50% off all Strategy First games

RockMySocks10

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Get any and all Strategy First games for half off through September 7th on Steam.

Space Empires IV Deluxe, Dangerous Waters, Jagged Alliance 2, Disciples II Gold, Jagged Alliance 2 / Disciples II Gold Combo, Birth of America, Iron Warriors, Space Empires V,Classic Naval Combat Pack, Complete Naval Combat Pack, Ghost Master, Vegas - Make It Big, FlatOut, Making History: The Calm and The Storm, Space Empires IV and V Pack, Ducati World Championship, Alien Shooter: Vengeance, Culpa Innata, DarkStar One, Jack Keane, Sacred Gold, Exodus From the Earth, Perimeter 2, SlamIt Pinball: Big Score, SFI Complete Pack, BC Kings, Port Royale 2, Ankh - Heart of Osiris, Ankh - Battle of the Gods, The Ankh Pack

Sacred was a decent game back when it came out, but it had sub-standard graphics in 2004. I don't know if I'd even be willing to throw $5 at it through when I could just play a D2 mod like Median when I'm in the mood for that type of game.

I remember liking Ghost Master quite a bit, definately worth $2.50 if I still didn't have a hard copy somewhere.

[quote name='Burchamj']any good ones?[/QUOTE]

Jagged Alliance
Disciples II
the Disciples II/JA2 Pack (duh)
Sacred

they each are great games and include their expansion packs (or 3, in DiscII's case)

They had a 50% off sale for SFI titles in April, but Ankh, BC Kings, and Port Royale 2 weren't added yet. Think I may pick up PR2.
Also, as of this writing, the "SFI Complete Pack" is MIA. If there are several games you're thinking about getting from them, I'd wait and see if they put it back up.
-----
Just noticed they say that "Alien Shooter: Vengeance" is part of the sale, too. That title is no longer published by SFI and isn't even offered on Steam anymore (replaced with the modified Alien Shooter 2 - Reloaded). lol

[quote name='phragit']I remember liking Ghost Master quite a bit, definately worth $2.50 if I still didn't have a hard copy somewhere.[/QUOTE]
I agree 100%, anyone who doesn't have Ghost Master needs to pick it up, especially since it's only $2.50.

I like Slamit Pinball but I think I am the only person in the world who does.

[quote name='pasko']IMO, none[/QUOTE]
Jagged Alliance, Disciples, and Flatout say "hi."

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Flatout say "hi."[/QUOTE]

Just noticed that the next two Flatout games now have a different publisher. Glad I got the complete pack when I did.

thanks for the heads up. Picked up Slamit: Pinball. 2.50 is an instant buy for pinball games IMO.

I'm getting the space empires pack, port royale 2, and ghost master for myself ($15 total)

Getting the pinball game for the wife.

[quote name='gamer1233']I would get the pinball game but apparently the developers has not received any money from strategy first.[/QUOTE]
Wow, after checking into what you said, it seems like Strategy First have a history of doing this.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=896604
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_First

[quote name='Wikipedia']
Strategy First has had conflict with Introversion Software. The company was distributing copies of Introversion's title Uplink entitled Uplink: Hacker Elite. However, after filing for bankruptcy, Strategy First suspended paying royalties to Introversion, already owing them tens of thousands of dollars.[1] Introversion severed its ties with the company.
Former Strategy First developer Legend Studios also reported a conflict culminating in a press release issued February 11, 2005 where they claimed the publisher "breached the Software Publishing and Distribution Agreement", and that "we have not receive a single sales report, payments for royalties and they practically have not fulfilled a single point in our agreement."[2]
In a postmortem article about the development of Galactic Civilizations II, Stardock founder Brad Wardell stated, regarding the original title, that "Publisher Strategy First filed for bankruptcy without paying a significant portion of the royalties we were owed."[3] Gaming news sites have also reported conflicts involving Strategy First, such as a news item by gaming industry site Gamasutra that reported developer BattleGoat Studios co-founder George Geczy stating that "We had to give them 50 cents off the dollar just to get our money out of them."[4]
[/quote]

Guess I won't be buying any of their games from now on.

Sale was supposed to end yesterday, but SFI titles are still showing 50% and Steam just added the Strategy First Complete Pack - $49.99 under the sale.

The complete pack even includes Flatout 2 & Flatout:UC which are published by Zoo Publishing and aren't 50% off. (The graphic also still touts the non-existent 'Alien Shooter:Vengeance")

[quote name='cheapo72']Sale was supposed to end yesterday, but SFI titles are still showing 50% and Steam just added the Strategy First Complete Pack - $49.99 under the sale.

The complete pack even includes Flatout 2 & Flatout:UC which are published by Zoo Publishing and aren't 50% off. (The graphic also still touts the non-existent 'Alien Shooter:Vengeance")[/QUOTE]

seriously fuck you Steam, I just caved and bought a couple of the games yesterday :bomb: only spent about $30 but I would have happily spent $50 to get everything

[quote name='doodofdoods']I bet these will be 75% off for steam's black friday sale.[/QUOTE]

I can't recall, does Steam usually have a Black Friday sale?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I can't recall, does Steam usually have a Black Friday sale?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this as well...I don't remember if there was one or not. All I know is that they have a massive holiday sale that goes on for nearly a week.

They didn't have a Black Friday sale last year. But they do have the huge holiday sale. I think it goes from Christmas until New Years.

bread's done
Back