6/24 Updte:Best Buy Games list w/$10 pre-order bonus(500 bonus points)

[quote name='kingotnw']Kind of foolish to NOT be signed up for RZ gamers club...[/QUOTE]

Yep, even if your not a RZ silver member you still get 2 points per $1 on gaming & if everyone has a game backlog like I do basically every 4 games net a $10 RZ cert after price matching.

Hmm, $45 for LA Noire and a $10 certificate sounds pretty good, but that "Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy Gift Card(s) or reward certificate(s)." line in the fine print kind of ruins it for me.

I'd probably go for this if I could use $45 in certificates to get the game and a new $10 certificate but I don't want to keep spending cash then finding other things to use my certificates on.

Do you think BB would PM KMarts 20 coupon and a free $20 game with purchase of LA Noire? Then you could prebuy from BB to to get the $10 RZ certificate and get the Kmart deal. Of note, Josh has not confirmed the free game with LA Noire yet but he is working on it.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Hmm, $45 for LA Noire and a $10 certificate sounds pretty good, but that "Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy Gift Card(s) or reward certificate(s)." line in the fine print kind of ruins it for me.

I'd probably go for this if I could use $45 in certificates to get the game and a new $10 certificate but I don't want to keep spending cash then finding other things to use my certificates on.
[/QUOTE]

This is easily overcome pre-order the game in-store spend $1 cash + $4 in giftcard and/or RZ credit. Pay off the remaining $40 any way you like it'll only cost you $1. You'll get the bonus points that way w/o spending cash.

I'm the opposite I spend cash on games & stack up points then price match DVD deals, portable HD, memory sticks etc. For those who don't want to spend on the @gamer mag use the points instead too.

AcidRain25
So VERY YMMV but BB doesn't acknowledge the gaming coupons anyways plus the only way I see them price matching a free game offer is if you purchase a system.

[quote name='Enuf']This is easily overcome pre-order the game in-store spend $1 cash + $4 in giftcard and/or RZ credit. Pay off the remaining $40 any way you like it'll only cost you $1. You'll get the bonus points that way w/o spending cash.

I'm the opposite I spend cash on games & stack up points then price match DVD deals, portable HD, memory sticks etc. For those who don't want to spend on the @gamer mag use the points instead too.

AcidRain25
So VERY YMMV but BB doesn't acknowledge the gaming coupons anyways plus the only way I see them price matching a free game offer is if you purchase a system.[/QUOTE]

Oh, cool. I figured if you used any certificates or gift cards at all, it would cancel out the promos. Now I'm tempted to get Noire. I've always been a bit of a Rockstar fanboy. I think I'll ask on the BB forums just to double check. I think you're right, but I'd just like to get some official confirmation somewhere written somewhere, just in case my store screws up. But if I can do the $1 thing, I could see myself buying a lot of games at BB instead of Amazon.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Oh, cool. I figured if you used any certificates or gift cards at all, it would cancel out the promos. Now I'm tempted to get Noire. I've always been a bit of a Rockstar fanboy. I think I'll ask on the BB forums just to double check. I think you're right, but I'd just like to get some official confirmation somewhere written somewhere, just in case my store screws up. But if I can do the $1 thing, I could see myself buying a lot of games at BB instead of Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I've done it before it just splits up the transaction. It's tricky when using a RZ cert b/c there's no way to split a $5 RZ cert on a $5 pre-order transaction w/o adding something else. The gc though is easy just give them the $1 1st(plus tax) then pay off the rest.
The only part to worry about is the pre-order though the final portion shows up just check any purchase made with both cash/cert & look at the transaction on the RZ site at how it breaks down the points.

I hope they add more gamers club perks geared to customers like me who purchase tons of pre-orders/games in general. Something that was hinted to previously.

[quote name='vc318']Is the 500 points for pre-ordering LA Noire only available in-store?[/QUOTE]
No, that's on the Rewards Zone site now. You'll get 500 points for ordering online.

For the benefit of anyone who hasn't been through the long and arduous process of earning bonus points for online purchases, here's how it works: shortly after you make your purchase (a few days, perhaps) you can visit www.myrz.com to confirm you will be getting your bonus points. After logging in, click the "My Account" page and you should see a list of transactions in a box called "Points and Purchases." All that will tell you is that you have some points pending, but not how many. If you then click the "Points and Purchases" button it will open a new page where there should be a little + button next to your online purchase that lets you expand details. Click the + and you should see a breakdown of how many points you will eventually get for your purchase, including Preorder points. It took me a little while to stumble across this, so I figured I'd post about it.

Anyway, what I actually came here to post, though was: did anyone actually get 500 points for pre-ordering Brink? It's clearly listed on the BBY forums as posted by a Best Buy employee as one of the games eligible for a pre-order bonus (see link on OP), but there was no mention of a pre-order bonus at the in-store kiosk I visited about 2 weeks ago, and it never showed up as a Gamer's Club promotion on the RZ site. I called Best Buy customer service on Monday and the Game Purchasing rep I spoke with seemed to know about the deal but couldn't find it, so he forwarded me to RZ customer support who told me if I couldn't find the link online it probably isn't a real promotion & I shouldn't pre-order.

What a mess! Navigating BBY's game deals lately has been a nightmare, and it's really a little sad that even they can't seem to agree on what their own promotions are. I don't know whether I should pre-order online, pre-order in-store or just trade in all my BBY credits for Amazon gift cards and shop there, lol.

Anyway, based on the reviews I'm reading for Brink, maybe BBY actually did me a favor, lol. I think I'll just keep my eye out for price drops on Brink and start researching the best way to get LA Noire. :)

I did not get my points for Brink either; when I called no one knew anything about it.

I used my Portal 2/ MK coupons for Brink and sold the Fallout DLC and ended up paying 7 bucks for Brink.. Not Too shabby

L.A. Noire I want to pre order from best buy to get the 500 bonus points But I am scared because the website says nothing of it.

thanks!

[quote name='speleofool']No, that's on the Rewards Zone site now. You'll get 500 points for ordering online.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ephermal']I did not get my points for Brink either; when I called no one knew anything about it.
L.A. Noire I want to pre order from best buy to get the 500 bonus points But I am scared because the website says nothing of it.thanks![/QUOTE]
both brink & LA noire are listed on the myrz site for $10 pre-orders. The site is current & up to date.
1-Log in
2-click on "get earning"
3-scroll to "offers and promotions"
4-filter by "gamers club"

brink is on page 1 along with red faction, cars 2, deus Ex & Hunted:the demon's forge. Page 2 has LA Noire & Duke Nukem.
They made it much to complex to find things on the Rz site now.
Generally, the points don't post show right away usually takes 3-4 days to see them if the post as "500 bonus points RZ gamers club" or may take the whole 30 days to show like it's listed in the last post on page 3.

[quote name='Enuf']both brink & LA noire are listed on the myrz site for $10 pre-orders. The site is current & up to date.
1-Log in
2-click on "get earning"

brink is on page 1 along with red faction, cars 2, deus Ex & Hunted:the demon's forge. Page 2 has LA Noire & Duke Nukem.
They made it much to complex to find things on the Rz site now.
Generally, the points don't post show right away usually takes 3-4 days to see them if the post as "500 bonus points RZ gamers club" or may take the whole 30 days to show like it's listed in the last post on page 3.[/QUOTE]

I'm a RZ member but do I have to join something else specifically? It says to join the gamers club but when I click join there is no registration? Or does being a RZ member count as being apart of the club already

[quote name='Enuf']No you gotta join the gamers club if your having trouble contact RZ thru the members line maybe they can assist.[/QUOTE]

I tried again and it worked. However, under "your weekly deals", it doesn't show any deals for me. Will that be a problem if I go preorder LA Noire?

[quote name='Capocci 007']I tried again and it worked. However, under "your weekly deals", it doesn't show any deals for me. Will that be a problem if I go preorder LA Noire?[/QUOTE]

No LA Noire is now listed if there's a problem receiving the $10 it'll probably be an issue that affects everybody all at once. When this has happened in the past 1 phone call to RZ got the points asap.

[quote name='Enuf']both brink & LA noire are listed on the myrz site for $10 pre-orders. The site is current & up to date.
1-Log in
2-click on "get earning"

brink is on page 1 along with red faction, cars 2, deus Ex & Hunted:the demon's forge. Page 2 has LA Noire & Duke Nukem....[/QUOTE]Huh. Sure enough, I see it there now. The steps you posted here are exactly what I have been doing to confirm pre-order bonus points. Funny that I couldn't find Brink listed on Monday and neither could BBY customer servce when I called, but now the deal is posted just like it was there all along. I wonder what else might have changed since Monday because there were 8 deals posted then, too. Weird.

Best Buy is also now offering a $15 GC online with order of LA Noire on top of 500 points.

Here's my question: LA Noire details say limit three 500 bonus points per title. I know it used to be, when you could preorder and not buy, you could preorder 3 PS3 versions, 3 Xbox 360 versions and get 6x bonus points, but now is it only 3 across all systems? Or 3 per system?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']OP updated
Zelda confirmed-1st game to stack with the $100 RZ promo
will keep updating as more info comes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update - you're a hero to all who are enjoying the fruits of best buy's newfound efforts to woo gamers.

Do these pre-order bonuses work on limited or collector's editions too? For example, the Deus Ex Augmented Edition? I can't seem to find the info anywhere on the site...

[quote name='Enuf']
Zelda confirmed-1st game to stack with the $100 RZ promo.[/QUOTE]

Very nice. Hopefully the $10 as well as $100 promo's will also work with the Zelda that should come bundled with a Wii Motion Plus controller. I'm pretty sure the FAQ in the BB forums said that special editions will work with the $100 promo, but haven't seen any confirmation on the $10 GC.

Same thing with the Deus Ex Augmented edition - no proof that that comes with the $10 GC, or even the preorder bonus DLC

[quote name='Thrakker']Very nice. Hopefully the $10 as well as $100 promo's will also work with the Zelda that should come bundled with a Wii Motion Plus controller. I'm pretty sure the FAQ in the BB forums said that special editions will work with the $100 promo, but haven't seen any confirmation on the $10 GC.
Same thing with the Deus Ex Augmented edition - no proof that that comes with the $10 GC, or even the preorder bonus DLC[/QUOTE]Deus Ex & Zelda come with $10 pre-order credit not $10 gc...at least not yet. The Deus Ex offer is confirmed on the RZ site already, doesn't matter what version just like Infamous 2 hero edition. The zelda offer has been confirmed on the BB forums page along with ghost recon it's been there since the RZ site overhaul.

[quote name='Enuf']Deus Ex & Zelda come with $10 pre-order credit not $10 gc...at least not yet. The Deus Ex offer is confirmed on the RZ site already, doesn't matter what version just like Infamous 2 hero edition. The zelda offer has been confirmed on the BB forums page along with ghost recon it's been there since the RZ site overhaul.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant $10 pre-order RZ bonus credit, sorry. I know I've seen confirmation that special editions will count towards the $100/5 promo, just hadn't seen it written anywhere that they also get any $10 RZ credits as well.

bread's done
Back