$60 for complete Suikoden II a good deal?

Well it's at a local Gamestop and I am buying it to eventually play it and I never sell my games. I bought Disgaea around New Year's for 40 because I knew I wanted to play it and that's the cheapest I saw it and prices seemed to keep going higher so that's kind of what I'm thinking of doing here.

It's a great game, even better if you have played and finish Suikoden I as you carry your data over for a great side quest.

[quote name='Skylander7']It's a great game, even better if you have played and finish Suikoden I as you carry your data over for a great side quest.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention you get to appreciate the repeat cast SOOOO much more.

I can't imagine playing II w/o playing I. Well, I can. Only I'd be extremely confused.

But good price - that's what I bought mine @ before I used the Value Card to make it $54.

you just need the save on the memory card in slot 1 right? i actually have "both" saves (one with and without the "event"), so as long as thats the card i'm using for S2 it will work right? or do i have to select the save or something?

oh and it's an "ok" deal, make sure it's in mint condition........kind of rip considering you're buying it from a gamestop store, didnt know they were allowed to sell it for over the MSRP.

Suikoden II sells for $59.99 in all GS stores even though they list it as $49.99 online (but it was always out of stock at the online store).

I heard there's a bug that messes up your character's name during the transfer from I's save, you need a GameShark to correct the converted name.

transfer? so you do select your old save from the card at the beggining to make it work?

also, i bought mine used from a GS for 30 bucks, and this was about a year and a half ago so it wasnt really any cheaper overall, so thats odd (well i didnt buy it, in a desperate attempt i called every GS that was near a relative and one of them had it).

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']Suikoden II sells for $59.99 in all GS stores even though they list it as $49.99 online (but it was always out of stock at the online store).

I heard there's a bug that messes up your character's name during the transfer from I's save, you need a GameShark to correct the converted name.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yea. My Hero was named "Falco", so in Suiko II, his name was changed to Fcdohl or something. Taking the first letter from the character name and shoving it into McDohl just doesn't work with me.

bread's done
Back