6/25 ONLY Twisted Metal and 6/26 ONLY Starhawk $30 each at GameStop

Byakurai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
Both Starhawk and Twisted Metal (PS3 only) will be on sale at GameStop for $29.99 each for different daily sales.

With Starhawk hitting the $30 price point at some Targets, a sale on these two doesn't seem so far fetched. If you can find a launch copy of Twisted Metal (The store I checked didn't have the limited edition), it comes with a free copy of Twisted Metal Black.

6/25 Twisted Metal http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/twisted-metal/78157
6/26 Starhawk http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/starhawk/91062

Update: Sounds like it's a one day sale according to you guys, so I updated accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']The game and manual were there but the fucking codes were gutted out. I tried finding a sealed copy but the gamestops in my area are out of them. I hope this isnt the case for starhawk tommorow.[/QUOTE]
yeah. i want a sealed starhawk.

Grabbed my copy of twisted metal for 29. Nice. I asked the manager to set aside the last copy of starhawk (sealed) for me tomorrow. He did. I'll be picking it up tomorrow when the store opens as I told him it goes on sale tomorrow. Surprised they did this. Great day!

[quote name='cody cmon']i just got it in store for this price. for anyone who purchased the limited edition, is there supposed to be a slip with the TM: Black code? as my 'new' copy didn't come with any slip.[/QUOTE]

I purchased mine but wasn't the LE however it did have the a slip with the TM:B code and Starhawk code

Got my copy today and it was $29.99 in store. They actually had all the sale stuff stickered which was a surprise. The bigger surprise was that I actually got a sealed copy of the game with the "Black" download. Thanks OP for the heads up as I probably would have missed out otherwise!
Also my store was passing out "Gamestock" tickets to redeem online (haven't done it yet).

Got the last copy of Twisted Metal sealed with Black code inside. At first they just grabbed a copy and I asked if they had a copy with the code and they doubled checked. It's a rarity but the guys that work at my GameStop are actually pretty nice and cordial.

everyone in every TM forum says that this game is garbage. 10$ BB sale or bust from me, thanks. starhawk will be the same.

Ain[quote name='taylort3']everyone in every TM forum says that this game is garbage. 10$ BB sale or bust from me, thanks. starhawk will be the same.[/QUOTE]

Yea, felt meh to me but did have a few gameplay moments so I was thinking about picking it up again (20 new seems solid)

Well, I'm disappointed. Checked the website and it said that they had some new copies at the Gamestop nearby (not home right now, and there's only one Gamestop around here). Turns out, the website was wrong. They had a bunch of used copies, but no new copies- even though they had a few Twisted Metal cases on display (which said 'new'). Screw that. I can just wait until the price drops. Or I'll try to order online. Hopefully they have Starhawk. Going to try for that tomorrow.

I picked up a sealed copy of Twisted Metal and I have a Starhawk set aside for me for tomorrow.

Worker also confirmed that B2G1 free starts Thursday,

Finally found a LE copy after checking 3 stores. It was a gutted copy but both passes were with the disc so they both should still work... they better LOL.

[quote name='iduncurr']I picked up a sealed copy of Twisted Metal and I have a Starhawk set aside for me for tomorrow.

Worker also confirmed that B2G1 free starts Thursday,[/QUOTE]

B2G1 on new games???

i bought TM at launchish. it was ok i didnt finish it did sell it back though. im not sure i want this as i kind of want to save the credit for possibly a wii u later and i dont have the cash now. and the backlog is ridiculous so as much as i want to finish TM and want to try star hawk i just cant right now. not when for 10 dollars less i can get SXX and resistance 3!

Managed to get a sealed copy of TM, fun game. Didn't get the limited though, if anybody has an extra code send me a pm (willing to trade or buy).

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I wish...they stopped back in 2003 or so.[/QUOTE]

Damn!

Thanks for the response!

As much as I hate giving my money to gamestop I went in for TM. It's pretty good fun. I'll probably pick up Starhawk tomorrow because that game looks fun as well.

Where was this sale advertised? I'd just like to know so that if I walk into the store tomorrow and Starhawk rings up for $40 I have something to point the cashier to.

I apologize for my ignorance, but does GameStop do price adjustments? I bought Starhawk today (didn't see this thread) for $40. Would they adjust it down, or do I have to do a return/rebuy? It's still sealed.

Any chance I can still score a copy of twisted metal tomorrow? I was super busy the past two days studying to get certified for my job and just saw this deal. Twisted metal and starhawk are the two games Ive had my eye on for a while.

[quote name='GuyManDude']I apologize for my ignorance, but does GameStop do price adjustments? I bought Starhawk today (didn't see this thread) for $40. Would they adjust it down, or do I have to do a return/rebuy? It's still sealed.[/QUOTE]

If it's still sealed then there's absolutely no problem. Just simply return & rebuy tomorrow for the sale price :)

Picked up Twisted Metal at first, it's sealed but no TM:Black. Thanks OP

[quote name='dapunisure']Any chance I can still score a copy of twisted metal tomorrow? I was super busy the past two days studying to get certified for my job and just saw this deal. Twisted metal and starhawk are the two games Ive had my eye on for a while.[/QUOTE]

Twisted Metal unfortunately was a 1 day sale only.

Got the LE of TM on release date so glad I got the normal version this time, it came with a Sweet Tooth skin code for Starhawk witch I'm getting tomorrow.

Daily sales suck 8o( That's why so many companies nowadays are going away from "surprise" daily sales and doing planned out deals each month/week so it's not as easy to just miss something. If I would have seen this yesterday I would have picked it up without question. 49.99 used for this game is insane.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Finally found a sealed imited edition starhawk. The other stores havent had it in a week. Way to keep up with potential demand gamestop ......[/QUOTE]

This is the one case in which I believe you to be the idiot and Gamestop in the right.

It's the LIMITED edition for fucks sake! Exclusive only to them, it wouldnt make too much sense for them to overbuy on this one. They have regular copies available as the game has been out for 6 weeks, limited editions should be just that...

if starhawk is 30 new today, how much is it used? still a higher price? they are offering 30% bonus trade toward purchase of a pre owned game and I could just swap it for inversion real quick basically.

website lists it as 34.99 i am hoping it would be at least 29.99 like the new version.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']This is the one case in which I believe you to be the idiot and Gamestop in the right.

It's the LIMITED edition for fucks sake! Exclusive only to them, it wouldnt make too much sense for them to overbuy on this one. They have regular copies available as the game has been out for 6 weeks, limited editions should be just that...[/QUOTE]

Dude i wasnt searching for the limited edition in particular. I just wanted the game in general. I only stated that i got the Limited edition cause thats what they gave me. I was mad about them not keeping the game (either version) in stock period. YOU ARE BLASTING ME OVER NOTHING !!!! YOU IDI..... no im not stooping to your level

[quote name='strait edge follower']Dude i wasnt searching for the limited edition in particular. I just wanted the game in general. I only stated that i got the Limited edition cause thats what they gave me. I was mad about them not keeping the game (either version) in stock period. YOU ARE BLASTING ME OVER NOTHING !!!! YOU IDI..... no im not stooping to your level[/QUOTE]

Hey SxE, not sure if you tried the 30 Rock Plaza location, that's where I picked mine up about an hour ago. Although, I asked them to put it on hold for me yesterday because I knew it would be going on sale today. When they checked the computer yesterday I thought they had 3 copies on hand. I could be wrong though and it could already be sold out.

Wow! Just got back with my LE copy of Starhawk. Was like pulling teeth though lol. Hadn't been there for like a year, but I had giftcard to spend. The clerk was fighting with me to buy their promo card. "what? no all I want is the game please." Not only that, he tried to spin the $29.99 promo as only for people with that card. And then asked a few times about the high insurance for the game Now I remember why I stopped shopping there.

would it be wrong to trade in a game toward a pre owned game, then return it and buy a new game with it?

their bonus trade credit just toward used games then selling the used game at a higher price is quite a silly gesture on their part.

[quote name='Thomas96']is this deal online only, or is it available in store?[/QUOTE]

It is in-store also. they might have to look it up but you should get it for $29.99 today (I did).

[quote name='NamPaehc']Wow! Just got back with my LE copy of Starhawk. Was like pulling teeth though lol. Hadn't been there for like a year, but I had giftcard to spend. The clerk was fighting with me to buy their promo card. "what? no all I want is the game please." Not only that, he tried to spin the $29.99 promo as only for people with that card. And then asked a few times about the high insurance for the game Now I remember why I stopped shopping there.[/QUOTE]

That's dime serious bull. know I would've left, but you has a gift card so I understand.

Picked up Starhawk and got a price match no problem at Best Buy. Can't wait to try out the Sweet Tooth skin I got with TM a while ago.

bread's done
Back