6/6 Target Temp Price Cuts

orochi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
There's some notable Temp Price Cuts for consoles this week. I'll post pics of the signs when I get home.

x360 & PS3
Dragon Age : Origins
Dante's Inferno
Army Of Two : 40th Day

Wii
EA Active Personal Trainer

Tatsunko vs Capcom
Monster Hunter 3

Beatles : Rockband
Need For Speed : Nitro
EA Sports Active : More Workout

SimAnimals Africa.

DS
Kingdom Hearts 365/2 Days

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cheapskate']So in other words, "Sale" but one less letter to type?[/QUOTE]
TPCs typically last from anywhere between 28-60 days (I did see some TPCs as short as 10 days, and some as long as 3 1/2 months as well though). I guess whomever thought up Target's signage back in the early 90s thought that having something specifically marked "Sale" for a full 2 months would give off a negative connotation about the product.

Trust me, I had the same question when I first started working there back in '99.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I LOVE tpcs !!!! Thanks.

*runs off to google "tpc"*[/QUOTE]

i lol'd hard. best use of underlining for comedic value i've seen.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Don't forget the cover sheet.[/QUOTE]

Oh, oh, and I almost forgot. Ahh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too...

[quote name='AceSXE']Oh, oh, and I almost forgot. Ahh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too...[/QUOTE]
it is time to take your medicine

[quote name='Strell']It was a sad day when TPC got shot. I have to pour one out for my homie.[/QUOTE]

Whew, thought you said "rub" there for a minute.

[quote name='Cheapskate']So in other words, "Sale" but one less letter to type?[/QUOTE]

I like you.

[quote name='Traitorious']TPCs typically last from anywhere between 28-60 days (I did see some TPCs as short as 10 days, and some as long as 3 1/2 months as well though). I guess whomever thought up Target's signage back in the early 90s thought that having something specifically marked "Sale" for a full 2 months would give off a negative connotation about the product.

Trust me, I had the same question when I first started working there back in '99.[/QUOTE]

Yep, TPCs are mostly 2-3 weeks, maybe even longer, and for the most part are never advertised in the Sunday ad. I think I heard an explanation somewhere that TPCs are manufacturer-initiated, while Sale items are initiated by Target.

Wow, if initiated by the manufacturer, does that also mean other stores get the same discounts as well? Thinking of Amazon's tax free shopping and FSSS, and the ability to use my Amazon GC instead of shelling out cash means I'll choose Amazon over almost every other retailer, if the deals are the same (Come on, Amazon, match MH3!!!).

bread's done
Back