$50 PSP many hours later an emulation machine

jlindsay26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I went by my local pawn shop yeasterday and they had a PSP so I asked to take a look no dead pixel which was great since mine has one. Then I ask to try it out and it won't load anything from the UMD drive so I ask how much they want since it's broken they say $50 I say fine figuring I'll try cleaning it and swap screens. Go home take both apart swap screens try cleaning the drive still doesn't work. At that point I put everything away. Later while surfing the web I notice they have a new working PSP Downgrader today I pickup GTA for the PSP, swap the UMD drive, upgrade the firmware to 2.60 and run the downgrader put everything back together. Now I have two PSP one with a perfect screen to play PSP games and the other with a bad UMD drive running the 1.5 firmware for emulator and homebrewed apps. :D

nice, you can even play some ISOs on it, I think its only 1.5fw ISOs that can be played without a UMD in the drive though, but still better than nothing.

[quote name='phreak5k']Nice score indeed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I thought so, put a bunch of hours into swaping part and getting the firmware down to 1.5 but I figure it's worth it.

So tell me how this works. If you get a recent psp with a newer firmware, you're screwed. If you get an older one and upgrade it, you can still downgrade to the older firmware still, right?

you need a PSP with either the firmware 2.5 or 2.6 and a copy of GTA Liberty City. You then need to download the Downgrader (call downdater) you also need a dump from a system running 1.5, I found a site that had everything all bundle a single zip file, then just follow the instruction. I a small warning some models can't be downgraded check the site to findout more detail PM me if you would like me to send you the links

bread's done
Back