50% Off Playstation Move Accessories at Best Buy

The Ebbtide

CAGiversary!
Link

No Move bundles are included, but you can get some of the accessories for decent prices, especially if you have Gift Cards from their trade-in program.

Looks like it's good for online and in-store.

great deal for those that missed stocking up during the gamestop sale. i also suggest picking up auditorium on psn this week for $3.

hopefully best buy puts resistance 3 on sale (in store) since the new gamer issue comes w/ a resistance 3 coupon.

Picked up the Sharp Shooter yesterday for 20. Missed it when Kmart had their half off so I couldn't pass it up this time.

Click the link and find out[quote name='SuperMario64']Is the Playstation Eye discounted? That never seems to be discounted.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else get the feeling that the Move is going to be dropped? Keep seeing all these sales but there really isn't enough software support for it. Last game I bought was killzone 3 and there haven't been any party/sport games or even a good bowling game :(

[quote name='jdelrio22']Anyone else get the feeling that the Move is going to be dropped? Keep seeing all these sales but there really isn't enough software support for it. Last game I bought was killzone 3 and there haven't been any party/sport games or even a good bowling game :([/QUOTE]

i think it will which is why ive been waiting it out if they dont come out with that scorcery game thats a clear sign to me it definelty is falling off.

sony should get the guys that made magicka on pc to do a big budget magicka move game. buy them out or fund them. magicka was awesome and the gameplay would be so sweet w/ move.

[quote name='jdelrio22']Anyone else get the feeling that the Move is going to be dropped? Keep seeing all these sales but there really isn't enough software support for it. Last game I bought was killzone 3 and there haven't been any party/sport games or even a good bowling game :([/QUOTE]

It might be, but it seems more like retailers are trying to clear stock because Sony is trying to get away from selling the Move parts individually and focus on bundles with the two new ones coming out soon next month and possibly the "Mayhem edition" bundle after that.

[quote name='PublikDefender']sony should get the guys that made magicka on pc to do a big budget magicka move game. buy them out or fund them. magicka was awesome and the gameplay would be so sweet w/ move.[/QUOTE]

as long as they give them plenty of time to iron out a lot of the bugs I'd be in full support

Magicka was buggy as hell at launch

Maybe Sony informed retailers they're coming out with the Move 2 or Move w/ Move Plus attachment. I mean, they already copied Nintendo, so why not copy the motion plus thing too.;)

I hate to say it because I'm a Move fan, but the Move must be dead.

Proof? Major platform release Ratchet and Clank not marketed with Move support.

Done. Game Over. Another pocketfull of plastic rendered useless.

Broke down and bought a Sharpshooter as well as the pistol shooting attachment. Sharpshooter I've used before and don't really like with FPS game where you have to aim the gun l/r/u/d to look, but it works good with rail shooters. I used it tonight on HOTD Overkill and the pump reload fits this game perfectly. Hopefully we'll get some more good shooters to use the Move motion controls.

I'm a big fan of Move titles because most of the games I own are free, or they were dirt cheap. I really can't wait for Sorcery to come out. I really want to play that. It looks really good.

for anyone still considering getting a PS3 Move, the Spots Champions bundle (game+move+eye camera) is $50 this weekend at Fry's

I just recently picked up a Move (haven't even used it yet) and have a few games I plan on playing with it (Tiger 12, Move Heroes, Heavy Rain). Is the Nav controller a worthwhile pickup. At $15, the price is right, but I would prefer not to even spend $15 if it doesn't make the experience any better.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I just recently picked up a Move (haven't even used it yet) and have a few games I plan on playing with it (Tiger 12, Move Heroes, Heavy Rain). Is the Nav controller a worthwhile pickup. At $15, the price is right, but I would prefer not to even spend $15 if it doesn't make the experience any better.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the navigation controller is worth buying.. unless you don't mind using the dualshock controller which is very uncomfortable in combination with the Move.

Cool, thanks. I def don't want to be using the DS controller. Too bad Sony didn't pack these in with the Move bundles, since the whole point of it is to not use the DS controller..or so I thought.

While the navigation controller feels great in conjunction with the move controller, I regret getting it even at half price on the Gamestop sale. I would have preferred to get a second Move controller instead since one can just hold the Dualshock 3 in the other hand. The navigation controller offers ergonomics, for the left analog, D-pad, L1, L2, and easy access to X & circle (I don't think the left analog stick is clickable for L3, can't remember at this time). I had thought the navigation controller would have its own Sixaxis, like how the Wii's nunchuck attachment also has waggle support, and i was disappointed to find that I can just hold a stock controller in my left hand as an (inexpensive non-purchase) alternative; however, with the nav controller I do have the option to use the Move in my left hand and the D-pad/left side of a Dualshock on my right.

Once I got the Move items, my validation purchases for the peripheral were Resident Evil 5 Gold, No More Heroes, and now House of the Dead Overkill. I hope the software for the peripheral hasn't dried up. I do welcome suggestions. I am considering Gal Gun and the Time Crisis (no sale prices found yet).

I am now considering a second Move controller from Best Buy for their rewards program and going akimbo dual wielding in House of the Dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Crono-00']While the navigation controller feels great in conjunction with the move controller, I regret getting it even at half price on the Gamestop sale. I would have preferred to get a second Move controller instead since one can just hold the Dualshock 3 in the other hand. The navigation controller offers ergonomics, for the left analog, D-pad, L1, L2, and easy access to X & circle (I don't think the left analog stick is clickable for L3, can't remember at this time). I had thought the navigation controller would have its own Sixaxis, like how the Wii's nunchuck attachment also has waggle support, and i was disappointed to find that I can just hold a stock controller in my left hand as an (inexpensive non-purchase) alternative; however, with the nav controller I do have the option to use the Move in my left hand and the D-pad/left side of a Dualshock on my right.

Once I got the Move items, my validation purchases for the peripheral were Resident Evil 5 Gold, No More Heroes, and now House of the Dead Overkill. I hope the software for the peripheral hasn't dried up. I do welcome suggestions. I am considering Gal Gun and the Time Crisis (no sale prices found yet).

I am now considering a second Move controller from Best Buy for their rewards program and going akimbo dual wielding in House of the Dead.[/QUOTE]

The navigation controller does have a clickable L3 button on the analog stick. I don't know if you've played them yet, but Infamous Festival of Blood has good move controls, and Infamous 2 will have move support added in an update soon. Dead Space Extraction is also a great choice. I suppose the value of convenience will vary between person to person, I personally can't stand using a dualshock in place of a navigation controller.

I am glad to hear that those Infamous titles have/will have support as well. I forgot about the RE games..I have both 4 & 5 on PSN and will be using Move with those as well.

Anything else worth playing? I will probably snag No More Heroes when I can find it in the 10-15 range.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I am glad to hear that those Infamous titles have/will have support as well. I forgot about the RE games..I have both 4 & 5 on PSN and will be using Move with those as well.

Anything else worth playing? I will probably snag No More Heroes when I can find it in the 10-15 range.[/QUOTE]

RE4 doesn't have move support sadly, I wish it did though.. they sort of did a lazy job with it. RE5 gold edition has great move controls. I haven't gotten around to trying more move titles.

I decided to spring for a Navigation controller since I had $5 in RZ credit. I figure I'll use it to play RUSE or one of these other move games I haven't really touched at all.

Looks like I got everything on that Best Buy link from Gamestop and Kmart's Move sale, except the Blu ray remote. I only have maybe 5 or 6 Blu-ray discs/movies. Is it worth it buying the remote?

I got a regular edition of Heavy Rain and I'm interested in using my Move controllers with that game. I take it I have to download something off the PSN for it, right?

Also, going to get Auditorium once my wireless internet is fixed. I could go wired, but don't feel like lugging my PS3 setup upstairs and using a short Ethernet cable again.

[quote name='sunghost']RE4 doesn't have move support sadly, I wish it did though.. they sort of did a lazy job with it. RE5 gold edition has great move controls. I haven't gotten around to trying more move titles.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I would have figured that was a slam dunk due to them already making a motion version when they did the Wii, on top of implementing them into 5. I didn't anticipate Code Veronica having them, but man, I cannot believe they didn't for 4. :(

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Looks like I got everything on that Best Buy link from Gamestop and Kmart's Move sale, except the Blu ray remote. I only have maybe 5 or 6 Blu-ray discs/movies. Is it worth it buying the remote?

I got a regular edition of Heavy Rain and I'm interested in using my Move controllers with that game. I take it I have to download something off the PSN for it, right?

Also, going to get Auditorium once my wireless internet is fixed. I could go wired, but don't feel like lugging my PS3 setup upstairs and using a short Ethernet cable again.[/QUOTE]

IMO, if you do not use your PS3 for movies much, I would not get the remote. The controller works well enough. The only reason I got it is because my family uses it for movies a lot and they do not want to have to use the controller.

What is wrong with your wireless network, btw?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Looks like I got everything on that Best Buy link from Gamestop and Kmart's Move sale, except the Blu ray remote. I only have maybe 5 or 6 Blu-ray discs/movies. Is it worth it buying the remote?

Also, going to get Auditorium once my wireless internet is fixed. I could go wired, but don't feel like lugging my PS3 setup upstairs and using a short Ethernet cable again.[/QUOTE]

If you can get this PS3 remote for free, then go for it. I actually got rid of mine because I thought I had too many ps3 controllers. I think theres a new version coming at the end of the month. The Heavy Rain move compatibility comes from a game update. Its a pretty large download if I remember correctly.

[quote name='Yanksfan']IMO, if you do not use your PS3 for movies much, I would not get the remote. The controller works well enough. The only reason I got it is because my family uses it for movies a lot and they do not want to have to use the controller.

What is wrong with your wireless network, btw?[/QUOTE]
My PS3 won't connect to the Internet unless it is connected with a cable. Not just my PS3. Same thing with my desktop in another room that uses a wireless adapter.

[quote name='kingsnuff']If you can get this PS3 remote for free, then go for it. I actually got rid of mine because I thought I had too many ps3 controllers. I think theres a new version coming at the end of the month. The Heavy Rain move compatibility comes from a game update. Its a pretty large download if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

I see. I don't have an gift certificates/cards to best buy and stealing it is out of the question. So I guess, I won't be picking up the Blu-ray remote at this time. New version of the Blu-ray remote?! Didn't know about that, might really have to hold off just to see what's the difference.

Thanks on the Heavy Rain tip. That game is still sitting in my backlog and was trying to figure out, which would be the best way to play.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']My PS3 won't connect to the Internet unless it is connected with a cable. Not just my PS3. Same thing with my desktop in another room that uses a wireless adapter.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a wireless modem or does the modem connect to a router?

Thanks for the heads up. Amazon was sold out of Navs by time I got there. Might pick up a second Sharpshooter as well.

EDIT: opted out of Sharpshooter number 2. Gonna go with the Shooting Attachment for games where I might want the nav controller separate.

I'm tempted to go pick up a nunchuk. Only problem is I don't remember the last time I used my Move controller. I don't think I've used it in 2011. I picked up a Move controller only, because I already had the camera. I used it to play demoes, but I've never bought a game for it. I figured a game would come out that I wanted to play, but nothing has.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Just throwing this out there. Anyone want sport champions for 8 shipped in Like new condition, PM me.[/QUOTE]
While we're on this, I also have the Tiger Move Bundle for $65 if anyone is interested, and I'm always willing to take offers.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Tempting... except for the fact that I'm left handed and these controls bone me hard.[/QUOTE]

I may not have phrased it right in my earlier post, but I blame game designers rather than the controls. Like the Wiimote/Nunchuck, the Move and Nav are relatively symmetrical ... excepton being the square and x stay on the left while triangle and circle stay on the right, but again, I blame designers for that. Games should have remappable controls. Same happened with Link from the Zelda games, he was a lefty until the Wii. So, it is not the controller in most cases but the games themselves, which requires some reasearch to find if it is right for you.

[quote name='sunghost']The navigation controller does have a clickable L3 button on the analog stick. I don't know if you've played them yet, but Infamous Festival of Blood has good move controls, and Infamous 2 will have move support added in an update soon. Dead Space Extraction is also a great choice. I suppose the value of convenience will vary between person to person, I personally can't stand using a dualshock in place of a navigation controller.[/QUOTE]

Very cool to know the new PSN title supports the Move well as well as 2 after an upcoming update (this I haveta confirm). I thought the Dead Space game was an interactive graphic novel, I will have to look into that one if not.

I think I read the move update to Heavy Rain added nothing or made it more annoying, which means it would not be a Move title to me. A game should have the Move controls enhance its experience, otherwise I prefer to just use the stock controllers which I love so much. I am still not a fan of motion gaming, but some games are fun when designed for the controls.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']My PS3 won't connect to the Internet unless it is connected with a cable. Not just my PS3. Same thing with my desktop in another room that uses a wireless adapter.[/QUOTE]
You can sometimes eliminate the connection issues on the PS3 by doing port forwarding on your modem/router. You may also want to set up a static IP address for your PS3.

Here's how to do that: http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm

[quote name='jdelrio22']Anyone else get the feeling that the Move is going to be dropped? Keep seeing all these sales but there really isn't enough software support for it. Last game I bought was killzone 3 and there haven't been any party/sport games or even a good bowling game :([/QUOTE]they're trying to get move in as many households as possible for this xmas season to clear out the remaining game stock, new versions of sport champions & the yearly casual titles are coming. The main problem with move is there's no AAA must have titles yet but Sony has already hinted at continuing move to PS4 so it's going nowhere. Sony confirmed 8 million moves back in April along side 50 million PS3's & this was before the 50% off sales. So your at close to 20% off PS3's owners with a move(according to the #'s) now if they could just get a FF move, Highlander, Star Wars, MGS move only game that can be bundled along with a casual title a la what PS Move heroes was "supposed" to be they'd be much stronger.
http://gamer.blorge.com/2011/04/15/sony-8-million-moves-and-50-million-ps3s-sold-worldwide/

[quote name='bmulligan']I hate to say it because I'm a Move fan, but the Move must be dead.
Proof? Major platform release Ratchet and Clank not marketed with Move support.
Done. Game Over. Another pocketfull of plastic rendered useless.[/QUOTE]there also phasing out the sports champion bundle in favor of the TW one but I think there will be 2-4 holiday variations & 2 that'll continue throughout early 2012.^^^
edit 11/15 here's the new bundle w/LBP2 "complete" edition
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306776

[quote name='buckythekat']is the Sharpshooter really worth it even at half price?[/QUOTE]if your into shooters which pretty much will be a staple of them going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anybody has a solution to solve the drift problem with the aiming cursor (I've tried everything I've found on the internet), please post it. I'm so fed up with it losing calibration. Hitting the select button will pop it back to centered, but it just drifts off again in no time. It's particularly bad with HOTD Overkill.

I had the same problem with Heavy Rain. Every time I started the game the first time it would be un-useable until I turned the console off and restarted. Then it was fine.

I don't have the game anymore so I can't try this - Use the option in in the Media Cross Bar. Do this before starting the game. Worth a shot, eh?

bread's done
Back