60 GB PS3 @ Costco B&M $699-with Extra Controller & Genji-Return & Warranty Info!

Oxybeles

CAGiversary!
$699 for 60GB PLAYSTATION 3 with an extra controller and Genji. Trade-In Genji and buy a decent game, if you can find one.

A whopping $10 Savings...They were not flying out the door...

I did not see the Fat Wallet Post, I happened to go to Costco today.

The official policy for Returns:

"1 Costco will accept returns within
90 days from the date of purchase
for the following items:
•Televisions
•Computers
•Cameras
•Camcorders
•iPod/MP3 players
•Cellular phones
2 Costco offers FREE technical support
for televisions, computers, cameras,
camcorders and iPod/MP3 players
purchased from Costco or costco.com,
through Costco Concierge Services at
1-866-861-0450. Technical support for
cellular phones is provided by the cell
phone service provider.
3 Costco extends the manufacturer’s
warranty on Televisions and Computers
to 2 years from the date of purchase. See
the manufacturer’s warranty for specific
coverage terms. For warranty service,
contact Costco Concierge Services at
1-866-861-0450.
4 Costco offers in-home television setup
(wall mounting not included) for $89.99,
available for purchase at costco.com
(ITEM 126032).
Your satisfaction is Costco’s top priority."

It would seem that videogame systems are excluded, unless they are deemed a computer.

Aside from the fact I am an idiot, I apologize again!!!! DOH!!!!!

[quote name='gizmogc']So $10 off MSRP is a good deal?[/QUOTE]

Two months ago people were posting "deals" that didn't save you any money, so we are improving.

[quote name='David85']Two months ago people were posting "deals" that didn't save you any money, so we are improving.[/QUOTE]

True...if saving $10 off Genji is a 'good deal'.

Saw this on Fatwallet earlier today, and folks were flaming THAT guy for posting there...the big question is, what will you do with the $10 you save?!?!

I saw this at Costco the other day. It's a good deal considering Costco's warranty, unless they've changed it. I know they've changed their return policy for some items like TVs and stuff, but I'm not sure if they've changed it for game consoles as well. If they haven't then think of it as PS3 + Genji + Controller + extended trade-in warranty for $700.

[quote name='lurknomore']I think that this post was worthy. Though it may not be a deal. People who buy systems want to know what the Costco bundle usually is.[/QUOTE]

We have known since November/December what the bundle was and how much it was priced.

[quote name='gizmogc']True...if saving $10 off Genji is a 'good deal'.[/QUOTE]

If they paid you $10 to take Genji, then we'd be talking. The demo for that game is one of the worst things I've played in a long time...and I was a fan of Genji 1 (it was one of the best $5 game at BB, 2nd to VF4 Evo.)

I imagine the OP didn't realize that you were actually paying nearly full price for the controller and Genji, or he wouldn't have said they were "Free."

[quote name='chrisnsally']Saw this on Fatwallet earlier today, and folks were flaming THAT guy for posting there...the big question is, what will you do with the $10 you save?!?![/quote]

Buy lots of bubblegum and twix :D

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Isn't the 60gb PS3 $599?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you're getting a bundle with a $60 game and $50 controller for $100 instead of a $110. That's why everyone is saying this deal is crappy and not really a deal. Plus, you're definitely not getting them for "free" as OP says.

Ummm.... People... he also said this...

[quote name='Oxybeles']

A whopping $10 Savings...They were not flying out the door...[/QUOTE]

So he knows it's a shity deal and still posted it!

it could be an ok deal if you would be allowed to return genji (which you should, the game is pretty bad).

still, scoring a ps3 at compusa is the best deal on the ps3 (if you can still get one). not sure about ebay prices, but i think ebay sales of ps3s might be below msrp right now.

The topic is really misleading, since you are not getting anything for free. Like someone said before, you are paying $100 for Genji and the controller, so at the end you save $10.

Can anyone do something about the topic?

[quote name='Porscheboy16']I did it for the basically "lifetime warranty" a few months ago.[/quote]

Do they still have their old policy on returns? I remember reading somewhere that they have a traditional 90 day policy now....

[quote name='npe34']Do they still have their old policy on returns? I remember reading somewhere that they have a traditional 90 day policy now....[/QUOTE]

Yes it is now a 90 Day return policy and a two year warranty!

I apologize for any confusion with the original title, I was limited on time today and mistakenly stated free extra controller and Genji. It is only a $10 savings on the bundle and I left out the most critical element, that being the change in the Price Protection return length to 90 days and a two year warranty vs. lifetime!

Please accept my apology!

[quote name='Oxybeles']$699 for 60GB PLAYSTATION 3 with an extra controller and Genji. Trade-In Genji and buy a decent game, if you can find one.

A whopping $10 Savings...They were not flying out the door...

I did not see the Fat Wallet Post, I happened to go to Costco today.

However, more importantly is that Costco has CHANGED THEIR POLICY to 90 days on price or return of an item and a TWO YEAR warranty. It is no longer lifetime! I believe that LCD and Plasma TVs caused the price protection change.[/quote]

people are still buying the PS3?

[quote name='CaptianHowdy']people are still buying the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they make great housing for poorer folk.

[quote name='Oxybeles']Yes it is now a 90 Day return policy and a two year warranty!

I left out the most critical element, that being the change in the Price Protection return length to 90 days and a two year warranty vs. lifetime!

Please accept my apology![/quote]

Alright, let me see if I can correct your thinking.

*The return policy for the Game Consoles HAVE NOT CHANGED.
*Price Guarentee is STILL 30 days.
*90 day policy refers to computers, tv's, camera's, camcorders, mp3 players, and cell phones.

do these ps3 bundles come with that free talladega nights blu-ray movie? or were those only for the first run ps3s?

Will Farrell himself would have to deliver the PS3 to my house for it to be a good deal.

[quote name='ryanlk']do these ps3 bundles come with that free talladega nights blu-ray movie? or were those only for the first run ps3s?[/quote]

[quote name='Oxybeles']Yes it is now a 90 Day return policy and a two year warranty!

I apologize for any confusion with the original title, I was limited on time today and mistakenly stated free extra controller and Genji. It is only a $10 savings on the bundle and I left out the most critical element, that being the change in the Price Protection return length to 90 days and a two year warranty vs. lifetime!

Please accept my apology![/quote]

Only on TV's, camcorders, digital cameras, and ipods.

other items still have an unlimited return policy.

The official policy:

"1 Costco will accept returns within
90 days from the date of purchase
for the following items:
•Televisions
•Computers
•Cameras
•Camcorders
•iPod/MP3 players
•Cellular phones
2 Costco offers FREE technical support
for televisions, computers, cameras,
camcorders and iPod/MP3 players
purchased from Costco or costco.com,
through Costco Concierge Services at
1-866-861-0450. Technical support for
cellular phones is provided by the cell
phone service provider.
3 Costco extends the manufacturer’s
warranty on Televisions and Computers
to 2 years from the date of purchase. See
the manufacturer’s warranty for specific
coverage terms. For warranty service,
contact Costco Concierge Services at
1-866-861-0450.
4 Costco offers in-home television setup
(wall mounting not included) for $89.99,
available for purchase at costco.com
(ITEM 126032).
Your satisfaction is Costco’s top priority."

It would seem that videogame systems are excluded, unless they are deemed a computer.

Aside from the fact I am an idiot, I apologize again!!!! DOH!!!!!

[quote name='linkpwns']Don't PS3's sell on ebay for below Retail Price now-a-days?[/QUOTE]

used systems are less, new ones usually come out to above MSRP after shipping.

Off topic but has to do with the warranty...

since the mfr warranty for computers has been extended to two years does this mean I can get a free replacement powerbrick for my laptop since mine just stopped working?

my lappy is about a year and a half old.

Is Costco B&M getting PS3s in quantity now? In GA, my local Costco only had one unit in stock when I checked last.

They haven't been available on their website in months.

[quote name='ryanlk']do these ps3 bundles come with that free talladega nights blu-ray movie? or were those only for the first run ps3s?[/QUOTE]

Even if it was only included with first runs it should still be on store shelves. Ziiiiiiiiiiing!!!

[quote name='sonderiaom']Alright, let me see if I can correct your thinking.

*The return policy for the Game Consoles HAVE NOT CHANGED.
*Price Guarentee is STILL 30 days.
*90 day policy refers to computers, tv's, camera's, camcorders, mp3 players, and cell phones.[/quote]

Does this mean if I buy a Xbox 360 under the new policy that Costco would replace if it died 3 years from now????
Thank you in advance as I think I am buying a 360 at costco in the next couple months just for the better return policy....

It seems like the return policy has changed... if you bought a TV before this happened do you think the old return policy will still apply?

[quote name='P dad']Does this mean if I buy a Xbox 360 under the new policy that Costco would replace if it died 3 years from now????
Thank you in advance as I think I am buying a 360 at costco in the next couple months just for the better return policy....[/quote]

That is actually dependent on the individual werehouse. It is definitly more than the 90 days. However, 'lifetime' is very unrealistic. At my werehouse it's 2 years, anything more than that and it needs to be ok'd by a manager. I suggest going in and asking the membership people for your werehouse.

[quote name='GBKeroberos']It seems like the return policy has changed... if you bought a TV before this happened do you think the old return policy will still apply?[/quote]

The policy change only influences those items bought after the policy went into affect.

bread's done
Back