself but with the very real chance of Microsoft still banning people for using non-official HDDs (which I think is complete bullshit, but that is neither here nor there) and while you can get the official HDDs on Amazon for ~$75 shipped currently, I wouldn't take the risk personally to save $25, especially after you are getting essentially a 250gb Slim 360 for $225.

[quote name='graf1k']I agree with you about the 3rd party HDDs and thought long and hard about doing that myself but with the very real chance of Microsoft still banning people for using non-official HDDs (which I think is complete bullshit, but that is neither here nor there) and while you can get the official HDDs on Amazon for ~$75 shipped currently, I wouldn't take the risk personally to save $25, especially after you are getting essentially a 250gb Slim 360 for $225.[/QUOTE]

Same reasoning, also I have a few original xbox games which I got at Goodwill for cheap, and I know that I need to have a original drive for that.

[quote name='graf1k']I agree with you about the 3rd party HDDs and thought long and hard about doing that myself but with the very real chance of Microsoft still banning people for using non-official HDDs (which I think is complete bullshit, but that is neither here nor there) and while you can get the official HDDs on Amazon for ~$75 shipped currently, I wouldn't take the risk personally to save $25, especially after you are getting essentially a 250gb Slim 360 for $225.[/QUOTE]They never banned people for that. They just threatened the possibility of a ban but haven't done so yet.

[quote name='DT778']They never banned people for that. They just threatened the possibility of a ban but haven't done so yet.[/QUOTE]

Don't think for a minute that they won't do it. Write it down and quote me, they will do it in the future.

I don't think the 4 gig would get a hard drive since there is already one with a 250 gig hard drive but they will probably do the usual holiday bundle with 2 free games.

I'm curious, how can I know in the future when Amazon will run this promotion again or promotions similar to this? Thanks!

[quote name='itsgudtime']I'm curious, how can I know in the future when Amazon will run this promotion again or promotions similar to this? Thanks![/QUOTE]

They always do around the holiday season, since that's when all the other big chain retailers do the same.

I've had the same X360 for almost 5 years and sent it for repairs once. I don't expect it to last much longer, so I decided to grab this deal and a 250 GB drive.

[quote name='itsgudtime']I'm curious, how can I know in the future when Amazon will run this promotion again or promotions similar to this? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Keep checking CAG & follow @videogamedeals on twitter. I check the deal forums 3-4 times a day on my iPhone, usually just the first page. I don't miss out on much that I want.

[quote name='DT778']They never banned people for that. They just threatened the possibility of a ban but haven't done so yet.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I was misinformed but I thought I read about that happening with the pre-Slim systems at some point. Maybe those people did something else to get banned, but honestly, at this point to me it wouldn't be worth risking having a $200 console banned to save $25 on a hard drive.

[quote name='graf1k']Maybe I was misinformed but I thought I read about that happening with the pre-Slim systems at some point. Maybe those people did something else to get banned, but honestly, at this point to me it wouldn't be worth risking having a $200 console banned to save $25 on a hard drive.[/QUOTE]
does any one know if i take the bestbuy ad to walmart if they will price match?

There's a price drop coming soon. Probably E3. First free controllers, now free $50 credit/gift cards. The drop is coming, mark my words.

Still, this is tempting with the 250 gb HDD.

[quote name='rich024']does any one know if i take the bestbuy ad to walmart if they will price match?[/QUOTE]

No, Wal-Mart doesn't match "gimmick" deals. Buy One Get One, Gift Card, etc deals.

If a price drop comes within the next 30 days, would BB or Amazon honor the adjustment (ex: refund the $50 or whatever the drop is) just like they do on anything else that drops in price within the 30 day window of purchasing?

My 360 shipped yesterday. $50 credit came this morning. So did the new 360 (thank you, Amazon Prime). Just ordered the 250 HDD for $39.99 after the credit was applied.

bread's done
Back