$50 XBOX gift card when you buy an XBOX One (Valid 9/5-9/15)

Well the website seems to list the $50 GC with the free game but at checkout I do not see any indication the $50 GC is part of my cart. Plus Destiny is currently not part of the free game list. If I could have both those and use the $50 I already got for doing trades at MS then I would have purchased it right then but for now I guess I am waiting.
I just tried too.. even though the Madden Xbox One console shows the free $50 gc offer, I put it in my cart, it automatically sends me to a list of games to choose as my free game, I added my free game, but at the checkout / review bundle page, no mention of the $50 gift card offer on the main page.

As I mentioned earlier, I called my local store on Friday morning, and the associate I spoke to said he was told both offers would not combine to the best of his knowledge. I am afraid the madden bundles will sell out at my local store if I just wait for Tuesday morning for the destiny release. I was just going to go instore today and get Diablo III which I have never played on PCs before. I figure that game is new enough I can sell it quickly for a decent value.

"Xbox One Madden NFL 15 Bundle - Your $50 Xbox gift card code will be sent to the email address associated with purchase within 10 days of the console being shipped. Please check your junk/spam mail.
Madden NFL 15 for Xbox One - Your $10 Xbox gift card code will be sent to email address associated with purchase within 10 days of game being shipped. Please check your junk/spam mail."

Via my confirmation email

I just went to my local White Plains NY store... They gave me the 50.00 giftcard, took my 360 arcade for 100 off, and i got the madden bundle, plus I got metro redux. I wanted destiny, but was afraid they would be sold out by Tuesday morning on the madden xbox one. He told me they only had three Madden xbox ones left after mine this morning.

Microsoft store has a bad setup. I added the xbox madden bundle which said it would come with $50 credit emailed. I then saw the free game choice and picked titanfall since destiny not there. To see if there was tax or not I proceeded and I was afraid it was actually placing the order because of the processing screen and order # but then it took me to the checkout page and showed no sign of the $50 credit. Tax put it to $423.XX so no go but there was no way to empty the cart or hit cancel which sucked. I hit back and it did the processing screen again and went back to the cartless cart so I just closed the webpage and reloaded and cart showed nothing and order history did not show it. I was afraid it actually placed order so checked emails and nothing. This is a crappy setup they need to fix. Anyways, I'll get my PS4 destiny and be happy I suppose with it an my Wii U (and every other console and game imaginable, lol, addiction) even though I do want in on the master chief collection in a couple of months.

Microsoft store has a bad setup. I added the xbox madden bundle which said it would come with $50 credit emailed. I then saw the free game choice and picked titanfall since destiny not there. To see if there was tax or not I proceeded and I was afraid it was actually placing the order because of the processing screen and order # but then it took me to the checkout page and showed no sign of the $50 credit. Tax put it to $423.XX so no go but there was no way to empty the cart or hit cancel which sucked. I hit back and it did the processing screen again and went back to the cartless cart so I just closed the webpage and reloaded and cart showed nothing and order history did not show it. I was afraid it actually placed order so checked emails and nothing. This is a crappy setup they need to fix. Anyways, I'll get my PS4 destiny and be happy I suppose with it an my Wii U (and every other console and game imaginable, lol, addiction) even though I do want in on the master chief collection in a couple of months.
The $50 code is going to be e-mailed to you within 10 days of the purchase.

I just went to my local White Plains NY store... They gave me the 50.00 giftcard, took my 360 arcade for 100 off, and i got the madden bundle, plus I got metro redux. I wanted destiny, but was afraid they would be sold out by Tuesday morning on the madden xbox one. He told me they only had three Madden xbox ones left after mine this morning.
So by arcade, do you mean the original white one?

Do the Microsoft stores take video game trade ins too or just the consoles?

Also, when trading in the consoles, do they need to have the controllers included or just the system alone to get the $100?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone, (adding this post to this thread for visibility, originally posted here)

I just got the best deal ever, imo

i got the the following at $327.00 (tax included) at the Microsoft Store

Xbox one Madden Bundle - $399

Free game of choice - $49-$59 depending on what you choose ( i chose Forza 5)

Xbox Charger Kit - $24.99

$50 gift card

I did this by trading in

PS3 Fat 60GB model - $100 credit

3 PS3 games - $26 (GT6, $23 & change, GT5, $1 & change, MGS4, $0.50) trade in value may vary but you might get more credit if you have more games, I didn't really know they did trade'ins so i didnt take many games.

I had initially called and was told they couldnt combime the 2 promo's

$50 gift card and free game

but when I went i spoke with the store clerk about it and he said he would try it and see if the system will allow it to go through, and to both our surprise it did

This is a GREAT deal for anyone on the fence with an older system because you get $100 credit on your console (Since I had the original PS3, the most of i have receive would be about $50 bucks,but the  guy said because of the promo, they were giving away $100 credit), you also get a free game of your choosing (i dont play that much games and I am mostly into racing thus Forza, I would have put it to Forza Horizon, but that comes out after the promo ends), you also get $50 credit (which i will either put to Forza Horizon, or renew my Xboxlive subscription, but point is you can use that for in store or marketplace). Lastly, I get a free madden code which I could play, or probably sell on ebay for like another extra 20-40 bucks, thats extra cash I can use for something else.

I have been patienly waiting all year for the best time to get an Xbox one, and I think I got the best deal yet, what do you guys think.

I'd encourage anyone in a similar position to get it whiles the getting is good, the double promo overlap ends Sept 13th

I got the idea about this from this article

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-one-console-with-free-game-of-choice-deal-hits-sunday-possibly-even-hotter

I have attached a pic of the receipt. The total comes to 327 at the end, but it's a little cut off in the picture.

[attachment=7989:xboxreciept.jpg]

Do the Microsoft stores take video game trade ins too or just the consoles?

Also, when trading in the consoles, do they need to have the controllers included or just the system alone to get the $100?
I went through this today, yes, they take trade in's, prices vary, i got 23 bucks for GT6, but only $1 and change for GT5

they require the system and all accessories. ( i gave them the PS3, 2 controllers and a power cable), they were fine with me not having the hdmi cable.

So long as it powers on and the green light stays on, they will take it

Of all the games you could choose, you picked Forza? Why? Seems like a waste of a free game choice.
LOL!!! probably...

I know, not big on gaming these days so havent really been following whats hot..

I mostly play racing games, so the only games I am interested in are Forza and Forza Horizon, which I probably will put the $50 credit to. Also, looking forward to Project Cars.

I am hoping those in the know will take advantage of this much better than I did, but eitherway, it works for me as I am a very casual gamer.

LOL!!! probably...

I know, not big on gaming these days so havent really been following whats hot..

I mostly play racing games, so the only games I am interested in are Forza and Forza Horizon, which I probably will put the $50 credit to. Also, looking forward to Project Cars.

I am hoping those in the know will take advantage of this much better than I did, but eitherway, it works for me as I am a very casual gamer.
Nah that's a great deal dude, especially if you are a casual gamer. Probably the best you are gonna get for a XB1 in awhile.

If you order online they will email you the gift card CODES within a certain amount of time from when it ships. It is not instant. The bundle shows you get a free $50 Xbox gift card with purchase, select games have a $10 Xbox gift card with purchase as well. It says it on the website. I don't know where the confusion is.

As far as not being able to go back when processing the order, amazon does that as well, its common for online retailers, they don't want the consumer to second guess themselves at the last second obviously so they dont make it easy to just dump your cart.

As far as paying tax, I think Microsoft store charges tax in every state now, amazon just recently started charging tax in Florida because they now have a physical warehouse in Florida and I read they did it to avoid some sort of political tax hassle. So blame your politicians for having to pay tax and pushing to tax every online transaction.

What is the likelihood of the Madden Xbox One Consoles being sold out by Tuesday?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back