500 PSN Reward Points for $3.99 @ GDD

BakaHentai420

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Take another look at the OP

(I'm trying my best to not be snarky.)
Ah I see. I already had a Sony Rewards account so I was trying to find it within the account. I didn't check back to see the special link to redeem it after I clicked the OP's instructions. I'm surprised GDD doesn't specify.

Ah I see. I already had a Sony Rewards account so I was trying to find it within the account. I didn't check back to see the special link to redeem it after I clicked the OP's instructions. I'm surprised GDD doesn't specify.
What are you talking about?

The email and purchase page from GDD tells you where to redeem it...

On that page it asks if you want to create an account or log in with an existing one, so I am not understanding your situation.

Why do all these kids on here immediately think these deals are fake?  You can buy Sony Rewards points now, it's a new thing, get with the times.

Why do all these kids on here immediately think these deals are fake? You can buy Sony Rewards points now, it's a new thing, get with the times.
Were exactly can you just go and buy Sony reward points at? I mean besides these third party site's that break apart deals and other such things for them? As far as I understand Sony reward points are, and stop me if I am wrong here, REWARDED when you purchase Sony products or use their credit card. So I am a bit confused where you said you can just purchase them.

Also just saying 'these kids' doesn't validate anything you say, or devalue anything said other 'kids' as you put it, say.

Were exactly can you just go and buy Sony reward points at? I mean besides these third party site's that break apart deals and other such things for them? As far as I understand Sony reward points are, and stop me if I am wrong here, REWARDED when you purchase Sony products or use their credit card. So I am a bit confused where you said you can just purchase them.

Also just saying 'these kids' doesn't validate anything you say, or devalue anything said other 'kids' as you put it, say.
Agree completely. Too many "kids" like the one you responded to, don't seem to have any moral compass at all. They'll buy anything, no matter how questionable or sleazy it is, just to save a buck. Pretty sad.

Agree completely. Too many "kids" like the one you responded to, don't seem to have any moral compass at all. They'll buy anything, no matter how questionable or sleazy it is, just to save a buck. Pretty sad.
I am all for having a deal, and saving a buck on what are seemingly over priced games time and time again is all great for everyone. But just brushing off someones opinions or rather state something as fact when it isn't just makes everyone involved worse for ware. But the internet will do that to people of weak moral's or rather lacking a moral compass as you put it.

Directly from Sony?

If you are short on points you can buy them for a penny a piece...

Directly from Sony?

If you are short on points you can buy them for a penny a piece...
I will admit I wasn't aware they were letting people just buy points now. I still don't see that as buying rewards though. It just means you are giving them money in return for the difference in price of said item. So the whole rewards points thing still stand as rewards and not just buying points. I mean what is the difference in just buying said item then if the points are purchasable.

I will admit I wasn't aware they were letting people just buy points now. I still don't see that as buying rewards though. It just means you are giving them money in return for the difference in price of said item. So the whole rewards points thing still stand as rewards and not just buying points. I mean what is the difference in just buying said item then if the points are purchasable.
The issue is...these may be obtained legitimately or they may be obtained in a "shady" way. No one here will know the answer to that...

If the guy selling these bought them from someone who obtained them from breaking them out of a bundle then there is nothing shady going on. That's like getting pissed off when they sell the TLOU codes from PS4 bundles...It's perfectly legal and no one should bitch about that, OR this.

Now if SONY deems this against their Terms of Service for Sony Rewards (I am unsure since I have not read the TOS) that is a different story and is also not up for debate because no one here works for Sony as far as we know. So we are debating personal opinion and there is no wrong or right answer.

You are saying buying these are wrong based on your opinion that this is shady, but that is not fact based. As such I don't see why this conversation is going on and on.

Leave it in Sony and the mods on CAG's hands, and move on.

Would be funny if they banned your account, wouldn't it?

I have no moral compass because I paid $4 for $5 worth of rewards points through a 3rd party? Really??

What the fuck is wrong with you? Note that's rhetorical and I don't actually care. How could I with this broken moral compass? Hopefully there will be a good deal on one soon and I can pick up a newer model for a cheap price from lifedealdaily.

Until that time how about you fuck off and go get some sun instead of pointlessly crying about what I do with my money. Pretty sad indeed.

The issue is...these may be obtained legitimately or they may be obtained in a "shady" way. No one here will know the answer to that...

If the guy selling these bought them from someone who obtained them from breaking them out of a bundle then there is nothing shady going on. That's like getting pissed off when they sell the TLOU codes from PS4 bundles...It's perfectly legal and no one should bitch about that, OR this.

Now if SONY deems this against their Terms of Service for Sony Rewards (I am unsure since I have not read the TOS) that is a different story and is also not up for debate because no one here works for Sony as far as we know. So we are debating personal opinion and there is no wrong or right answer.

You are saying buying these are wrong based on your opinion that this is shady, but that is not fact based. As such I don't see why this conversation is going on and on.

Leave it in Sony and the mods on CAG's hands, and move on.
Actually yes if GDD bought them from someone shady with the intent to then sell them after they are still shady. Just because something gets passed down a few hands doesn't make it any less shady.

And as far as being legal, yes it is legal I wont say no to that. But that doesn't make it any less shady when you see where they are coming from. You see you are more or less thinking on the side of just one person selling them. But when a company, one that is a third part like this or not, sells them then you start to run a gray area. Just like codes that didn't show up, or where obtained through less then normal means, or buying items that are a standard price in a bundle to then sell off pieces of said bundle to make more money runs very gray lines.

For instance if I bought 20 TLOU PS4 bundles at a discount cause I run a store. And then broke them all down to sell each piece at a different price while still leaving the PS4 at the standard $400 tag price then something shady is going on. That is not the way Sony wants them sold, nor expects them to be sold at stores either. What would happen if say Best buy did that. There would be people demanding heads on pikes. So why is it ok for a third party site like this to do it?

And yes people are free to do as they wise, whether or not everyone agrees or not, for it is their right. But that means people can still give their opinions and reasons why it is a bad thing. Just leaving it in others hands or reason doesn't really do well for a community now does it? Not when the community changes like it does.

Actually yes if GDD bought them from someone shady with the intent to then sell them after they are still shady. Just because something gets passed down a few hands doesn't make it any less shady.

And as far as being legal, yes it is legal I wont say no to that. But that doesn't make it any less shady when you see where they are coming from. You see you are more or less thinking on the side of just one person selling them. But when a company, one that is a third part like this or not, sells them then you start to run a gray area. Just like codes that didn't show up, or where obtained through less then normal means, or buying items that are a standard price in a bundle to then sell off pieces of said bundle to make more money runs very gray lines.

For instance if I bought 20 TLOU PS4 bundles at a discount cause I run a store. And then broke them all down to sell each piece at a different price while still leaving the PS4 at the standard $400 tag price then something shady is going on. That is not the way Sony wants them sold, nor expects them to be sold at stores either. What would happen if say Best buy did that. There would be people demanding heads on pikes. So why is it ok for a third party site like this to do it?

And yes people are free to do as they wise, whether or not everyone agrees or not, for it is their right. But that means people can still give their opinions and reasons why it is a bad thing. Just leaving it in others hands or reason doesn't really do well for a community now does it? Not when the community changes like it does.
The difference is we are dealing with a retailer that obtains products from Sony directly, as such they are required to sell them as Sony intends them to, that is the agreed upon arrangement between Sony and BBY.

With GDD, they are a reseller they are not a retailer. If he purchased them from a company liquidating inventory for whatever reason then there is no obligation to leave the bundle in tact. If they sell the system by itself for $400 yeah that sucks, but they are allowed to charge whatever they want for their inventory, it is up to the consumer to speak with their wallets.

You are making a choice to view this in a negative way, shady. There are sites that do this all the time and no one gets up in arms. Again case in point TLOU Remastered codes, everyone is all over those due to them being $15 and under when the game itself is $30+ everywhere. This is a smaller discount for a code most people probably never use/throw away.

WInterfell you should change your name to whinefell and quit with your antics as it makes you look even more stupid than you already are

Don't like it then shut the fuck up and go elsewhere

You're so fucking annoying

The difference is we are dealing with a retailer that obtains products from Sony directly, as such they are required to sell them as Sony intends them to, that is the agreed upon arrangement between Sony and BBY.

With GDD, they are a reseller they are not a retailer. If he purchased them from a company liquidating inventory for whatever reason then there is no obligation to leave the bundle in tact. If they sell the system by itself for $400 yeah that sucks, but they are allowed to charge whatever they want for their inventory, it is up to the consumer to speak with their wallets.

You are making a choice to view this in a negative way, shady. There are sites that do this all the time and no one gets up in arms. Again case in point TLOU Remastered codes, everyone is all over those due to them being $15 and under when the game itself is $30+ everywhere. This is a smaller discount for a code most people probably never use/throw away.
I realize, which is why I said it was legal just shady to me. I can't or wouldn't want anyone to stop buying what they want to. It is their choice and their money. I just don't like nor agree with the way sites like this work.

WInterfell you should change your name to whinefell and quit with your antics as it makes you look even more stupid than you already are

Don't like it then shut the fuck up and go elsewhere

You're so fucking annoying
My my aren't we using out time wisely. Can't think of anything else to add to the conversation rather then insult someone? You know the same could be said to you, if you don't like reading the topic posts then by all means skip ahead to the next one. Also please if you are going to troll or insult someone then make it creative and use periods in your sentences.

I have no moral compass because I paid $4 for $5 worth of rewards points through a 3rd party? Really??

What the fuck is wrong with you? Note that's rhetorical and I don't actually care. How could I with this broken moral compass? Hopefully there will be a good deal on one soon and I can pick up a newer model for a cheap price from lifedealdaily.

Until that time how about you fuck off and go get some sun instead of pointlessly crying about what I do with my money. Pretty sad indeed.
Congratulations, your foul-mouthed little rant just proved my point.

Booyah! You know your thread was a success when: it's has been around long enough for some loser to try and take a moral high ground. Leading to multiple rants no gives two fucks about. Classic internets :lol:.

Anyone know how to get around the redirect loop on the login page. I've been trying for a week on several tabs, computers and phones and nothing works. Just want to check my balance and use the shady code I got out of my last of us bundle I bought a few weeks back from GameStop.

Anyone know how to get around the redirect loop on the login page. I've been trying for a week on several tabs, computers and phones and nothing works. Just want to check my balance and use the shady code I got out of my last of us bundle I bought a few weeks back from GameStop.
did you try clearing your cookies?

Did sony send your codes instantly? i order some reward points from gdd redeem them but haven't received my code from sony it says "in review" im afraid they are looking into those codes.
I still haven't gotten my PSN credit either after 6 days. I guess I need to complain to Sony rewards.

I have a question for those using Sony Rewards that has nothing to do with this promotion.

A week ago I used my points to buy a $20 PSN card the order was pending and yesterday I received an email saying that "order was rejected because of perceived violations of the Sony Rewards terms and conditions. Your account has also been locked". So now my Sony Rewards account is locked. 

Has anyone had similar problems? Thanks.

did you try clearing your cookies?
oh yeah, I've used different computers at home/work relatives houses you name it. It's like wherever I go I try to log on. Sony phone support says my account is ok so it's not that. It's just frustrating the heck out of me at this point.

I have a question for those using Sony Rewards that has nothing to do with this promotion.

A week ago I used my points to buy a $20 PSN card the order was pending and yesterday I received an email saying that "order was rejected because of perceived violations of the Sony Rewards terms and conditions. Your account has also been locked". So now my Sony Rewards account is locked.

You'll have to contact customer service to see what's going on. Good luck.

I still haven't gotten my PSN credit either after 6 days. I guess I need to complain to Sony rewards.
Finally got the email with the PSN codes today. I did fill in the web complaint form yesterday, not sure if that's what helped or not.

so I bought 50$ worth of psn credit and got all 3 codes today(20 20 and 10) without issue. wont buy anymore but wanted others to know it worked

Finally got the email with the PSN codes today. I did fill in the web complaint form yesterday, not sure if that's what helped or not.
Funny thing is I did the same thing

No codes or email for 2 days. then I emailed them with "!s" and "?s" included and sure enough either that very day or the next day I got my codes

that was for my first transaction

sadly for my second one i'm still getting "We cannot complete the transaction."

Huh. Went to log in to my rewards account and I had ~1500 unused points. Bought a code for an even 2000. Thanks OP. Oh and for the record boxeddeal.com has them in stock again too so use them to save $1 each.

Do you have an update? I've redeemed a few of these codes and do not want to do anymore if it means putting my account at risk.

bread's done
Back