50% off almost every game in the GOG catalogue

My gosh. This is insanity, I know everyone always says that PC gamers get games cheap, but this is even more insane than Steam Sales. >.<

I'm finally going to get into GOG, I think. Fallout, Myst, Broken Sword, Baldur's Gate...

I'm too young to have played most of these titles, anyone want to make some recommendations for the kids? :D

Thanks for the heads up! I think I might finally re-purchase Ultima VII.

What did you pick up, Robotron? You might enlighten me to some gems I missed. I don't plan to buy much, but you might remind me (or others) of something.

[quote name='Booyakz']My gosh. This is insanity, I know everyone always says that PC gamers get games cheap, but this is even more insane than Steam Sales. >.<

I'm finally going to get into GOG, I think. Fallout, Myst, Broken Sword, Baldur's Gate...

I'm too young to have played most of these titles, anyone want to make some recommendations for the kids? :D[/QUOTE]

There are many legendary PC titles in their library. I'm sure I missed some gems, but at a glance I compiled this list:

Another World (Action / Adventure)
Baldur's Gate series (RPG)
Betrayal at Krondor (RPG)
Beyond Good & Evil (Action / Adventure)
Broken Sword series (Adventure)
Crusader series (Action)
Duke Nukem 3D (FPS)
Dungeon Keeper series (Strategy)
Fallout series (RPG)
Freespace series (Space Sim)
Gabriel Knight series (Adventure)
Heroes of Might & Magic series (Strategy)
Icewind Dale series (RPG)
Jagged Alliance series (Strategy)
King's Quest series (Adventure)
Little Big Adventure series (Action / Adventure)
The Longest Journey (Adventure)
Oddworld series (Action / Adventure / Platform, FPS)
Outcast (Action / Adventure)
Planescape: Torment (RPG)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Action / Adventure)
Psychonauts (Action / Adventure / Platform)
Sanitarium (Adventure / Horror)
SimCity 2000 (Simulation)
Space Quest series (Adventure)
Star Control 2 (Action / Strategy)
Syberia series (Adventure)
Ultima series (RPG)
Wing Commander series (Space Combat)
Zork series (Adventure)

If you're looking for just a few things, two of the most highly-regarded and widely-recommended games would be:

Planescape: Torment
The Longest Journey

I haven't played them for many years, but I have very fond memories of the Crusader games; some of the best action-based titles ever on the PC. For $3 a piece, I'm probably going to have to pick them up...

Never used GOG, and I own a ton of the titles on sale, but I'm almost willing to pay for them again if this service is more convenient than me tracking down the CDs and hoping it's not a pain in the butt to set them up. I definitely recommend Raptor: Call of the Shadows. I had it back in the DOS days and really enjoyed it. It's a top-down shooter the ends up getting fairly difficult, though many of the weapons you can buy through the store are crazy overpowered.

That's quite a list you've compiled. I'll look through them and see which ones interest me most.

I do wonder if these old RPGs are worth my time though, knowing that they may take me hundreds of hours. Fallout 3 was over 100 hours, are 1, 2 and Tactics of similar length? Would I be better off picking up a bunch of shorter games (Action-Adventure, Adventure and FPS)? Would anyone prefer playing the older RPGs to modern ones?

Basically, how have these games aged?

Can any of these games be activated on Steam? Psychonauts for instance which everyone should get by the way. It's a Steamplay title I believe.

bread's done
Back