$500 PC Build??

noone13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
657 (100%)
My current computer is taking a crap and I am thinking about building a new one myself. My budget would be around $500 AR but I don't need a monitor, keyboard, or a mouse. I have a dell studio 540 right now so I don't think I can salvage much if anything from that. The only games I'd play on the new computer would be the Total War series and Civ 5. Thanks for any help you guys can give me as I am a total noob when it comes to computers.

http://www.hardware-revolution.com/budget-gaming-pc-q4-2010/

This web site is great and is what convinced me to finally pull the trigger and build a rig. A decent budget gaming pc will run you at least around $500, but then you need an operating system, a monitor, speakers, a keyboard, a network adapter, and a mouse. But since you said you have these things already, you're set. If you're savvy enough, maybe look into torrenting Windows 7 (at your own risk). I personally bought the Home Premium OEM version for about $100.

Last night I watched an episode called Peter from the show called Fringe.

Basically, there is an alternative universe. So if your computer is dying in this universe, a parallel universe would have a similar computer owned by yourself that is fine. The person in the show devised a way to enter that universe and take what he needs.

Maybe you can do the same?

[quote name='robpe36']I personally bought the Home Premium OEM version for about $100.[/QUOTE]This is your best option for an OS. With the OEM version, you can't transfer the registration to a different computer, but (I contacted M$ support about this) if your mobo fails, you can call customer support and have it transferred over (since your code is registered with that mobo).[just an fyi]

I just built a complete computer for $550 plus shipping. Definitely not a bad price for the specs (3.3 GHz tri-core, 4gb DDR3 1333, 550W PSU, 500GB HDD, 20" display.) Really the only weak link is the Radeon 3000, but that can be upgraded. Without the monitor, keyboard, and mouse (and maybe even the case, if the Dell case is good.) you might be able to get a good video card within your budget.

Here's a screenshot of my shopping cart in case you're interested:
Untitled-8.jpg
I really wish I could click the checkout button... :whistle2:(

[quote name='ROB64']I just built a complete computer for $550 plus shipping. Definitely not a bad price for the specs (3.3 GHz tri-core, 4gb DDR3 1333, 550W PSU, 500GB HDD, 20" display.) Really the only weak link is the Radeon 3000, but that can be upgraded. Without the monitor, keyboard, and mouse (and maybe even the case, if the Dell case is good.) you might be able to get a good video card within your budget.

Here's a screenshot of my shopping cart in case you're interested:
Untitled-8.jpg
I really wish I could click the checkout button... :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Thanks. I am going to look into that. I just found an ATI 4850 for $50 today so I am okay with that video card for now. Plus I don't need a monitor, keyboard, or mouse. That should pretty much fit the bill so thanks again.

No problem, I mainly made that one for myself in case I find $500 tomorrow or something. :p
Just an FYI, you'd need a SATA cable if you go with that dvd drive since it's a barebone.

bread's done
Back