50 inch Plasma TV - $870 at Circuit City

venomshot629

CAG Veteran
AMAZING deal here. I actually saw it online when browsing for new TVs at or around $1000, and was disappointed to see that on average 50 inch LCDs start at around $1300 and up. Then I see this gem; the Element Electronics PLX5002B.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Elem...sem/rpsm/oid/186296/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

If you check out the website, it will say $999. I was okay with that, so I ordered it for in-store pickup. Well, when I walk in to finish the transaction, they tell me it's actually discounted in-store, totaling $870.96 for the TV. They refunded my $129.03 on the spot and loaded this monsterous TV into my car.

Plasma widescreen display, 720P, 15,000:1 Contrast ratio with plenty of A/V inputs should be enough to satisfy a gamer in need of an amazingly priced new TV. I've gotta say, this is a steal...The ONLY thing so far that is not good about this deal, is the box it comes in is HUGE!!! I'm 6'3" and I was intimidated by it when it rolled out. They actually had to unbox it for me for it to even fit in my step-parent's minivan in the back row, with the seats out.

Other than that though, this is one of the best deals I've seen in a long time...

To put this into perspective, the next best price you will get for a flat panel HDTV is $800, the average price for 32 inch HDTVs. Then it jumps up to around $900-$1000 average price for 37 inch, and $1000-$1300 average price for 42 inch TVs. 50 inches starting at $1300 and up usually.

[quote name='venomshot629']To put this into perspective, the next best price you will get for a flat panel HDTV is $800, the average price for a 32 inch TV. Then it jumps up to around $900-$1000 for 37 inch, and $1000-$1300 for 42 inch TVs.[/quote]

Not knocking your deal, because $900 for a 50-inch plasma is nice, even for an off brand, but your numbers are pretty far off base. You can find a nice 42-inch Olevia for under $800.

No prob. I just looked through Circuit City's site for other "good deals" and averaged out the prices. I was aware there are other deals for TVs, somewhere out there in teh Internetz, but for $70 more dollars than one of the cheapest 42 inch LCD TVs you mentioned, I'm sold on the 50 inch Plasma. :D

I'll change the original post to say "average best price".

And Olevia's an awesome brand imo even though it's off brand.. but it's always getting awesome ratings.. hell i recently purchased 2 37" olevia's just the past black friday for around 600 each. now they're back at 799 i think.

btw OP great deal..

Thanks; I don't know how long it's gonna last or how long it's been in effect, but the few places around me are going out of stock on it pretty quick.

Did somebody just say nice and olevia in the same sentence? Those TVs (plasma and LCD) have almost twice the return rate of vizio.

[quote name='probablysober']Didn't someone in another thread warn people away from Elements?[/quote]

I have 2 Elements now, 0 complaints and hundreds of dollars saved.

1st a 32 inch LCD, 2nd this 50 inch plasma. So where one person "warns" another person praises. You usually hear from people complaining more than people thanking and praising though... :roll:

Just the way things work. This TV works perfectly and looks great, physically and picture quality.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']if ur gonna go off brand, at least go with vizio, olevia, or westinghouse[/quote]

Aye. Of those, I recommend Olevia. In totality, my vote goes to Samsung. But yes, for off-brands, those three seem to be the most reputable.

[quote name='JustBlaze']details? the link points towards a totally different tv/deal.. thanks[/quote]

No, it's the same deal. It works o any TV $999 and up. The LG I got was on sale for $999 the week I bought it; now it's up to $1299.

$999
-$300 from canceled DirecTV
-$100 from PS3 return
-$100 from HD-DVD player
-$100 from Home theater return

Total $399.

[quote name='venomshot629']AMAZING deal here. I actually saw it online when browsing for new TVs at or around $1000, and was disappointed to see that on average 50 inch LCDs start at around $1300 and up. Then I see this gem; the Element Electronics PLX5002B.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Elem...sem/rpsm/oid/186296/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

If you check out the website, it will say $999. I was okay with that, so I ordered it for in-store pickup. Well, when I walk in to finish the transaction, they tell me it's actually discounted in-store, totaling $870.96 for the TV. They refunded my $129.03 on the spot and loaded this monsterous TV into my car.

Plasma widescreen display, 720P, 15,000:1 Contrast ratio with plenty of A/V inputs should be enough to satisfy a gamer in need of an amazingly priced new TV. I've gotta say, this is a steal...The ONLY thing so far that is not good about this deal, is the box it comes in is HUGE!!! I'm 6'3" and I was intimidated by it when it rolled out. They actually had to unbox it for me for it to even fit in my step-parent's minivan in the back row, with the seats out.

Other than that though, this is one of the best deals I've seen in a long time...

To put this into perspective, the next best price you will get for a flat panel HDTV is $800, the average price for 32 inch HDTVs. Then it jumps up to around $900-$1000 average price for 37 inch, and $1000-$1300 average price for 42 inch TVs. 50 inches starting at $1300 and up usually.[/quote]

I got this same TV from Circuit City almost a month ago for $680.37 (after tax).

This is from slickdeals:

Buyers be aware. Syntax-Brillian, the maker of Olevia LCD TV, is in real trouble. It is declared "Deficient and Delinquent". Stocks dropped to $0.73 (02/27/08).

Additionally, two class action lawsuit (here and here) were filed against the company's officers and directors for failed to disclose and misrepresented the material adverse facts of the company.

I wonder who is going to do all the after sales services and the warranty after their bankruptcy?

------------

Thread continues w/ quite a few people saying it's pretty common for these tv's to go out after a year (or earlier).

my personal preference for the "off-brand" HDTV's is Vizio. I've had one for a while, and so have 2 of my friends, no problems, great picture, great price (my 37" LCD was about 600 shipped, my friends 42" was about 800 after rebates)

check out buy.com for some pretty sweet deals on TV's (they have a few 42's plasmas for under 1000 with free shipping)

[quote name='InvaderZim']This is from slickdeals:

Buyers be aware. Syntax-Brillian, the maker of Olevia LCD TV, is in real trouble. It is declared "Deficient and Delinquent". Stocks dropped to $0.73 (02/27/08).

Additionally, two class action lawsuit (here and here) were filed against the company's officers and directors for failed to disclose and misrepresented the material adverse facts of the company.

I wonder who is going to do all the after sales services and the warranty after their bankruptcy?

------------

Thread continues w/ quite a few people saying it's pretty common for these tv's to go out after a year (or earlier).[/quote]

The lawsuits filed are by shareholders about them misrepresenting their stock availability and such. It's not a lawsuit based on a product defect of any kind.

I should also point out that Element uses the same manufacturers as Polaroid, and in some areas (iirc) LG. Most people don't realise that very few TVs are really OEM, and most offbrands were intended to be someone else's product (rebranding).

[quote name='InvaderZim']
[/quote]

All of the people who are "highly recommending" Olevia over other "off brands"... lmao. :applause:

bread's done
Back