6/11 Meijer Buy on get one 50% off

Nice! How are they on price drops? There have been a rash of games dropping to $30 lately. Would they have those at $30 or would they still be full price?

Thanks drench, they are also doing a deal where if you spend 50 in grocerys they will give you a 10 dollar coupon for general merch.

Awesome - thanks for the heads up

edit: does anyone know the price of RE:4 at Meijer nowadays? Im hoping its at 39.99 :)

[quote name='chickenhawk']Nice! How are they on price drops? There have been a rash of games dropping to $30 lately. Would they have those at $30 or would they still be full price?[/QUOTE]

Based on what I've seen at Meijer in the past year, I'd walk in expecting to see the original price. Previously, industrywide price drops were always pretty timely. And there was always a chance of seeing things unexpectedly cheap.

The only real bargain lately that comes to mind is the $10 KOF: Maximum Impact, of which many around the Midwest must have immediately been transported to GameRush.

[quote name='snowmizer']Based on what I've seen at Meijer in the past year, I'd walk in expecting to see the original price. Previously, industrywide price drops were always pretty timely. And there was always a chance of seeing things unexpectedly cheap.

The only real bargain lately that comes to mind is the $10 KOF: Maximum Impact, of which many around the Midwest must have immediately been transported to GameRush.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with KOF:MI. The GR in Brighton, MI has about 12 copies of KOF, and the funny thing is the Meijer is right across the street. I turned in one copy and the guy asks where are people getting the game from. I told him and he said right after work that he was going to head over to Meijer and pick up a few copies himself.

I'd never bother calling to ask what they have as their inventory system is ass warmed over. You should also have them scan what you want as they don't update the prices as fast as the computer does.

The sale won't help me much this time. When I was at Meijer last Sat., there really wasn't much I wanted. I might still consider DMC3 and GT4, but we'll see.

[quote name='TomCloud9']Thanks drench, they are also doing a deal where if you spend 50 in grocerys they will give you a 10 dollar coupon for general merch.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you see this? I've taken advantage of it before, but it could be especially useful with the b1g1 1/2 off deal. Do you know how long it's running?

[quote name='chickenhawk']Nice! How are they on price drops? There have been a rash of games dropping to $30 lately. Would they have those at $30 or would they still be full price?[/QUOTE]

I would think they would be full price.( I still see alot of game still full price)let me know which ones they are and when I go to work on thurs. I'll check for you.

I dont think that $10 thing is true.

I work at the Meijers in Midland, MI and they dont have anything like that going on.

We do however have a deal where you trade in your Farmer Jack card and youll get 10% off your order, and $10.00 off any general merchandise order over $50.00

And Meijers has there game buy 1 get 1 50% off like once, sometimes even twice a month. So its nothing new or anything.

It is Saturday only though. This is what is called a Super Saturday. They are very much a pain to work.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I dont think that $10 thing is true.

I work at the Meijers in Midland, MI and they dont have anything like that going on.

We do however have a deal where you trade in your Farmer Jack card and youll get 10% off your order, and $10.00 off any general merchandise order over $50.00

And Meijers has there game buy 1 get 1 50% off like once, sometimes even twice a month. So its nothing new or anything.

It is Saturday only though. This is what is called a Super Saturday. They are very much a pain to work.[/QUOTE]

I do concur.

I work at store #22 in Kalamazoo, btw. :)

The price drops in Meijer for new releases aren't too drastic. I did manage to pick up RE4 for something like $47.85 (they have odd pricing) and a few of the other fairly new releases were priced similarly. It's been a while since the last one, so I'll have to see what they have in.

Meijer also had a deal when you buy $50 worth of general merchandise, you get $10 off of grocey items next week, along with getting $0.50 off of every gallon of gas. I ended up getting both Capcom Fighting Evolution and Ghosterhunter for $30 together. Afterwards, I added a Purdue T-Shirt and Purdue shorts (also on sale) and a strainer for my apartment, to get it above $50.

I just love Meijer so much.:D

im going out there today around 5. i got to get myself some of those pocket t shirts for 3 each. PRobally buy around 15 or 20 of them. We just got a new puppy and learned never leave your clothes on the floor. The stupid dog ate a hole right in the middle of almost every tee shirt i had on the floor.

I got Star Wars: Republic Commando and WarioWare: Touched! for $60 something... I wanted to get Republic Commando and Psychonauts, but they didn't have Psychonauts.

I got the $10 off groceries coupon, as well. I'm going to buy twenty dollars worth of the soda pop Vault (formerly "Surge"), which is already two for a dollar, and use the ten dollars off. Imagine how many bottles that is...

If I had more money, I'd have gotten an assload of $20 - $30 titles. :/

bread's done
Back