52 Buckets - Update: October 22nd, 2010 - Week 42 Review: Paranormal Activity 2

I'm really on the fence to see Shutter Island after reading the book last week. Glad to see that someone who figured it out ahead of time still enjoyed themselves.

I hated Shutter Island, one of the most predictable movies i've seen. I was literally yawning it was so boring and obvious.

[quote name='JolietJake']I hated Shutter Island, one of the most predictable movies i've seen. I was literally yawning it was so boring and obvious.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Boring and obvious? Seriously? It was not action packed, I admit, but at no time was the movie boring.

The book was pretty obvious. About 50 pages in I had a premonition, went back and read the preface, and said "oh hell naw...." The preface ruined the book for me. So I'd agree on obvious. I hate to think Scorcese could make a bad picture, though.

[quote name='mykevermin']The book was pretty obvious. About 50 pages in I had a premonition, went back and read the preface, and said "oh hell naw...." The preface ruined the book for me. So I'd agree on obvious. I hate to think Scorcese could make a bad picture, though.[/QUOTE]
Haha, you must pick up on a lot more then I do. I really had no idea, because I only read the first few pages, then came back a day or 2 later and totally forget about the preface. I just looked at it again, and it really does wreck it.
Disclaimer: if you want to read Shutter Island (and I highly recommend you do), DO NOT read the preface.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Haha, you must pick up on a lot more then I do. I really had no idea, because I only read the first few pages, then came back a day or 2 later and totally forget about the preface. I just looked at it again, and it really does wreck it.
Disclaimer: if you want to read Shutter Island (and I highly recommend you do), DO NOT read the preface.[/QUOTE]

Who ever reads the preface? Seriously. If they wanted me to read it, they should have made it chapter 1.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Update: April 22nd, 2010 - Week 15 Review (of 52) posted: Kick Ass (2010)[/QUOTE]

Solid review for Kick Ass. Nice, light and easy quick read.

I might follow your lead and start some kind of film blog myself, at least for part of the summer when I'll have the ability, financially and otherwise, to see movies on a more (semi)-regular basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
cool site man. ive always kinda wanted to do something like that being a fan of so many diff genres of film. i may have to try and do that myself.

so finally saw kickass. it was an ok one time view movie but thats it. theres nothing there wrth seeing again and damn nick cage was horrible. they should have gotten someone else to play that role.

i like some of the changes they made to it from the comic but overall its od that the comic was more realistic than the movie with live action characters. usually they dial things down when they take from a fantasy source not go up. it wasnt bad it wasnt great it was ok.

[quote name='Logg'][REC] 2 was one of the best movies I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It was an excellent film and I hope that people don't miss out on it.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Let The Right One In is another great foreign one. Don't rent it though, the cocksuckers that put the movie out on home video slacked off on the subtitles and refused to do a recall.

It's on Netflix streaming though, reportedly with the correct subtitles.[/QUOTE]

By the way, I bought the blue ray of this last week on this recommendation. Not was I was expecting at all, but a great movie none the less. I expected horror, instead I got a solid drama.

bread's done
Back