50% Off Sale at Amazon

[quote name='gantt']Pretty redundant.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311138

Between Best Buy and Amazon's deals, the posters here have lost any remaining discipline: in the last day or so this site has outstripped the ability for mods to keep it organized. One needs to track an unnecessary number of threads to stay current. So inefficient. And so totally gamer-like. :)[/QUOTE]

Redundancy is a good thing. I would of never checked out that Mega Amazon thread, if not for the 50% topic on here. I prefer the more specific topics than having to read through all the posts to see what the deals are. Plus the games I picked up weren't even in the Mega Amazon op post. Picked up FEAR3 and Red Faction Armageddon!!! Paid only 6 bucks since i earned the $30 gift cards!!! Thanks op, keep the redundancy going!!!

[quote name='Namerson']Still can't decide if I should bite on Rage being $22.48[/QUOTE]

no. just see how brink was on sale for 4.99 at best buy last week. rage will be another that will drop in no time. if not 4.99, at least 9.99. both were 2 games that were hyped up for me and totally was not worth the full 60 or even 20 bucks.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']i enjoyed alpha protocol. i grabbed legend of heroes tits, majin and the forsaken $10, dungeon seige 3 $18, el shaddai - $20[/QUOTE]

el shaddia and dungeon seige 3 is so tempting. hmm.

I actually saw this deal two days ago and bought Mortal Kombat and Tropico 4. The rest of the deals are not great. Best Buy seems to have better deals these last few days on most of these games.

[quote name='deletion']I prefer the more specific topics than having to read through all the posts to see what the deals are.[/QUOTE]

Then you should be advocating individual deal threads rather than a general sale thread like this one. Some of these 50% off games are true deals, some are not.

I generally support the one deal/one thread approach because it's easy to miss deals in catch-all threads like this one. The Best Buy thread is an exception, though, because there have been so many valid deals at Best Buy the last couple of days that it would swamp the Deals forum if there was a thread for each one.

[quote name='Namerson']Still can't decide if I should bite on Rage being $22.48[/QUOTE]
It will be one of those $10 games you see some time in a few weeks or maybe months. So if ur itching to play it then maybe? but if you have other games than waiting won't be too bad

Rage is a brick in a river. It will keep going down. If you want to play it today get it. If it's just going in your back log wait.

[quote name='DeathDream']I say no.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mr_bungle']I say yes[/QUOTE]

I say maybe.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']Damn, I wish they would add Xbox 360 or PS3 version of NBA Jam to that list. I do not need/want the Wii version.[/QUOTE]

No you don't.... the first iteration is garbage. Just buy the XBLA version.

[quote name='mgford11']No you don't.... the first iteration is garbage. Just buy the XBLA version.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, yes. My 99cent iPhone version is about as good as the first PS360 release.

It's NBA Jam, but it was always meant to be a XBLA/PSN game.

[quote name='gantt']Then you should be advocating individual deal threads rather than a general sale thread like this one. Some of these 50% off games are true deals, some are not.

I generally support the one deal/one thread approach because it's easy to miss deals in catch-all threads like this one. The Best Buy thread is an exception, though, because there have been so many valid deals at Best Buy the last couple of days that it would swamp the Deals forum if there was a thread for each one.[/QUOTE]

yea, the one deal threads are great. game, price and where. too much to dig through.

[quote name='integralsmatic']FF13 faceplate for $4 and change. Yes please![/QUOTE]

Tempted BUT:

1. I have an elite and the white faceplate would like funky on it IMO.
2. I have FF13 for the PS3.

LOL

[quote name='simmias']RB3 midi adapter for $15, FF13 faceplate for $4. Some gems hidden in here.[/QUOTE]

Good call. Man I was sad when I missed the faceplate at 9.99, but this is at $4ish this is a done deal.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Tempted BUT:

1. I have an elite and the white faceplate would like funky on it IMO.
2. I have FF13 for the PS3.

LOL[/QUOTE]

Ah it works out for me. I have the LE edition FF 13 Xbox. So it pretty much completes it.

[quote name='valenor the bored']I'm interested in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented edition at 35.04 for xbox 360. Will it go cheaper?[/QUOTE]
I hate i missed it in the lightning deal for ps3 (at very close to this price, I think). It will probably sell out before it gets much cheaper (the Augmented version), so I would jump on it (I bought the dlc for ps3 version during a price glitch, and have a save file there, too, or I'd order this).

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']Is Alpha Protocol worth playing?[/QUOTE]

Gameplay can be pretty broken but the game commits to your ability to shape the story more than any game ever released. Your decisions really do affect what happens. From boss fights happening or not to endings its fantastic. It is more than worth playing for that reason. And the gameplay is alright when it doesn't get buggy.

bread's done
Back