512 sodimm (laptop) or 512 pc2700 (desktop) for free (Bestbuy)

darkje

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I was shocked not to find a thread about this,

Bestbuy has a coupon for $90 off ram + installation (NO RESTRICTIONS):

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/external/emailpdf/coupon_combo.pdf

Here's how I do it...

Go in to the geek squad counter, ask for the ram on sale this week (54.99 for either the sodimm or pc2700), say you want installation also ($29).

They will most likely insist you bring your machine (I always had my laptop on me).

They will ring you out, say, oh I got a coupon in my mail, coupon will bring the total down to $0. They will also install the ram for you.

CAKE!

I got two sodimms in 2 days for my laptop ;)

Hurry because it expires sept 10!

Will this work on all laptops? Cuz I have a panasonic toughbook cf-72 I would DEFINITELY be interested in getting upgraded :D

the coupon should say:

'*with purchase of a notebook or desktop computer'

but the experts at best buy left it out. it might be YMMV as any competent manager should notice it right away as it's been out for a couple of weeks, although you might luck out(I did and I got $10 off a wireless router).

I will so try this out on my semi-older computer. It has two 256 mb 2100 DDR Ram and I wouldn't mind to up both of them to 512 mb 2700 DD ram. I could do this correct, even though it is a switching what type it is, from 2100 to 2700. Also, they would do a quick switcheroo right in front of me, correct?

Yep, it was easy at my BB, ask for the ram + install, ring it up, give coupon, pay nothing then have them install the sodimm.

It IS ymmv because some BBs wont accept the coupon, mine is taking it no problem since it takes off the ram and install automatically when scanned.

Apparently, you can call corporate if the store gives you a hard time and they will force them to honor the coupon.

Not worth the hassle for me. I scored some 512 mb sodimm from staples for $15 and i'm more than happy with that.

Good luck getting this to work now....

This has been out for a while now and Best Buy's around the US have either (1) started posting signs saying that the coupon is invalid, (2) denying the sale prices and making you purchase the ram at non-sale prices, (3) flat out refusing because this coupon has been intended for purchase of a new desktop/laptop, and (4) removing all the ram that is less than $60 off the shelf until it expires so you cannot get free shit.

I managed to score 3 sticks of 512MB for my laptop. So if you are looking for that and cannot get them to honor it, I will sell them for my cost + shipping + a couple bucks for my time driving to two stinken stores heh,

Well, I tried to get this to work today. Turns out that all BBs in Vegas received shipments of it and that most stores had a line with people trying to get it with the coupon, which stores actually aloud. But, as I came in the afternoon, I was one of the unfortunate ones who missed out on this amazing deal. One guy told me that they had installed like 30 rams that day. I did manage to pick up a Taiko Drum Master for my friend with a GGC though for $15. I also finally saw the new blue GGCs for next year. I'm so glad taht BB finally at least did one thing right.

bread's done
Back