6 FT Component Cable (Wii) for $3.36 on monoprice.com

Monoprice is always great quality for their cables. I've been using this one since it came out and use most of their products in my home theatre.

Yeah monoprice is a great home theater product site. Last night I just bought a mount for my new 42" TV, 2 HDMI cables, a long component cable (Male to Male) and 2 optical audio cables for less than $50 including shipping.

I just ordered the NYKO wires from Amazon for $13. I could have gotten this for roughly $6 with S&H. Probably will keep the ones I ordered out of convenience when it gets here...does that make me a bad CAG?

I'd for sure be in for one of these if my monitor had Component inputs... damn you Nintendo for making me play in 480i!

[quote name='bb4lake']I just ordered the NYKO wires from Amazon for $13. I could have gotten this for roughly $6 with S&H. Probably will keep the ones I ordered out of convenience when it gets here...does that make me a bad CAG?[/QUOTE]

No, not bad. You just aren't as hardcore of a penny pincher as some of the other CAGs around here though.

[quote name='bb4lake']I just ordered the NYKO wires from Amazon for $13. I could have gotten this for roughly $6 with S&H. Probably will keep the ones I ordered out of convenience when it gets here...does that make me a bad CAG?[/QUOTE]

No, because after return shipping you'd probably be out the same amount of $.

I can vouch for the quality of the monoprice wii cables also. I have two hdmi cables and an optical cable from them too, and they are good quality and got to me quickly.

Picked up a bunch of stuff from these guys and got it in 3 or 4 days and for less than half of what other places charge, they're top notch.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']In for one, thanks OP

Question though, does this make a huge difference over the standard AV cables on a 46in 1080p LCD?[/QUOTE]

Some will say yes, others will say no.

But really, the Wii wasn't made for HD so any upgrade in quality to the images you see will be minor at best.

If you've got spare component inputs, and this thing is only a few bucks, why not?

I don't think it HURTS.

Question though, does this make a huge difference over the standard AV cables on a 46in 1080p LCD?[/QUOTE]

Yes, good component cables most certainly will make a noticeable difference on a 46" 1080p. Component cables have the picture separated into 3 cables whereas composite is just the one yellow cable.

Anyhow thanks, I'm in for one, along with a 10ft HDMI 1.3 cable too.

in for one, thanks OP.

too bad they don't have the xbox 360 hdmi+optical sound accessory... i had to ebay for an alternative to the $50 MS kit.

Received mine yesterday, thanks again OP! Glad I bought them because I noticed my regular Nintendo cables are starting to get cut up. I can't tell if there is a different because I haven't used my Wii in so long. But definitely worth the purchase.

Having had component cables for my GameCube, when I first got my Wii and used its composite cables I was horrified that it almost looked as bad as an N64! When I got the component cables, the difference was truly night and day.

Monoprice has the best cables at the best prices hands down. I set up my projector system with it, with 35-50' cables, and all are of the best quality, I was actually a little surprised at how well it worked due to the cost. I am only buying from monoprice, and continually recommend it to others for any cable needs.

Last time I bought a Wii cable from monoprice, it was pretty terrible. The video output was green, and jiggling the cable resulted in a rainbow of failure flickering all over the screen.

On the up side, they did refund my money and told me i didn't even have to bother to return the cable. For those that did order this - let us know how the quality of cables are.

As for the difference between composite and compenent it largely depends on your tv but at sub $10 it will be worth it. I've used component on all three last gen systems and it is great.

I also buy all my cables exclusively from monoprice. Ethernet, hdmi, speaker wire and more has all been top notch. I have bought three wii component cables from them and they've all been great.

I went from a rather shoddy composite (yellow only) cable to component for my PS2 to 42" 1080p TV, and the difference was absolutely astounding. I highly recommend making the leap.

The cable I got was from Monoprice as well. It was backordered, and the first estimated arrival time got pushed back, sadly, but I stuck it out and it got to me in like 2 days.

I've used Monoprice for a lot of things. Any of their cables (i.e. not third party) are a fantastic value, but not every item you purchase there will be great. If it's clearly a third-party item then take the quality with the same grain of salt you would anywhere else, but Monoprice will still have a better deal.

Again, anything involving digital or analog signal cables... I can't recommend Monoprice enough. They even significantly reduced their shipping costs for smaller orders recently.

Absolutely. The difference between 480i and 480p on an HDTV is pretty big.

Ordered mine like 2 years ago and the first one I got was defective. Sent 1 email & they sent out a new one and had me chuck the other in the trash, no fuss.

It's hard to beat dirt cheap prices & excellent customer service.

bread's done
Back