$6.99 videogame clearance at BJ's, YMMV?

unicron129

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I went to BJ's (ignore sexual connotation) and when I went to the videogame aisle they had all the GBA titles/ Xbox titles and select PSP,DS,PS2 titles on clearance for $6.99. The titles that I remember were:

ALL CLEARANCE GAMES HAVE A BIG SQUARE ORANGE STICKER THAT SAYS $6.99!

DS
Ridge Racer DS
Star Fox Command
Monster House

PSP
Midway(or something) arcade collection

PS2
FF VII: Dirge of Cerberus

GBA
Every GBA game they had left was on clearance

So thats obviously a pretty incomplete list but really the only deals were starfox DS and Dirge Of cerberus (only picked up star fox).

This was at Malden/Everett, Massachusetts BJ's.

I'll call the one in Newnan. BTW, it is across the street from Dick's.

EDIT: I was told that you would have to be a member, but they might be wrong. I'll check tomorrow

I work at BJ's Wholesale Club down in Parkland, FL and atleast here we aren't doing that sale.
I may check again tommarow, not that it'd matter though. Our videogame section is abmysal at best.
Only perk was getting God of War 2 at 8.99 =]
Love code 621646

[quote name='unicron129']
PSP
Miday(or something) arcade collection
[/QUOTE]

You probably mean Midway. You haven't been gaming for very long, have you? ;)

I meant midway. Sorry, kinda rushed through the post so I wouldn't forget to tell you guys. And I have been gaming since 94 (2 years old) and I was familiar with midway ;). There wouldn't be a rampage without them.

[quote name='unicron129']I meant midway. Sorry, kinda rushed through the post so I wouldn't forget to tell you guys. And I have been gaming since 94 (2 years old) and I was familiar with midway ;). There wouldn't be a rampage without them.[/QUOTE]

That's OK. It's good to know your gaming history. Also, you should go back and pick up that comp since it's a great value at $6.99 :D

[quote name='guyinga']I'll call the one in Newnan. BTW, it is across the street from Dick's.

EDIT: I was told that you would have to be a member, but they might be wrong. I'll check tomorrow[/quote]
Hey guyinga, I just got a few days ago a free trial membership card to BJ's so please leave something for me at the Newnan store okay?:lol:

[quote name='unicron129']I meant midway. Sorry, kinda rushed through the post so I wouldn't forget to tell you guys. And I have been gaming since 94 (2 years old) and I was familiar with midway ;). There wouldn't be a rampage without them.[/QUOTE]

Holy cats now even I feel old.

2007-1992 = 15 WOW

[quote name='twen']Dick's across from a BJ's?[/quote]

Yes

And pentapenguin, I'll try....you can have all the crappy Madden games. I'm getting like Gears of War or something for $6.99. :lol:

Daran, I live right next to ya then. Yeah, I really don't go to BJ's for games. Their sections suck the big one.

Actually since I joined BJ's (like 6 months ago) my location in Woodbridge, VA periodically clearances out games and gaming stuff alot. I picked up a XBOX Live Vision pack at $49 then found 2 more a month later clearanced down to $25 each (crazy deal includes 2 arcade games, camera & 1yr Live subscription). Also picked up multiple titles clearanced at least 50% off for mainly last generation games but I've seen sports 360 games, DS and PSP games. Also I see a handful of clearanced PC games.

BJ's has a terrible choice of games and DVDs, and both of which are not cheap at all. They have some of the highest DVD prices I have seen.

[quote name='unicron129']I went to BJ's (ignore sexual connotation) and when I went to the videogame aisle they had all the GBA titles/ Xbox titles and select PSP,DS,PS2 titles on clearance for $6.99. The titles that I remember were:

ALL CLEARANCE GAMES HAVE A BIG SQUARE ORANGE STICKER THAT SAYS $6.99!

DS
Ridge Racer DS
Star Fox Command
Monster House

PSP
Miday(or something) arcade collection

PS2
FF VII: Dirge of Cerberus

GBA
Every GBA game they had left was on clearance

So thats obviously a pretty incomplete list but really the only deals were starfox DS and Dirge Of cerberus (only picked up star fox).[/quote]

If anyone is willing to pick up FFVII:DoC for me...I'll gladly pay the price, shipping, and tax. Please PM me if someone is going by and can pick up an extra one!

[quote name='Logg']Holy cats now even I feel old.

2007-1992 = 15 WOW[/quote]

Well actually I was born in 1991 (december) so I was about to be 3.

Also, Edited first post. This was at the Everett/ Malden Bj's (the one near station landing, costco, target)

[quote name='tinyandi']If anyone is willing to pick up FFVII:DoC for me...I'll gladly pay the price, shipping, and tax. Please PM me if someone is going by and can pick up an extra one![/quote]

Come to Newnan. They have FFVII: DoC for 60% off at Best Buy.

[quote name='Vakir']Daran, I live right next to ya then. Yeah, I really don't go to BJ's for games. Their sections suck the big one.[/quote]

Wow, I never thought I'd find another CAG in Boca. I live off of 441 and Palmetto Pk Rd if you know where that is. :D

Anyways though, BJ's is usually good about pleasing their customers. If you show them a game that they don't have another copy of, they'll usually bargain with you and give you 10-20% off the normal price.

If you find a nice cashier though, and tell them to punch in code 621646 for whatever video game (not the ones in the shrink cage at the front desk though.) games can be had at 8.99.

I'll check today if the clearence is going on here though.

Mine had these (among others, mostly already listed) for $6.99:

GC
Simpsons Hit and Run

Xbox
Project Gotham Racing
Various shitty bargain racing games (like Ford Racing)

GBA
Stuff no self-respecting gamer would care about

DS
Ridge Racer

PS2
Dragon Quest VIII ($7.99)

PC
Battlefield 2

That's the most memorable stuff. As you can tell, it was mostly shit.

If someone is able to get another Star Fox, are you interested in trading that for a sealed Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow? or cash? Please PM me. Thanks.

Picked up about Mega Man BN 5 and Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble for this price about a week and a half ago. I usually don't check their game prices so I thought it was something normal.

There were a bunch of gba, gamecube, xbox games, with a few ps2/ds games at the BJ's I went to today. Best thing I saw was Socom 3 for $6.99.

As for the play of names: Dick's is coming to Cumming, GA across from BJ's. Not a joke...

[quote name='Daran']Wow, I never thought I'd find another CAG in Boca. I live off of 441 and Palmetto Pk Rd if you know where that is. :D

Anyways though, BJ's is usually good about pleasing their customers. If you show them a game that they don't have another copy of, they'll usually bargain with you and give you 10-20% off the normal price.

If you find a nice cashier though, and tell them to punch in code 621646 for whatever video game (not the ones in the shrink cage at the front desk though.) games can be had at 8.99.

I'll check today if the clearence is going on here though.[/quote]

Yeah, I go to that BJs pretty often. I live on Oriole Country Rd. How i the pay at BJ's? And are they hiring? I'm looking for a job.

BJ's sounds good. I would definitely shop there. Can't say I'm curious about Bi-Mart though.

Can anyone tell me what GBA games they have, I'm trying to complete the gba library and I need a couple hundred more, if anyone can tell me what they saw or keep an eye open next time they do for me it would be appreciated.

[quote name='xSEED']what's bj's?[/quote]

its a wholesale place like sams club

[quote name='jputahraptor']Can anyone tell me what GBA games they have, I'm trying to complete the gba library and I need a couple hundred more, if anyone can tell me what they saw or keep an eye open next time they do for me it would be appreciated.[/quote]

only a couple hundred, eh?

[quote name='jputahraptor']Can anyone tell me what GBA games they have, I'm trying to complete the gba library and I need a couple hundred more, if anyone can tell me what they saw or keep an eye open next time they do for me it would be appreciated.[/quote]

I didn't really look through the gba titles, but it basically looked like almost all gamecube, xbox, and gba titles were part of the markdown. BJ's doesn't carry a huge selection of games and if seems like they are moving towards current systems only and dumping the stuff that has been sitting there....

[quote name='Foo228']its a wholesale place like sams club

only a couple hundred, eh?[/QUOTE]

722 down and 250 and change left to go by gamedude's checklist, to many to name but to few to give up on. I want to complete one system library before I die.

[quote name='jputahraptor']722 down and 250 and change left to go by gamedude's checklist, to many to name but to few to give up on. I want to complete one system library before I die.[/quote]

i guess thats a bit more reasonable than i thought...but still :ziplip:
absurd imo

yea, membership is required for purchases.... not sure since i use a membership of a friend.

Anyways.... i bought a few games, and bought metroid 3. This is the best part, apparently the boxes are empty, and you need to go get the game at the register, something that no one decided I needed to know.

So i now own a metroid 3 box -_-.... not only that, but the BJs i purchased it at is 1h and 30 min away from where i live, since i was in the area anyways.

Anyone know if any BJs will fill the box>? or does it have to be that BJ where it was purchased?

[quote name='twen']Dick's across from a BJ's?[/quote]

Twen, i read every post but was still laughing my ass off at the end from your quote. You sounded so blunt. lmao

[quote name='Vakir']Yeah, I go to that BJs pretty often. I live on Oriole Country Rd. How i the pay at BJ's? And are they hiring? I'm looking for a job.[/quote]

Wow, you're close. :applause:

They started me at 7.25, i'm only 16 though.
But they hire by experience and i've seen people 18+ go in there for a job and get started at 9/hr.

It depends upon your experience really, being bilingual nets you an extra dollar an hour.. you know how many people speak spanish here??

[quote name='reicaden']yea, membership is required for purchases.... not sure since i use a membership of a friend.

Anyways.... i bought a few games, and bought metroid 3. This is the best part, apparently the boxes are empty, and you need to go get the game at the register, something that no one decided I needed to know.

So i now own a metroid 3 box -_-.... not only that, but the BJs i purchased it at is 1h and 30 min away from where i live, since i was in the area anyways.

Anyone know if any BJs will fill the box>? or does it have to be that BJ where it was purchased?[/quote]

Yeah, they should fill the box for you. They'll see they have 1 more Metroid in stock than they're supposed too.

They have alot of shit, but i've seen a couple Sigma Star Sagas, an FFIV and some Rebelstars.

Camp Hill, PA had a couple of copies of Tony Hawk for the DS. for $6.99. Lots of others that I can't recall at the moment. Some of it wasn't in the normal games area, but in the seasonal area.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Any website for this store ?? I wonder any local store in MO or NOT ??[/quote]

[SIZE=-1]www.bjs.com/locations/[/SIZE]

I can confirm this clearance in Auburn, so upstate NY CAGs, be on the lookout. I really didn't see anything good at my store, tho. Mostly that recent line of XBox 9.99 Platinum Hits, like Project Gotham Racing, and budget titles like Ford Racing and the like. Wish I'd been lucky enough to find a Star Fox Command :cry:

Also, I didn't realize you HAD to be a member to shop there; I guess my presumption was that anyone can make purchases, but if you're not a member you have to pay, like, a 10% surchage on everything. Or is that the policy at Sam's Club?

For what it's worth tho: the day I spotted those clearance games I ended up buying a frozen lasagna. When I got to the register and the cashier asked me for my membership card, I told her politely that I wasn't a member. I must've had a disappointed, hang-dog look on my face when I said that, because she cheerfully whipped out her own membership card and scanned it for me. So even if you're not a member, it may be worth a look.

Anyone willing to pick up and ship a copy of God of War 2 for me? My friend just beat the first one and his birthday is coming up.

[quote name='jputahraptor']722 down and 250 and change left to go by gamedude's checklist, to many to name but to few to give up on. I want to complete one system library before I die.[/QUOTE]

Cool dude - and have fun with the hunt. My largest near complete system library is Dreamcast (only a couple dozen to go), but I do have complete collections for Virtual Boy, NeoGeo Pocket, and Game.com. :)

[quote name='Daran']I work at BJ's Wholesale Club down in Parkland, FL and atleast here we aren't doing that sale.
I may check again tommarow, not that it'd matter though. Our videogame section is abmysal at best.
Only perk was getting God of War 2 at 8.99 =]
Love code 621646[/quote]

How did you get god of war 2 for 8.99?? was it on clearance of did you get some kind of discount??

[quote name='JGram33']How did you get god of war 2 for 8.99?? was it on clearance of did you get some kind of discount??[/quote]

Tell the cashier to punch the code 621646 and if you have a half-decent cashier (like me) they'll do it for you.

bread's done
Back