50% Off Sale at Amazon

$25.70 for X-Men Destiny is sorta tempting but I think I may hold off until it hits $20 or under. $1.75 for Dark Void is hilarious though.

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']Is Alpha Protocol worth playing?[/QUOTE]

I bought it on steam a while back. Sat through the 9 or so gig install, played it for 10 minutes and couldn't bare it.

I'm sure there is a good game underneath, its just not executed well.. at all.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Anyone else double take at the $1.75 :)

Nothing for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did :) I clicked on the link...I was fooled.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Anyone else double take at the $1.75 :)

Nothing for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did as well. Was scrolling down then I saw Dark Void for that price, I was like what? lol. Anyways nothing for me as well. Was thinking about biting on Blood Stone, Splinter Cell, and Dragon Age 2 but I'll just wait for now.

I always wanted to try Rise of the Argonauts but when I add it to the cart, it's twenty bucks and some change - not nine bucks. Am I missing something?

[quote name='FWF Vash']$25.70 for X-Men Destiny is sorta tempting but I think I may hold off until it hits $20 or under.[/QUOTE]
Having tried Destiny myself for the day, I highly discourage doing anything more than just renting it

Not a bad deal for the faceplate, at all, if you're into all that. I think I have 1-2 in a box somewhere, but for $4, why not pick up a few more? Limit is 5, if you're wondering.

X-men Destiny is fun and easy points , took it out from my library and in a few hours of playing got about 875 out of 1000 . $15 is fair , wish they would do a proper legends reboot .

[quote name='earvcunanan']For those interested:

Final Fantasy XIII Faceplate for $4.12 - sold by Amazon

I thought it was rare or something.[/QUOTE]

Is that for the old Xbox, or the new one? Or does it not matter.

[quote name='Blade']Unfortunately, I've seen all of these games for much cheaper. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's kinda amusing to see games like Bioshock 2 on here when it's been hovering around $10 new for quite a while now. Sure, they might be selling it for 50% off the "real" price of $19.99, but...

[quote name='valenor the bored']I'm interested in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented edition at 35.04 for xbox 360. Will it go cheaper?[/QUOTE]

It was 30 @ newegg for about two hours a few days ago and then 35 after that. Regular edition was 20.

I got it for 25 on a LD that sold out in about .02 seconds, but yeah....35 is a sweet price for that CE. It's awesome.

I actually enjoyed that game far more than I thought I would. It's probably one of the best games I've played this year, though some of that might be because I went in with low expectations. However, I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it. It's like a Splinter Cell game had a baby with Mass Effect.

Alpha Protocol is great for that price. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Dungeon Siege III for $18 is really tempting ...

Alpha Protocol was a lot better than I thought it would be. It's dumb in some places but the gameplay is practically Syphon Filter RPG. I thought the boss fights were pretty cleverly done, too.

It could probably be had for cheaper on Steam but if Xbox is your poison you could do worse.

Great game. Reason why most people give up on the it is because they see its a shooting game and expect every hit to register. They dont realize its still an RPG thats based on dice roll hits. Also it has THE best dialogue mechanic. It actually affects the entire story, not just one part of it.

I enjoyed Alpha Protocol after tempering expectations. Lots of watercooler moments, and branching story. I like RPG elements and I could craft a character that excels where I want him to.
I recommend it.

[quote name='WindFuryCritz']Is that for the old Xbox, or the new one? Or does it not matter.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the new 360 doesn't even support a faceplate of any kind. I'd be amazed if they bothered after the less-than-spectacular reception of faceplates from the console's launch onward.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']Saw the @xboxsupport tweet this and didn't see it posted elsewhere.

There's a handful of games (insert: too many to list separately) and a few are listed elsewhere in separate threads so hopefully this is helpful to some and not redundant

Linky[/QUOTE]

Pretty redundant.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311138

Between Best Buy and Amazon's deals, the posters here have lost any remaining discipline: in the last day or so this site has outstripped the ability for mods to keep it organized. One needs to track an unnecessary number of threads to stay current. So inefficient. And so totally gamer-like. :)

[quote name='SINNED']Great game. Reason why most people give up on the it is because they see its a shooting game and expect every hit to register. They dont realize its still an RPG thats based on dice roll hits. Also it has THE best dialogue mechanic. It actually affects the entire story, not just one part of it.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't say it's THE best but they do a lot more to bring previous choices back later than other RPGs.

And the RPG stat-based shooting mechanics are silly and unnecessary. There's a reason most people didn't like that mechanic.

Honestly, it's one of my favorite games of this generation. It is definitely a flawed game, and that showed, but I loved the story and the RPG elements.

bread's done
Back