500+ Free Games At GameTap

[quote name='LittlestCthulhu']GameTap is offering free play of their classic library from now until they launch their new site. Here's a list of the games http://www.gametap.com/play/browse/index.html?ordBy=0&pSz=15&filterType=4&lTp=3,1
pixel.gif

[/quote]

Thanks for that share, theres actually some pretty awesome games in there.

Thanks OP.

Saint

I can never seem to get GameTap to work properly on my Windows Vista machine. It installs correctly, but I can't ever get it to start...it just freezes on the GameTap logo that appears in the center of the screen. Anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='kylematthews']I used to have this problem before I formatted my system, don't know what the problem could be.[/QUOTE]

Very strange...well it's not worth formatting over. O well. Unless someone else has an idea.

I had this problem way back when I got Vista. I don't remember what was wrong, but when I called tech support, they walked me through what I needed to do in order to fix the problem, and there have been no problems since. I needed to change some system settings, somewhere. Sorry, can't say anything more than that.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Oo actually got it working...now a question: does it keep the games downloaded on your PC or does it delete them every time you logout?[/quote]

Games stay downloaded on your computer. If you need to delete any you can through the Gametap download manager (I'm not sure exactly where it stores them).

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Very strange...well it's not worth formatting over. O well. Unless someone else has an idea.[/QUOTE]

You can try going to the gametap.exe, go to properties and compatibility to XP service pack 2, and make sure you're logged in as admin.

A brand new version of the player is coming out in about a week, so that may help .

I'm upset that all the rest of their games besides these "classic" ones don't work on 64 bit. They should get with the times. I was going to resubscribe before they raise the price, but still hesitating because of that.

Guys, you've only got today and I guess tomorrow to lock in a cheaper yearly price if you want to. More info here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216944

[quote name='scottman']I'm upset that all the rest of their games besides these "classic" ones don't work on 64 bit. They should get with the times. I was going to resubscribe before they raise the price, but still hesitating because of that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Gametap people on their forum told me they are still working on it. It's frustrating, and it's why I didn't renew, but I think I'm going to today to lock the price in. At worst I'll still have the console stuff at least.

They've been going through a merger or got bought or something by an English company that does a similar thing over there, so that may be why it's taken so long too...still pulling stuff from Turner on their site, but maybe the relaunch means they're switched over.

I renewed by sub in Oct because I only have 32 bit machines. At least they have a cheaper deal for people with 64 bit pcs. I just picked up a used pc with 32 bit Vista Ultimate. It's more of a HTPC, but it works fine with Gametap. What worries me is that the older games will be "browser" games. Those always seem to have hiccups.

looks pretty cool, didn't Ted Turner start this up a while ago? When I saw some TNT tv channel ads I just thought of that.

[quote name='pimpster4183']looks pretty cool, didn't Ted Turner start this up a while ago? When I saw some TNT tv channel ads I just thought of that.[/QUOTE]

Metaboli bought GameTap from Turner last year, the big upcoming changes are indeed related to this.

bread's done
Back