50% off select games and accessories at KB Toys (B&M)

TheHUZSG20

CAGiversary!
I work at Kb and we got a list of games that are getting added to the "yellow dot" promo. The yellow dot means the item is 50% off. The list is store specific so it only lists the games that we have in my store so there could be some on it that I do not list. It seems like if the version for one system is on there then it also applies to all systems but may not be listed because my store does not have it in stock for all systems. I will only post the stuff that will actually be worth posting(example:Kill Switch still has a regular price of $49.99 which would be $24.99, you could find it cheaper somewhere else). I will list the price of the game AFTER the 50% is taken off. They should start tomorrow Tuesday 30th.

PSX Namco museum 3 and 4: $7.49
PSX Grand Turismo 2:$7.49
PSX Crash Racing: $7.49
PSX MK Trilogy: $4.99
PSX Megaman 8: $4.99
PSX Atari Classics: $4.99
PSX Tall Unlimited: $4.99
PSX Megaman Legends: $4.99
PSX Tomb Raider 4: $9.99

PS2 Alter Echo: $9.99
PS2 XIII: $9.99
PS2 Virtual Fighter Evolution: $9.99
PS2 ATV Offroad Fury 2: $9.99
PS2 NHL 2004: $14.99
PS2 Crash Nitro Kart: $9.99

GC Metroid Prime: $9.99
GC F-Zero: $9.99
GC Super Monkey Ball 2: $9.99
GC MOH Rising Sun: $9.99
GC Billy Thatcher and the Giant Egg: $14.99
GC Spinx and the Mummy: $9.99
GC SSX 3: $9.99
GC Dave Mirra 2: $7.49
GC Zelda Wind waker: $9.99
GC Frogger adventure: $14.99
GC Nitro Kart: $9.99
GC 4X4 Evolution: $14.99

XB: NCAA 2004: $9.99
XB Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom: $19.99
XB LOTR Return of the King: $9.99
XB MOH Rising Sun: $9.99
XB SSX 3: $9.99
XB: Syberia: $9.99

GBA Final Fantasy Tactics advance: $17.49
GBA Digemon Battle Spirit 2: $14.99
GBA Crash Nitro Kart: $9.99
GBA Sword of Mana: $17.49

Accessories:
PS2 DVD Remote (sony one): $7.49
XB DVD kit (microsoft one): $4.99
GC Wavebird Controller:$17.49
PSX Sony Memory card: $3.99
-There are also a bunch of third party controlers on there that would be between $4.99-$9.99 after the 50%

Sorry the list isn't alphabetical, I just Copied it right from the list we got at work. Post any questions and I will try to answer them as best as possible.

**Edit: The games are not marked at these prices. They have the regular price tags on them and a yellow dot, the 50% comes off when it is rung up at the register.
-Also, these deals should be available at all KBs as long as they are not in the process of closing down.

Hmm, I wonder if my KB has Namco volume 4. I have N A M and O but no C. Could you pick me up volume 4 and I will gladly pay you 12.50 OP? If you can't thats cool too.

I think as long as your local KB has any of these games in stock it should be on the Yellow Dot promo. As far as all the "B & M" and "YMMV" goes I don't know what they mean so I don't know. (as you can see I don't post here much).

B&M means "brick and mortar," meaning the deals only apply to stores you can physically go to.

In other words, I want to know if it applies online or not. Those DVD packages are really damn tempting and I wish I could get both the PS2 and Xbox ones.

If it's not online, I might want to look into someone picking me up some...

I'll have to think about it, heh.

OP, if you don't mind or if its possible could you pick up the XBOX DVD playback kit for me? Maybe you made a typo and its supposed to be $14.99 (which is 50% off the normal $30) but if you didn't I would gladly pay $13 shipped for it. Let me know. Thanks.

The X-Box DVD kit is not a Typo. They got marked down to $9.99 a few months ago and still weren't selling. As for picking one up for you PM or IM me on AIM (The HUZSG20) and we'll talk.

The Yellow dot sale is national so these deals should be available at all KB's as long as they have the games specified in stock.

I got an Intec (I think) PS2 controller with the LCD screen for $17 a week or so ago when accessories were 20% off. Sadly, it's not battery operated or anything, it has its own AC adapter, and I was getting it to make my ps2/HDloader rig truly portable with this or to use with a PSone battery pack thingee.. now I have to run two items on a power converter But still might be nice for gaming sessions while the spouse is watching hour after hour of home improvement shows.

[quote name='epobirs']Too bad all the surviving KB locations are so far out of my way.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not driving 2 hours just to find out my KB doesn't have jack... if I were back "home" I'd be all about this, sadly I am not.

[quote name='TheHUZSG20']I think as long as your local KB has any of these games in stock it should be on the Yellow Dot promo. As far as all the "B & M" and "YMMV" goes I don't know what they mean so I don't know. (as you can see I don't post here much).[/quote]
Just for your information, hover your mouse over underlined items in posts and it'll explain what they mean.

How's the DVD playback with the Xbox? Can the receiver be in any of the controller ports? You can never have too many DVD players especially at that price.

OP, do you by any chance know if the ps2 dvd kits are the ones that come with an infrared reciever or not? I ordered a kit from circuit city once only to find out that it was made for new models of ps2 that had the IR receiver built in and therefore didn't come with the plug-in adapter I need. Do you know? Thanks.

Looks like I'll have to try stopping by KB today to see if I can pick up any of these deals. Good price on FF:TA, PS2 DVD remote, and the PSX memory card. F-Zero has a good price too.

The PS2 remotes we have in stock are the ones with the receiver. I am located in Philadelphia PA. Thanks for the info SteveMcQ, you learn something new everyday.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']How's the DVD playback with the Xbox? Can the receiver be in any of the controller ports? You can never have too many DVD players especially at that price.[/quote]

DVD playback with the XBox is great. AFAIK, it fully supports Dolby 5.1, DTS, etc. The receiver can be plugged into any of the ports, and can stay in there while you're playing Halo 2 with two other people ;)

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Hey Strider, what is your Avatar? It looks familiar to me?[/quote]

It's the boxart from the PAL version of Megaman 2.

Two of the three KB's in my area don't have FF:TA, and the other one's phone is busy. :(

If anyone scores an extra (or non-extra copy) of FF:TA, I'd be happy to pay for game + tax + shipping + whatever you thought your time was worth.

Well I did a quick scan of two of the remaining KB toys around me, one of them is closing and had very little left in terms of XBox accessories. The other was in a Mall and had no XBox accessories, so I guess that DVD remote for XBox shall remain out of my grasp...

Thanks OP! I've been meaning to build up my GC collection for awhile now. If my KBToys has it, I will definitely pick up Wind Waker, F-Zero GX, and Super Monkey Ball 2.

I checked the price of FFTA a few hours ago at a local store, it was about $34. I specifically asked about any gaming mark-downs, and the cashier said there's only a 10% game mark-down right now, nothing else.

I did manage to score the Xbox DVD remote package for $5 at the local K.B. store (Columbia, MD). There are a few bargains to be had out there, folks.

I just hit the KB at the Christiana Mall. Got the last Sword of Mana for $17.50. It was stickered $35 but rang up half off. They had no copies of FFTA or Wavebirds. I also hit the KB at the Concord Mall during my lunch break but they didn't have any of the above either.

I would really prefer to get FFTA. If anyone can find an extra FFTA but can't get Sword of Mana send me a PM and we can do a trade. Or I can trade for something else or buy it outright.

No luck at any of the KB toys in CT. I called a bunch of em and all are out of stock - for the XBox DVD Remote. That was all I was looking for so there may still be other deals out there.

Good luck

[quote name='borg20001']No luck at any of the KB toys in CT. I called a bunch of em and all are out of stock - for the XBox DVD Remote. That was all I was looking for so there may still be other deals out there.

Good luck[/quote]

you called every one in the state looking for the remote?!

Too bad all the KBs in the Portland, OR area already closed. The KB at Clackamas Town Center closed this weekend and I forgot to go! Gah!

bread's done
Back