50% Off Shipping on Video Games and Accessories at Thumbmonkey.com!

thumbmonkey

CAGiversary!
Hello again from Thumbmonkey!

My name is Katy and I represent Thumbmonkey.com. If you have seen our previous post you are aware of our website and some of the great prices we have to offer on video games and video game accessories. We have reevaluated our promotional offers in order to better reflect your desires here at CAG, and also what we think is fair as a company. Please be aware that though in some cases our shipping is on the moderately high side, our product pricing is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than you may be able to find elsewhere! You should find that our current CAG promotions will make taking a look at our website very much worth your while.

Here is what we are offering: 50% off shipping rates when you purchase ANY 1-4 items through www.thumbmonkey.com, and 75% off shipping rates when you purchase ANY 5 or more items! Only one coupon code can be redeemed per order, and they are NOT compatible with our google checkout feature or with purchases made through Thumbmonkey's Ebay store.

Edit for codes update:

Coupon code #1: CAG5014 (%50 off shipping 1-4 items)
Coupon code #2: CAG5075 (%75 off 5 of more items)
http://www.thumbmonkey.com

Give us a look and find out if there is anything you may be interested in! Also keep in mind that our stock is continuously being updated so if we don't have it now, we may have it soon!

Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment if you have any questions or opinions that you would like to share.

Katy

[quote name='thumbmonkey']We have reevaluated our promotional offers in order to better reflect your desires here at CAG, and also what we think is fair as a company.[/QUOTE]
Are you kidding me? You've "reevaluated" your offers to offer less than before?

[quote name='Damian']Are you kidding me? You've "reevaluated" your offers to offer less than before?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and apparently we are going to just let them modify the deal a bit and start a new thread each time.

$8.45 shipping for one item ($4.95 with coupon) and $14.75 shipping for 2 items ($9.20 with coupon) and everything is without a case.

No thanks, stick to ebay because that is clearly where you found your business model.

No one on this site wants to give some one business that lists used games as new. Don't be deceptive, you are not GameStop and have new opened games. Are you displaying the game cases on your website and losing them? Also if you have a business that uses mail order, mailing insurance is to cover your ass not the customers.

I don't see what the big deal is...sure they might suck at getting us to the good prices we want...but just add 4 crappy $.29 PC games and you have free shipping on the 1 game you want. Does it really take a CAG that long to figure it out? Not to mention insurance isn't added on, even though the website says it's necessary.

And they already said the boxes are damaged in the previous thread, thus why they don't bother with shipping them.

[quote name='Nephilim']OK, you posted this before and it was borderline SPAM and has been moved to the Graveyard. Cheapy approved that other thread, but this is the last straw for me.

Reported as :spam: :spam:[/quote]
The other thread was moved to the Graveyard because that particular deal (a coupon code) was dead. This thread presents a different (albeit similar) offer.

Nobody is under any obligation to participate in any deal, and we certainly can't regulate something as subjective as deal quality. "One man's trash is another man's treasure", as they say.

This poster has at least proved that they aren't spam, and the site doesn't seem to be a scam. Until either is true, they are allowed to post, with Cheapy's (discretionary) approval.

If you don't like a store's practices, then the easiest thing to do is to vote with your wallet.

[quote name='bassec']I don't see what the big deal is...sure they might suck at getting us to the good prices we want...but just add 4 crappy $.29 PC games and you have free shipping on the 1 game you want. Does it really take a CAG that long to figure it out? Not to mention insurance isn't added on, even though the website says it's necessary.

And they already said the boxes are damaged in the previous thread, thus why they don't bother with shipping them.[/quote]

And how long until they figure that one out and kill/revise the coupons again? I'd venture a guess at 2 days.

[quote name='evilmax17']The other thread was moved to the Graveyard because that particular deal (a coupon code) was dead. This thread presents a different (albeit similar) offer.

Nobody is under any obligation to participate in any deal, and we certainly can't regulate something as subjective as deal quality. "One man's trash is another man's treasure", as they say.

This poster has at least proved that they aren't spam, and the site doesn't seem to be a scam. Until either is true, they are allowed to post, with Cheapy's (discretionary) approval.

If you don't like a store's practices, then the easiest thing to do is to vote with your wallet.[/QUOTE]

So any retailer can just join here and post deal threads whenever they feel like it? If so, I guess I misunderstood the forum rules. I thought retailers had to ask Cheapy first like GQD finally did after posing as a member here.

[quote name='Nephilim']So any retailer can just join here and post deal threads whenever they feel like it? If so, I guess I misunderstood the forum rules. I thought retailers had to ask Cheapy first like GQD finally did after posing as a member here.[/quote]

And Cheapy chimed in on the last thread and approved it's existence. Until he says otherwise, or people get screwed, it stays.

LMAO

They pulled the 100% off shipping for two or more items coupon "LJ1010" code (the coupon specifically said valid until 11/30/07 just the other day) to give us this.

EPIC FAIL IN THE MAKING

[quote name='Nephilim']So any retailer can just join here and post deal threads whenever they feel like it? If so, I guess I misunderstood the forum rules. I thought retailers had to ask Cheapy first like GQD finally did after posing as a member here.[/quote]
It is strongly encouraged that independent retailers first contact CheapyD before posting here. The OP did. I say "strongly encouraged" because it really depends on community acceptance. If a very reliable retailer joined up and started spamming sealed Suikoden II for $10, I doubt there would be any complaints.

Everybody deserves a chance. CAG has received good deals from independent retailers in the past, and I am confident that they will in the future.

Most small companies have a few things that CAG will complain about, and this "introductory hazing" has come to be expected. The good retailers will listen to the levied complaints and change, the bad ones will be forgotten.

If the OP crosses the line into "spam territory", then they will be dealt with accordingly. Until then, give them a chance. Who knows, they may offer you something that catches your interest in the future.

Indeed, I just got 50Cent - Bulletproof and four ps1 games for $4

I just wanted 50 since its a dvd9 and would kill my ratio on a private tracker site so it was worth it plus the 4 ps1 games I got would be worth probably $25 credit at a mom and pop game store.

i think the general antipathy against this online store is because they sort of invaded the forums and used it to self-advertise, rather than be posted through CAGer word-of-mouth or by discussing with cheapy and working something out. not only did they self-advertise, but this Katy person sounds sort of like an idiot (no offense Katy) who doesn't know how to cater to us.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Indeed, I just got 50Cent - Bulletproof and four ps1 games for $4

I just wanted 50 since its a dvd9 and would kill my ratio on a private tracker site so it was worth it plus the 4 ps1 games I got would be worth probably $25 credit at a mom and pop game store.[/QUOTE]
Wow, just wow...:fridge:

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Indeed, I just got 50Cent - Bulletproof and four ps1 games for $4

I just wanted 50 since its a dvd9 and would kill my ratio on a private tracker site so it was worth it plus the 4 ps1 games I got would be worth probably $25 credit at a mom and pop game store.[/QUOTE]

Don't know what is sadder - you buying the 50 Cent game or the fact you would waste bandwidth and support piracy for the 50 Cent game

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']Don't know what is sadder - you buying the 50 Cent game or the fact you would waste bandwidth and support piracy for the 50 Cent game[/QUOTE]

Well at least it looks like ThumbMonkey has found their market...

;)

[quote name='alexandertyler']And you pulled all of your HDMI cables from the site, so fuck you!

Later,

Alex[/quote]

I don't think they've pulled anything, they just sold out is all

happy I got Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas with that free shipping code before they both sold out and the code expired :)

they seem like a good site just a few kinks that need to be worked out

Hey, I don't care what you think is sad or whatever. Look, you're on cag, it's not like you're supporting devs by buying games on the cheap. So you can step off your gamer highhorse and understand that I COLLECT games and even that horrible shit game is needed for the #s section of the US PS2 collection.

Again I don't care what you cags think about me, but I'll let you know if I get in any of the games and the conditions. Again, it was $4 well spent to me, and I'd say my opinion is worth just as much as yours.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Hey, I don't care what you think is sad or whatever. Look, you're on cag, it's not like you're supporting devs by buying games on the cheap. So you can step off your gamer highhorse and understand that I COLLECT games and even that horrible shit game is needed for the #s section of the US PS2 collection.

Again I don't care what you cags think about me, but I'll let you know if I get in any of the games and the conditions. Again, it was $4 well spent to me, and I'd say my opinion is worth just as much as yours.[/QUOTE]
There's a HUGE difference between saving a few bucks on a game and pirating it. Buying the game cheap still gives money to the developers as it's the retail stores that pay for the game.

Bootlegging it for your friends is just flat out stealing.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Hey, I don't care what you think is sad or whatever. Look, you're on cag, it's not like you're supporting devs by buying games on the cheap. So you can step off your gamer highhorse and understand that I COLLECT games and even that horrible shit game is needed for the #s section of the US PS2 collection.

Again I don't care what you cags think about me, but I'll let you know if I get in any of the games and the conditions. Again, it was $4 well spent to me, and I'd say my opinion is worth just as much as yours.[/QUOTE]

You just said the only reason you didn't download it was because it would hurt your tracker rating... so clearly you don't "collect" games unless you count downloading and burning a game as "collecting" it, which is uh... creative I guess.

They pulled the 100% off shipping for two or more items coupon "LJ1010" code (the coupon specifically said valid until 11/30/07 just the other day) to give us this.

i like how when they found out that CAG was using this code they went and killed it. Now their giving us these crappy codes. Good luck tryin to get support from CAG when you pull something like this.

[quote name='METC NAPALM']Look at thier feedback on ebay.... http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=thumbmonkeygames&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us&iid=330184223749

93 bad feedbacks in a MONTH....
277 in the LAST 6 months....

I am DEFINATELY going to buy from these guys! NOT!!!!!
:argue:[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to defend these guys or anything because it doesn't seem like a very good site at all. But... compare that with the number of positives they have and it works out to less than 1% for the 6 month period.

[quote name='Foo228']:spam:I am?[/quote]

Please read the whole thread before you post. Posting by this person were okay'ed by CheapyD, as mentioned on Page 1.

Well, I was thinking about ordering from them for two items, though not anymore. This bait-and-switch coupon behavior is inexcusable from a large-scale retailer, and even less excusable from a small retailer like this.

Thanks for the switcheroo on the coupons, my wallet thanks you.

[quote name='evilmax17']It is strongly encouraged that independent retailers first contact CheapyD before posting here. The OP did. I say "strongly encouraged" because it really depends on community acceptance. If a very reliable retailer joined up and started spamming sealed Suikoden II for $10, I doubt there would be any complaints.

Everybody deserves a chance. CAG has received good deals from independent retailers in the past, and I am confident that they will in the future.

Most small companies have a few things that CAG will complain about, and this "introductory hazing" has come to be expected. The good retailers will listen to the levied complaints and change, the bad ones will be forgotten.

If the OP crosses the line into "spam territory", then they will be dealt with accordingly. Until then, give them a chance. Who knows, they may offer you something that catches your interest in the future.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I am a bit sensitive about seeing (2) separate posts from a retailer within a short period of time. I like the Deals Forum to be clean of Self-Promotion from retailers, but I am a purist I guess.

[quote name='METC NAPALM']93 bad feedbacks in a MONTH....
277 in the LAST 6 months....[/QUOTE]
To be fair, that does work out to 0.8% of people dealing with them in the past year gave them a negative, and 2% of people in the past year gave them something other than positive. Considering the volume they do, that's quite reasonable.

You guys are just a bunch of fucking crybabies. I get blasted for buying a game, and a site gets blasted for selling games and trying to make money. You know, that's kinda the purpose of a business.

It's been established that they contacted Cheapy so just lay off, damn you people are annoying.

LEAVE THUMBMONKEY ALONE!
[quote name='yuffiestrife']You guys are just a bunch of fucking crybabies. I get blasted for buying a game, and a site gets blasted for selling games and trying to make money. You know, that's kinda the purpose of a business.

It's been established that they contacted Cheapy so just lay off, damn you people are annoying.[/quote]

[quote name='yuffiestrife']You guys are just a bunch of fucking crybabies. I get blasted for buying a game, and a site gets blasted for selling games and trying to make money. You know, that's kinda the purpose of a business.

It's been established that they contacted Cheapy so just lay off, damn you people are annoying.[/QUOTE]

16 posts, you're name-calling AND you pirate games?

Winner!

I'm pretty sure every CAG has downloaded a ROM or two in their life.
[quote name='Nephilim']16 posts and you're name-calling AND you pirate games?

Winner![/quote]

[quote name='naes']I'm pretty sure every CAG has downloaded a ROM or two in their life.[/QUOTE]

EVERY single CAG? Seriously, not everyone is a thief here.

[quote name='METC NAPALM']Look at thier feedback on ebay.... http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=thumbmonkeygames&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us&iid=330184223749

93 bad feedbacks in a MONTH....
277 in the LAST 6 months....

I am DEFINATELY going to buy from these guys! NOT!!!!!
:argue:[/quote]

93 out of 10100 isn't much at all....

I've bought from these guys on Ebay a long time ago (xbox 360 official steering wheel) and it was listed as "mint-condition" and the wheel came slightly turned to the right, maybe 10-15 degrees.

There was a poll a while ago that showed like 98% of CAGs have downloaded a ROM.
[quote name='Nephilim']EVERY single CAG? Seriously, not everyone is a thief here.[/quote]

[quote name='naes']There was a poll a while ago that showed like 98% of CAGs have downloaded a ROM.[/QUOTE]

98% of those who VOTED, not of ALL CAG members, big difference.

Have you ever downloaded music? ROMs?

I guarantee you that the majority of people in North America have pirated something.
[quote name='Nephilim']98% of those who VOTED, not of ALL CAG members, big difference.[/quote]

[quote name='naes']Have you ever downloaded music? ROMs?

I guarantee you that the majority of people in North America have pirated something.[/QUOTE]

No, and No. I assume those that do are using your argument to justify doing so.

Well, I'm sorry if I offended you then.

Let me rephrase. I'm pretty sure most CAGs have pirated something in their life.

And yes, I download ROMs and music.
[quote name='Nephilim']No, and No. I assume those that do are using your argument to justify doing so.[/quote]

[quote name='naes']Have you ever downloaded music? ROMs?

I guarantee you that the majority of people in North America have pirated something.[/quote]I'm not coming down on either side of this one, but keep in mind that there was a long period of time where the concept was completely new to people and there were few or no laws surrounding these items. ROMs used to be very readily available and were rarely promoted as illegal, instead they were on fan sites as a way to relive classic gaming. The same goes for music - I remember in college during the newsgroups and the early days of Napster, very few people thought sharing music online was any different from dubbing a cassette copy for your friend (which was legal).

[quote name='evilmax17']Let's stay on topic fellas.[/quote]On topic - I notice the livejournal page has not been updated to state the old coupon is dead or if there is a new (better?) one for livejournal users. It might be worth checking, since a better offer was posted there previously without us being notified until after hassling Katy.

[quote name='evilmax17']It is strongly encouraged that independent retailers first contact CheapyD before posting here. The OP did. I say "strongly encouraged" because it really depends on community acceptance. If a very reliable retailer joined up and started spamming sealed Suikoden II for $10, I doubt there would be any complaints.[/quote]

Complaints? More like it'd sell out in 2 minutes flat because all of the hoarding, Ebaying lurkers would come outta the fuckin woodwork quicker than anything.

Mind you, some other sites which have B&M counterparts are ALSO bad on shipping prices(FYE comes to mind), but $9 shipping for ONE item? That's gouging right there, unless they're using flat rate Priority mail boxes to ship the game(s) in.

And what's this nonsense about NO boxes at all? WTF!!!

[quote name='DemonGamer24']93 out of 10100 isn't much at all....

I've bought from these guys on Ebay a long time ago (xbox 360 official steering wheel) and it was listed as "mint-condition" and the wheel came slightly turned to the right, maybe 10-15 degrees.[/quote]

Wait, so you're bitching about a wheel for a game console which was used(I'm assuming due to you saying it was supposed to be mint condition) but it was turned to the right by 10-15*? As long as the wheel didn't stay stuck there permanently, that seems like a REALLLLLLY fuckin petty thing to bitch about.

BTW, who else here gets a fuckin popup every damned time someone posts something to that bullshit imageshack site and in order to see the image clearly, ya GOTTA click through to the site? I get one every damned time, with no reprise.

bread's done
Back